benchmark-h335 and why?

Originally Posted By: Rich1Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: ohihunter2014need help picking between the 2. both shoot great in my bolt guns now just need to figure out which ones the best but cant seem to find why ones better.

your thoughts?
The OP ask "WHICH IS BETTER". Nowhere did he mention temperature change, mood swings, porch swings, ect. Thusly Ford vs Chevy back at ya!!!

So, did anyone answer the question other than me, or just fall in line with the "comment" of the crazy k9 and then drift into the powder choice at the stores?

Sorry. I think people are wore thin from the spoon feedings.

But, if I had to choose, it depends. Neither is better, just different. If I was loading a lot of a particular round like 223 or 204 for a single purpose like shooting pdogs, probably using a progressive, h335. If I was loading a few or a few dozen for multiple purposes in all climates where max performance was necessary and consistent long range dope in all temps was required, bm.

Does that help?

Ther, see someone can answer a simple question even though he had to add in a jab that most likely could only be done on his keyboard.

Good answer in the second part.

One to run would be BM. But there can never be a definitive better of the two. I would never limit myself to two personally.

Greg

Originally Posted By: Rich1Ther, see someone can answer a simple question even though he had to add in a jab that most likely could only be done on his keyboard.

Right or left jab? Definitely better on the keyboard with the left...
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: Rich1Ther, see someone can answer a simple question even though he had to add in a jab that most likely could only be done on his keyboard.

First off, he asked a very vague question. And 2nd his question as asked has no definative answer.

Basically he needs to answer the question himself by shooting both loads more than a few times and in several weather conditions to see which one is better for that particular rifle. Just because 7 out of 10 people think one is better than the other in there rifles that does not mean bull doodoo for his rifle.

crazy k-9, I guess I been called worse. Here's a better answer than my first. All/ most of us know that 335 in winter time loads are going to do some really weird things in the heat of a summer day. And summertime loads are going to be different in dead of winter. You should load accordingly to the temp you will be using the 335 loads. Benchmark not so much. I have used both powders in both season conditions. Personally, I have switched to 8208 and CFE223 so my posts are worthless to the OP. Thats why I said Ford and Chevy because there are people that still use both and know the correct way to use both powders in all seasons and will/may/might say that one is better than the other.

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014Benchmark just put 5 shots through same hole!! Eat your heart out h335. This is freakin awesome.

blink.gif
ohmy.gif
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014Benchmark just put 5 shots through same hole!! Eat your heart out h335. This is freakin awesome.

What distance and where is the pic ?

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: ohihunter2014Benchmark just put 5 shots through same hole!! Eat your heart out h335. This is freakin awesome.

What distance and where is the pic ?

100 yards. notice in the pic that 3 are same hole and 2 are not. I shot the first 3 and said crap im not even hitting it so 2 clicks left gave me the other 2 same hole.

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/martpjin2011/media/IMG_06121_zpsnknypbh6.jpg.html?o=0

I was able to do that 1 other time at 200yards with some high dollar factory ammo. bet I could do it again with these. btw that's a savage axis that shot that group.

these are the best I got so far with h335 at 100yards.

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/martpjin2011/media/IMG_0552_zps0uhqpup7.jpg.html?o=4

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/martpjin2011/media/IMG_0557_zpseeq1vavi.jpg.html?o=2

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/martpjin2011/media/IMG_0556_zpssv5lff41.jpg.html?o=3

Last edited:
So we don't have to work and chase electrons across the net.

1st pic

H335 in order

I was bored. Just take the IMG link and paste it directly to your response and the pics will show.

Greg

thanks GL im not computer savvy to be able to do that.

im super happy with that BM group. going to try again today and work up from that start but loading 10 at that charge to make sure that wasn't a fluke.

It would be nice to know the caliber, twist rate and so on....I use Benchmark for various reasons. I like that I can load my rounds for different calibers with the same powder. I hunt in the High Sierras and our temp swings from 30-80 degrees depending on the time of day and season and for the most part, our humidity is low. I reload in winter and summer and have found that Benchmark is consistent. JMO.
DSCN2142.jpg

This pic is from my tested rounds from an unmolested Rem 700 SPS 22-250 with a 1:14 TR, 26" hvy bbl. I don't comp shoot, so I don't split hairs, but it does the job. by the way, the first shot from a cold bore is the most important, and this is off a bipod, no rear bag, not a rest... Happy Hunting....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PowerfisherIt would be nice to know the caliber, twist rate and so on....I use Benchmark for various reasons. I like that I can load my rounds for different calibers with the same powder. I hunt in the High Sierras and our temp swings from 30-80 degrees depending on the time of day and season and for the most part, our humidity is low. I reload in winter and summer and have found that Benchmark is consistent. JMO.
DSCN2142.jpg

This pic is from my tested rounds from an unmolested Rem 700 SPS 22-250 with a 1:14 TR, 26" hvy bbl. I don't comp shoot, so I don't split hairs, but it does the job. by the way, the first shot from a cold bore is the most important, and this is off a bipod, no rear bag, not a rest... Happy Hunting....

223rem savage axis 2 heavy barrel 1-9 twist with 55gr hornady v max bullets, lc cases off front bag and rear bag. shot cold bore first round smack in the middle, the others were fire continuously.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeThat load looks like it will work.

A 2 shot group and a 3 shot group is not a 5 shot 1 hole group,however.
tt2.gif

I shot the first 2 and said what the heck I missed #2 so I fired #3 and said no crap all same hole. 2 clicks over put me #4-5 in the same hole. hey if I had shot 4-5 in the same area they would have probably went through the hole and didn't leave any marks. you have to admit with #4-5 being same hole it would have been 5 in one hole.

ill shoot 5 in one hole tonight and take another pic. lol.

The h335 groups are decent. If I can play with them and get them tighter I'll stick with it seeing how I have 2lbs and 2k mag primers. Might use benchmark as my hunting powder this way I don't have issues in different temps plus h335 is cheaper

Back