Baiting

Wow, 4 black ones, plus yours. What I would give for a nice, black coyote. If you get tired of shooting, give me a call. LOL. I'll be glad to offer my services.

You are welcome here!! Lots of black ones. Got this young male this morn with a call. Started with a female howl. Had one bark from on top of the ridge. Barked back and forth but he refused to come. Coward!!! Started a fawn bawl and distress series for about ten minutes and then hushed. This one showed up about ten minutes later from different direction. .270 at 100yds DRT

2013-05-18_07-48-16_762-Copy_zps7caf8a1e.jpg

6mm06,I talked to the local gunsmith today and he said you can't hurt a gun using jb paste. He said you can use it all you want.Id call Todd kindler and talk to him about why using the paste before shooting is important for the 17's.whats going on with the new 17?

I have both a male and female coyote visiting the bait site. The female visits often and the male occasionally.

This male looks pretty good, considering the time of year. The females are the ones that seem to ugly over so much.

Here's the female some time back. She is even uglier now.

ordered a 243 barrel from northland shooters to replace a 223 on a model 10 savage Looking forward to a little more versatility hoping to shoot a 65 gr vmax at around 3400 fps This should do real good to out about 300 yds with only a 6 inch high hold or a hold on top of the back.

blusam did you order the larger bolt-head, barrel nut wrench, and go/no go gauges from them as well or did you already have that stuff. Just wondering what the total cost came to. Please keep us advised on how easy/difficult you find it to do the installation. Did you get the Criterion barrel?

Blusam, You should try the remington 80 gr. psp in that 243 for coyote.Shawn Heydon on the Randy Anderson vidios shoots alot of coyotes with that bullet on the vidios.I talked to him and he said either the bullet dosnt exit or small exit.The coyotes he shoots go right down and look untouched.I am going to load some up and put my 243 back into service just to see it for myself.

He didn't have the large bolt head. Didn't get a custom barrel , got a new savage take off 22 inch 243 sporter. Got barrel wrench, action vise, custom barrel nut, go gauge and custom stainless recoil lug. Going to order the bolt head from Midway along with the nogo gauge. Excited about the project. Big job for me. I am mostly a shooter not a smith.

You'll do fine blusam, and I'm sure there are lots of instructional videos to help you out where questions arise. I like my Savage in 243. It shoots flat and hits hard. It is very accurate and pretty light weight for carrying as well.

got the goods from Northland on Fri/ Been Putting up hay, Raining a monsoon now. Will change the barrel out soon. Lots of yotes on cameras but all at night.

The male coyote was at my site a few nights ago. Haven't seen the female for a while. The male still looks
pretty good for this time of year, but the last I saw of the female, she looked all used up.

Blusam, you undoubtedly are overrun with coyotes at your place. Here, I get an occasional one visiting.

He visited on the 29th.

I concur about ranch "dead piles". But only if it's fairly fresh. I've heard that most dogs don't prefer rancid meat. I might be wrong. We all know a fresh killed Jack rabbit won't last the night.

I don't know. Coyotes here seem to eat most anything, the smellier the better.

Had a bit of activity at the site last night and again today.

This female came last night just before 11:00 PM, and lingered most of the night, then showed up again around midday. Apparently she's hungry.

I'm thinking this one may be a different female from the last one. This one looks much darker.

Click on the photo to see video.

Here's the female from some time back. Looks different.

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/6mm06/media/Coyote5-14-13.jpg.html

Back