ATN X-sight --- Shipping to distributers

Do all the scopes flicker like the videos or are some of them normal, I can't believe they would release it with that problem but then again I can. Can that be fixed with upgrades? The other things might be minor but that would be a major concern for me

BB, that's what I was thinking. The UNV-T20 is supposed to be a good IR light from what I have read. I have a TT-01 which I think may be a little stronger. Being able to see and shoot to 250 yds. is about all most people in the "calling game" would need, but I would sure like to be able to get that far.

On 899's question on the flickering, is that what you see or what is recorded? Would lowering the resolution make any difference in your opinion?

Last edited:
Good point on lowering the res to see if that increases viewing distance, I will try that at some point.

I'm not sure on the answers to your questions 899 - time will tell whether firmware alone can solve the flickering.

I too noticed the flickering on the double hog kill video as well as with Ben's scope, and seems like I remember yet another video I saw that flickered as well. That leads me to think that all the scopes do that. Maybe I'm wrong.

The clarity of the X-Sight is pretty impressive as DoubleUp mentioned. It is clearer than the Photon.

It seems there are always trade off's with scopes, pros and cons. The sad thing is that the issues the scopes (X-Sight and Photon) have are ones that hunters really need fixed, ie flickering, poor focus, battery drain rendering the scope inoperable, white out, lack of external battery jack etc. I could do without an external jack if the scope wouldn't go into inoperable mode with low batteries.

Hopefully the companies will hear the cries and criticisms of people who actually use them in the field, and then get their techs involved to remedy the situation. If they do, I think we will have some great NV optics to look forward to in the future.

Hey Ben, I'm just curious how the scope will perform at night when you shoot. Maybe sometime when you can, do a quick test of that to see if it has white-out like my Photon did.

newbie - I would assume it would be the same at night, just in a different color.

6mm - I plan to retest within the week, I will shoot and record at night for you and Mr. DoubleUp.

Ben

Originally Posted By: BennyboneOriginally Posted By: Victor_TNVCWhere is this scope made?

Vic

The little sticker on the scope says MADE IN CHINA

Thanks Ben.

Vic

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: BennyboneOriginally Posted By: Victor_TNVCWhere is this scope made?

Vic

The little sticker on the scope says MADE IN CHINA

Thanks Ben.

Vic

No problem, have a good December (X-mas) and I am looking forward to what pops out of the 2015 SHOT show hopper from TNVC.

Ben

ATN announced today on another forum, and I quote:

"All,
Please be advised.

If you have received an ATN Xsight 3-12x and are not satisfied with the image quality, please contact your reseller and return your scope. We will offer you a FREE upgrade to ATN X-Sight 5-18x. This upgrade is only available to customers who already have their 3-12x scope.

Customers who have open orders for the 3-12x Xsight but have not yet received it, we are stopping the shipment of all 3-12x and relaunching the scope with manual focus. This would delay the shipment by another 30 days or so but it is the right thing to do."

Last edited:

Well, seems ATN is taking notice to customer issues. That's good to hear. Now, if they will turn their attention to the issues with the 5-18x, ie flickering, battery issue etc. then they may well be on the way to having a decent digital NV scope. They certainly have it all over the Photon in the clarity area, from what I have experienced with my own Photon and from the videos I have seen of the X-Sight. Time will tell.

Thanks Ben for posting that, and thanks for your willingness to do a night-time shooting test.

Looking forward to a night time shooting film with the x-sight, Ben. I appreciate your efforts.

Looks like ATN is doing the right thing with the 3x focus issue. Hope that carries through to the rest of their digital scope product issues. It is to their credit that they are dealing with a quality issue. The problem with that as I see it is that they are letting the public sort out their quality problems. Why couldn't they have seen that before the shipped them? There are a lot of issues with their product that should have never made it out their door. I am glad they are being honorable about it and taking care of some of the problems, but it sure doesn't look like they are doing any of their own quality control.

Agree it should have been field tested by ATN before it was past on to the publicOriginally Posted By: 1loboLooking forward to a night time shooting film with the x-sight, Ben. I appreciate your efforts.

Looks like ATN is doing the right thing with the 3x focus issue. Hope that carries through to the rest of their digital scope product issues. It is to their credit that they are dealing with a quality issue. The problem with that as I see it is that they are letting the public sort out their quality problems. Why couldn't they have seen that before the shipped them? There are a lot of issues with their product that should have never made it out their door. I am glad they are being honorable about it and taking care of some of the problems, but it sure doesn't look like they are doing any of their own quality control.

Originally Posted By: robertjay53Agree it should have been field tested by ATN before it was past on to the publicOriginally Posted By: 1loboLooking forward to a night time shooting film with the x-sight, Ben. I appreciate your efforts.

What they say above.....Why should us hunters and shooters figure there mess out....How about put some units in the field and straighten them out before hand...You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Numerous hunters offered to field test them prior to launch, ATN didn't have any in hand except for a prototype that got passed around at trade shows and to a few select hunters.

I think they decided to "LET IT RIDE" once the units hit State side.

I don't have anything to support the above claims so it is just my read on things.

BETA testing optics at a range near you
smile.gif

Thanks Ben for the test.

The flickering in the scope really bothers me. Looks like the focus is pretty good, however.

Back