ATN X-sight --- Shipping to distributers

Originally Posted By: 899I have never seen so many problems with one pos does anything work right on this thing why is or did it get so much praise I don't understand

That's because the "other Hunting forums" are stocked with Pro-Staffers and shills who get free gear to post all their positive reviews.
frown.gif

Vic

I just want to thank you guys for all the info. You saved me money and agrivation. Im going to go with the photon instead. This is why i love this forum. You guys are awesome.

I think you will like the Photon. It's a decent scope. It has limitations, but it is pretty decent for night use.

I've noticed that the shills have gotten a little quiet on the other forum since the x-sight has gotten out into quite a few hands and the truth is coming out on it. It is pretty well loaded with problems. It does give you some daytime capability, but I don't see any value in a scope that has to use batteries to do what glass can do better. It does like batteries. It uses four aa batteries about twice as fast as the Photon uses two.

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: 899I have never seen so many problems with one pos does anything work right on this thing why is or did it get so much praise I don't understand

That's because the "other Hunting forums" are stocked with Pro-Staffers and shills who get free gear to post all their positive reviews.
frown.gif

Vic

You got that right Vic...I just spotted this on the Amazon reviews for this so-called great scope. http://www.amazon.com/review/R2LSH1811VXGGZ

Someone should Google Chip Fong and see what they find!
laugh.gif

Ha Ha HA HA.... Chip is the Regional sales Manager for ATN........ Guess he is trying to push the product to get his sales incentive!

Only a jerk would post a review like that. Valuable lesson here......... You can't always go by the reviews....

Originally Posted By: fastforward
Victor_TNVC said:
899 said:
I have never seen so many problems with one pos does anything work right on this thing why is or did it get so much praise I don't understand

frown.gif

Chip Fong is VP of ATN Marketing, what a complete SHAM!
thumbdown.gif

DoubleUp/BB, will do. I'm not fanatical nor am I trying to reproduce/compare this to a gen3 unit so I hope maybe I can speak to the folks that are looking for a cheap ir solution with some cool bells and whistles.

899, I agree it doesn't make sense to me either. My hope is in reading over öthe issues, the majority seem to be firmware related. This in reality is simple to fix IF the folks at ATN have good developers. I'm always on the bleeding edge of things especially tech so that comes with the territory. Worst case I stick my Coyote Special back on and go back to the light and the XSight sits on the shelf till the bugs are worked out. Not much of a gamble really, just have to be patient. I'll let you guys know what I think.

Originally Posted By: fastforwardOriginally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: 899I have never seen so many problems with one pos does anything work right on this thing why is or did it get so much praise I don't understand

frown.gif

Vic

You got that right Vic...I just spotted this on the Amazon reviews for this so-called great scope. http://www.amazon.com/review/R2LSH1811VXGGZ

laugh.gif

Well I asked an honest question. Maybe there is another Chip Fong guy out there. The users out there deserve to know who wrote the review. If I wrote a review of our gear, I would want to let the consumers know who I represented.
smile.gif

Vic

This thread has been going on for two months now. Am I the only one who has read enough negative reviews about this product to put it on the DO NOT BUY/AVOID AT ALL COSTS list?
It would have been nice if it had worked, but according to the majority of people who have reviewed it, it does not. Maybe ATN should just cut their losses and start over. If a dog won't hunt, get another dog.
Don't take this the wrong way, I really do appreciate the equipment reviews here, I do almost all of my pre-purchase research here and I very much value the opinions of the guys who take the time to post an actual user review of a product.
The X-sight just seems to be a loser. What else can be said? Continuing to discuss it just keeps a dead horse alive.

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: fastforwardOriginally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: 899I have never seen so many problems with one pos does anything work right on this thing why is or did it get so much praise I don't understand

frown.gif

Vic

laugh.gif

Well I asked an honest question. Maybe there is another Chip Fong guy out there. The users out there deserve to know who wrote the review. If I wrote a review of our gear, I would want to let the consumers know who I represented.
smile.gif

Vic

A product's performance is unchanged by shills, marketing, or other non-related activities.

You know that I strive to report the performance aspect of digital technology no matter the branding on the unit or whom I Prostaff for.

This forum keeps it pretty fair to the core concept of performance and I hope it stays that way without evolving to dog piling on products that are hindered by non-performance related issues.

And before someone chimes in that firmware can change the performance, I get that - it is a key reason why I haven't done a review on the X-sight as I don't feel as though it is performing at its full potential thus far.

BB

Edit: In my mind the other factors that should play a key role in a buying decision are warranty and customer service. Granted those aren't unit performance measures however they are crucial to the unit's life cycle.

Last edited:
One thing the ATN X-Sight seems to supremely excel at is locked down threads by the forum moderators!

BB, that thread you quoted about fastforward had nothing to do with him and everything to do with me when those hard working ATN shills were all laughing about my wife having breast cancer surgery and undergoing chemotherapy treatments while hyping their product in that locked thread. They also made comments elsewhere that were censored and removed due to being so highly inflammatory.

Fastforward stepped in there to point out how despicable and callous these people are, nothing more and nothing less.
thumbup1.gif

The fact that these people represent this product speaks for itself.

Owners and moderators of many other forums also read those vile posts and are aware of it.

sorry to hear that skypup, I normally don't follow any thread that mentions ATN or refer them, just from past experience of my self and clients but now have more reason not to.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SkyPupOne thing the ATN X-Sight seems to supremely excel at is locked down threads by the forum moderators!

BB, that thread you quoted about fastforward had nothing to do with him and everything to do with me when those hard working ATN shills were all laughing about my wife having breast cancer surgery and undergoing chemotherapy treatments while hyping their product in that locked thread. They also made comments elsewhere that were censored and removed due to being so highly inflammatory.

Fastforward stepped in there to point out how despicable and callous these people are, nothing more and nothing less.
thumbup1.gif

The fact that these people represent this product speaks for itself.

Owners and moderators of many other forums also read those posts too.

I am completely aware of what was said to whom and it was unfortunate which is why I requested the thread to be closed.

I don't think you need to explain fastforwards comments as he is responsible for those and as stated to you before I sincerely wish your wife a quick recovery.

Hopefully we all move down the road from here and create a stronger union based on respect rather than counter productive actions.

I hope you understand that where I'm coming from has nothing to do with scopes and reviews but rather community unity and good times for all which is why I was compelled to speak up today elsewhere..

BB

Edit: on page 5 of this thread I made it clear that I was cognizant of the baggage associated to the X-sight elsewhere and rather than discuss it I worked diligently around it to provide clear air to discuss the scope.

I mention this only to demonstrate my commitment to keeping threads civil and on topic.

Last edited:
+1, I totally agree.

Owners and moderators of other forums called to speak to me personally about that locked ATN X-Sight thread and those specific people, everyone was appalled at what they read.

Sorry about your bad experience Skypup and I hope your wife is doing well with her struggle.

I really appreciate the fact that we can openly discuss product issues on this forum without running afoul of the bias of the the shills and promoters. It is good to be able to explore the good and bad sides of a product without having to fight your way uphill through a lot of marketing misdirection. I've been pretty critical of the x-sight and I think my criticism has been justified. It has turned out to be a product with a lot of problems that aren't necessarily repairable through firmware. The 3x had focus problems and that is being fixed by ATN. The 5x is really a 7x and it does not do well at night. It just doesn't see well enough, and that is a fact that I've observed. Something in the hardware just doesn't let it happen as well as I feel it should. I am glad to see that there is an effort in the market to supply a low cost digital solution to the night hunters. The best results so far are the Photon and Pulsar digisight. It looks to me like there will probably be a lot more efforts in that regard and we are seeing just the beginning of that. Too bad ATN couldn't have spent more time testing before they stumbled so badly. I am glad to see their efforts to produce a better scope even though they have not yet succeeded.

SkyPup, I too wish your wife a complete and speedy recovery.

I'm thinking that perhaps ATN may yet pull a rabbit out of the hat with the 3x once it gets the manual focus installed. The lower power should also help it do better at night than the 5x that is really 7x hopefully. The jury is still out and it may all turn out to be one big bomb no matter what they do. One thing is for sure, I won't buy one until some improvements are made and then my only use would be for the 3x.

Last edited:
x3 on the speedy and complete recovery for your wife Skypup. That is a tough fight to do and I pray she wins.

Doubleup, I think you're on a good track with your thinking about the 3x. If they get the manual focus working right, and some software fixes in place like flicker stopped etc., then the 3x might work as a night scope. It would be handy to have a low power scope that works at night that you could zoom when the occasion allowed. I sitting here waiting to see what they do and watching the whole digital market with a lot of interest. I'm wondering if Shot show will bring anything to the table.

New firmware released today, being this is ATN's first jaunt down the road with user updateable firmware the releases are coming without a revision summary so you don't quite know what is being "fixed" or augmented.

Thus far the reported changes by others is the addition of compass and altitude features although some are reporting their compass doesn't change when they move to a new direction.

A POI shift test is being done by a United Kingdom user tomorrow to see if the reticle tracks correctly through the zoom levels.

Still flickers at night and still no reticle on the recorded output file.

To be continued -

BB

Back