Atlas Bipod Knockoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: McGrawbillt, I agree with your economic points on this post. I just hope we’re on the track to bringing American jobs and products back at a fair price. I very well remember when Wal-Mart got us in their doors with cheap American made products, this closed the doors on a lot of small businesses. Then seems like over night they switched to China made products just to line their own pockets. It’s just so sad to see these rural communities now days,most all that is left is a few dollar stores of some type filled with their China crap. It just makes me feel good when I can seek out a good American made products and try to break this trend.

I couldn't agree with you more. And I believe if anyone is capable of making it happen Trump is. It's a tough row to hoe however. Trump will use his power to help level the playing field. Be it through import tariffs, tax incentives for companies to stay, changing laws against foreign currency manipulation, or else come and build their production facilities here, and employ American workers in the process.

Trump has stated many times, when he was accused if buying foreign goods and hiring foreign workers, that if it were at all possible he would have both bought and hired American. But again, it was not economically feasible. I, like you, am hoping down the road it will be. We certainly have a much better chance of it happening under Trump, than we would have under that communist Hillary.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadSeems it takes a lot of words to justify being a cheap [beeep].

Or too few words to make it easier to prove your total ignorance. Again, it goes both ways.

But... But... The Harris is ugly and the springs are all hangy down.

And you can get a Chinese Knockoff Harris even cheaper.....

And for the record, I find being called "cheap" quite complimentary. I'll freely admit I am very careful with my money, and have been all of my life. It's the way I was raised. The results of being "a cheap a$$" have served me well.

I managed to fully retire at age 62, in a nice fully paid for home. And at the same time put a brand new $50K SUV in the garage after doing so. Also paid for with cash. So trust me, if I so desired, I could easily spend $300+ on a rifle bipod, or anything else for that matter. But I'm not into proving I have money by throwing it away. Through the years I've met several co workers who were.

I'm sure you know the type. You most likely are one of them. They always, "buy the best, or nothing". They used to always criticize people like me for driving cars older than theirs. Or staying home during my time off, instead of going on expensive vacations and cruises like they did. Or else they moved into a bigger, fancier house every 5 years. And at the same time started all over on a brand new 30 year mortgage. Instead of paying off their existing one.

And the reason I know all of this, is because I can now visit all of these guys at the same place at the same time. Because they are all still working. Making their mortgage payments on their big houses they don't need. And their car payments on their vehicles that are now older than mine. And they can all show me their new toys they bought. And I've got to tell you, it sure makes me jealous how they can afford to, "buy the best".... while all the while I settled for so much less.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: liliysdadAgain.. So many words....to say the same thing.

You're right there. It takes a few more words to explain a good life to someone, who believes owning a $300.00 bipod is more important.

I'm not sure I can be involved in your silly circle of self justification. You and the rest of these fine folks keep buying cheap Chinese pot metal ripoff junk. Luckily for you, the rest of us will continue to pay for the legitimate firearm industry to design the stuff you are buying.

As a simple aside.... When is the last time you saw WongDing Manufacturing sponsor a match, or donate prizes to a youth shoot, or a fundraiser for an injured police officer or soldier ?

Don't forget to figure in the cost of the blood pressure medicine in your good life. It appears to be substantial.

What took you so long to retire?

Originally Posted By: liliysdadI'm not sure I can be involved in your silly circle of self justification. You and the rest of these fine folks keep buying cheap Chinese pot metal ripoff junk. Luckily for you, the rest of us will continue to pay for the legitimate firearm industry to design the stuff you are buying. As a simple aside.... When is the last time you saw WongDing Manufacturing sponsor a match, or donate prizes to a youth shoot, or a fundraiser for an injured police officer or soldier ?

So many words to say....... Nothing.

Originally Posted By: billtOriginally Posted By: liliysdadSeems it takes a lot of words to justify being a cheap [beeep].

Or too few words to make it easier to prove your total ignorance. Again, it goes both ways.

thumbup1.gif

It's true that we have a BIG problem with China. They're using our
money to not only take over the South China sea, but much of the
Pacific to the south, even making man-made islands to establish
military bases....scary! They are militarily much more dangerous
than Russia, and yet we keep ponying up the money through buying
cheaper products.

That being said, no one here seems to know what country makes
these knock-off bi-pods. China seems to be pretty proud to stamp
or somehow mark "China" on most, if not all, their products.
Unless someone can find such a mark on their bi-pod, I suspect
they are made elsewhere. Even though I rarely use a bi-pod, I
would be tempted to get one of these if they turn out to be made
in Taiwan.
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: DannoBooneThat being said, no one here seems to know what country makes
these knock-off bi-pods. China seems to be pretty proud to stamp
or somehow mark "China" on most, if not all, their products.
Unless someone can find such a mark on their bi-pod, I suspect
they are made elsewhere. Even though I rarely use a bi-pod, I
would be tempted to get one of these if they turn out to be made
in Taiwan.

You bring up a good point. Everyone here is jumping up and down screaming China. Yet I just reexamined my bipod, along with the box it came in. And there is absolutely nothing marked on it, or the box anywhere. There was no packing slip or instructions, parts list, nothing to suggest where it was manufactured.

And I agree with you that most everything coming out of that country is stamped with "China" somewhere. Or else on the box. But not this. Taiwan could be a good possibility.

Originally Posted By: fw707What would be a “fair” price for a genuine MAGA QD version of an Atlas bipod?

I would be willing to pay $125.00 to $150.00 for a brand new one in the box. But not a dime more than that. I don't see anymore value or manufacturing in it to justify spending more. And I base that on 45 years in the metalworking and manufacturing trades.

As psycodog said in an earlier post. They charge $300.00+ for these things because they can. Shooters are a funny bunch that way. Just look at the 6.5 Creedmoor. Once they get convinced that a product is the greatest thing to come along since Monday Night Football and 3 men in the booth, they'll stand in line, and pay most anything to have it. Value doesn't seem to matter. What does is how badly they want it.

Regardless if it was selected by some "operator" who tossed it out of a chopper, or if the guy at the last match they attended, won with it. They want it. A bit like women's designer jeans back in the 80's. They were getting into fist fights over them for $50.00 a pair. (This is back when you could buy Wranglers for $12.00). The best way to get the price up on a product is to create a demand. And it doesn't matter how.

All I know is that recently unclassified military reports about what bi-pod ISIS prefers say that they like the Atlas best because its cheap and then they can mount better machine guns in their 50K SUV's. And then retire early from the battlefield.

Originally Posted By: Winny Fan...... And then retire early from the battlefield.

At least that parts true. Although I don't think they're "retiring" quite like they envisioned.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadWhen is the last time you saw WongDing Manufacturing sponsor a match, or donate prizes to a youth shoot, or a fundraiser for an injured police officer or soldier?

OK, I'll play Okie. Seeing as once again you've managed to go full stupid on me. When I help sponsor shooting matches, I financially donate to the club that I currently have a full membership with, who sponsors them. I also show up and help contribute to setting up, and running those matches. I also donate to the Fraternal Order Of Police every year..... Directly. And I'm also an automatic monthly contributor to the Wounded Warrior Project Of Arizona.

What I don't do, and won't do, is overpay for a bipod, or some other ridiculously overpriced shooting trinket, to some company in hopes that part of the outrageous price that I'm being charged for their contraption, will somehow find it's way to some worthy cause. Of which I have no indication or proof that it ever will. Once again it's called being smart and effective with your money. Something you prove you're becoming more and more incapable of with every post.

Originally Posted By: billtOriginally Posted By: liliysdadWhen is the last time you saw WongDing Manufacturing sponsor a match, or donate prizes to a youth shoot, or a fundraiser for an injured police officer or soldier?

OK, I'll play Okie. Seeing as once again you've managed to go full stupid on me. When I help sponsor shooting matches, I financially donate to the club that I currently have a full membership with, who sponsors them. I also show up and help contribute to setting up, and running those matches. I also donate to the Fraternal Order Of Police every year..... Directly. And I'm also an automatic monthly contributor to the Wounded Warrior Project Of Arizona.

What I don't do, and won't do, is overpay for a bipod, or some other ridiculously overpriced shooting trinket, to some company in hopes that part of the outrageous price that I'm being charged for their contraption, will somehow find it's way to some worthy cause. Of which I have no indication or proof that it ever will. Once again it's called being smart and effective with your money. Something you prove you're becoming more and more incapable of with every post.

Dang. You do all of that and still you can afford a $50K SUV? And you retired early just because you buy what some consider to be cheap knock-off bipods?

You're definitely my new hero in life.
laugh.gif

my, my. looky what i found. its just to good not to share.

Originally Posted By: liliysdad I am currently using a el cheapo camera tripod, but its a but too tall. I tried one of the bendy tripods, but the Revolution simply weighs too much. I think I will likely wind up with one of the Chinese Manfrotto tabletop clones on Amazon for about 25 bucks.

hypocrites are right down there with cockroaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back