Atlas Bipod Knockoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: billtOriginally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotnews flash. been going on long before we were born and will be going on long after we are dead. not worth getting all worked up about.

Exactly. And it will be going on more and more as time marches on. Harbor Freight was built on Chinese manufacturing. Do they not employ American workers? This whole stupid argument is going the same place the, "don't buy Japanese cars" argument went in the 60's.

We had a brand new Harbor Freight open downtown today.
I think I’ll jump in the ForeRunner and check it out tomorrow.

grin.gif

Country of Origin is really the most minor issue at play. Theft of intellectual property is a much more important issue. The designers and engineers involved in the Atlas used their intelligence, their sweat, and their assets to design, manufacture and market their product. The folks selling these counterfeits have no skin in the game, and stand only to profit on what they stole from AccuShot.

It truly doesn't matter.... Folks will always find a way to justify being cheap.I simply expect better out of seemingly stand up folks. I should know better by now.

Originally Posted By: liliysdad....Theft of intellectual property is a much more important issue. The designers and engineers involved in the Atlas used their intelligence, their sweat, and their assets to design, manufacture and market their product.....

This product in no way claims to be Atlas. So it's not really any more of a knock off than an Orient 2ER is a knockoff of the Rolex. Nobody who buys this thinks they are getting an Atlas. If they do, they are stupid. To the extent that there may be a patent issue, if Atlas can't hire a lawyer to send a cease and desist letter to Amazon, then that's their own fault. They've got nothing to cry about.

Every red ball cap I've seen with MAGA on it was made in China. Go Figure. But I restrained and didn't buy one.

How many rem 700 clone custom receivers are owned by folks here? I don't hear anyone claiming theft of property on Remingtons behalf.

Right. Cuz its just fine when a counterfitter charges more and says "upgraded". Spend your money how you want to. Keep your trap shut about how other folks spend theirs.

The ads on Amazon never once claim to be atlas. They are simply an atlas style same as there are several harris style bipods on the market. Most are not neArly as good as the original but some brands will suffice for people who don't want to spend the extra funds.

Last edited:
Yall keep on telling yourself it's OK. I'm done.... Try this crap on a site with a little more integrity and there would be a sack full of bans

Originally Posted By: billt For $ 43.00 each they are a good deal. Certainly better than paying over $ 250.00 for an original Atlas.

Opinions vary.

A lot of people are going to be shocked when the weekly paycheck stops and are forced to live on Social Security. All the high end stuff you use to have starts getting replaced with "what you can afford" and still keep the lights on stuff. If a $43 works for you then you got $200 left to spend on food, gas or groceries. You/we/I do the best I can to have quality things but sometimes it has to be the cheaper version. Retirement ain't no free ride. Our taste hasn't changed, just our budgets.

Amen to that. I stretch my retirement money as much as I can. Sometimes I can't go first cabin but even going steerage I can reach my goal.

Greg

Everyone has a budget and most do not have a budget that allows a 5, 7 or 10k rifle much less multiples that some folks on this forum are privy to and I'm not saying those folks don't work for their money or anything like that. Just that having that kind of disposable income is just not in the cards for many ad that means having to opt for alternatives to, for example, a $300 bipod.

Not being able to afford what we want does not make it acceptable to promote the theft of intellectual property.

Originally Posted By: liliysdad intellectual property

You may want to get your ‘intellect’ checked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back