Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So what is the common denominator with these problems??

Lack of knowledge and/or experience and or operator error.

- DAA

Agreed...

But since knowledge/experience means different things to different people, I would list "understanding" above all else.

I know a couple guys that have been reloading for quite some and know enough to assemble loads. If you were to ask them they would tell you they have been reloading for many years (they have) for all their various calibers (which in their mind covers knowledge and experience). The truth of it is they really know little beyond screwing dies into a press, priming, charging and seating the bullet... they also know that if you turn the necks, weigh every charge, seat bullet just off lands etc. you will magically turn your rifle into a tackdriver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif...usually when they have a problem with a load they blame the gun, the powder, the primer...but they're never very certain of the cause or able to diagnose it... but they'll be first in line to give out reloading advice lol.

It seems for some that it is more important to participate on a open forum then to understand what it is they are talking about.

Your friends are 'reloaders' and not 'handloaders', like I said there is a difference.

Oh yeah, try telling them that.

As I said, knowledge and experience mean different things to different people.

These forums are full of reloading experts with relatively little understanding beyond the basics...they just don't realize it. They're also full of predator hunting experts that never seem to actually go out and hunt (or post anything to make you believe they ever did). The internet has allowed them to become an authority on something they might, or might not of been successful at in real life...who knows and who cares.

It's just what you deal with on an open forum...everyone has an opinion and it should be taken with a grain of salt. The people who actually do know something about this stuff can recognize what is good info vs. the crap.

I think this whole post really both says a lot and touches upon a LOT of truths. ESPECIALLY the last sentence........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I don't have anything to add here. I just wondered how many quotes in a quote this thing can handle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The limit is when there is no room left for the first quote in the very center.

I just wanted to see what it looked like on the reply page!

this is fun!!!

What he said...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I like bacon.

- DAA

Do any of you gent's need about 5000 once fired small rifle primers, I'm going to list them for sale but thought I would ask here first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Contact the guy that makes the ammosmith movies on youtube. He fills them with the white phosporus tip off matchheads and reuses them.
http://ammosmith.com/

BTT

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

OK... I'll start going towards 50!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

this thread hurts my eyes..............

That box in the middle is getting smaller!

A few more of these and I'll have to get a vertical monitor.

Hey Cat, did you ever think your thread would spin out of control like this?

Hows the weather back east?

Hey Fuzzy... I never could have guessed - and the weather sucks!

The actually irritating part though, is that quite often, someone will reply, early on, with a helpful, factually correct, technically helpful response. But following that factually correct answer to the original question, will follow, sometimes dozens, of clueless replies, usually only peripherally related to the original question. Sadly, the original, question posing poster, will often end up going with whatever advice the majority of non-relevant, clueless responders have offered. Ignoring the earliest given, most accurate advice.

- DAA

The hard cold truth right there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

What DAA and Furhunter said...

-BCB

Back