40 reasons I'll never attend the WTBBC.

Originally Posted By: PowellSixO I've always thought that in a big tournament like that, everyone should have to attend a meeting the night before the tournament. The tournament director could then hand out a playing card from a deck of cards (or something along those lines) with his signature on it. Then each team would have to purchase a newspaper the morning before they start hunting. Every animal taken, would then have to have a picture taken with one of the hunters in the picture, as well a the newspaper, and the signed playing card clearly in view. This would greatly decrease the amount of cheating that goes on in tournaments.

How does taking 40 pictures with a newspaper and a signed playing card reduce this implied cheating? Doesn't seem difficult to take 40 pictures in 24 hours...

If these guys knocked down 40 coyotes in 24 hours, that's awesome. I would have loved to be along on that hunt!

Originally Posted By: getemcloseLol, why isn't it possible I hope your kidding. Jealousy is a nasty thing. Better put me under the cheater category then to cause i guess it's not possible to kill coyotes like that. Before you lip off and smear people's name in the dirt come up with sone proof maybe first?? See, a few guys who get there [beeep] kicked, make a descion they want to become the best and they put WORK in. The majority like you guys complain and accuse people of cheating. Pathetic. Shaking my head. Shake your head until it falls off..I don't care..but, I've been hunting dogs for over 42 yrs. and consider myself a darn good caller of dogs. But I do every contest "WITHIN" the rules! I've seen so many violations of the rules, always makes me question the validity of how many dogs come in, especially if a team comes in with 20 and second is say 8-10. For example: I/we hunted a contest in Cali many years back. Rules of the contest stated "you must abide by ALL state and county laws" the team that won this contest violated only 1 law...that was California's transporting of weapons in a vehicle!!! Was that a rules violation for said contest? Darn right it was, imo! But they still won the contest. We came in 2nd, ALL doing it by the book!!! By the look of your "avatar" your still a kid! Grow-up! There is "no" you guys! Theres us, as predator hunters! And I'll say this to add! Bet a $100 to your dime! I've killed more game than you will ever! Especially with that attitude. Have a great freakin day!

Originally Posted By: S2HOriginally Posted By: PowellSixO I've always thought that in a big tournament like that, everyone should have to attend a meeting the night before the tournament. The tournament director could then hand out a playing card from a deck of cards (or something along those lines) with his signature on it. Then each team would have to purchase a newspaper the morning before they start hunting. Every animal taken, would then have to have a picture taken with one of the hunters in the picture, as well a the newspaper, and the signed playing card clearly in view. This would greatly decrease the amount of cheating that goes on in tournaments.

How does taking 40 pictures with a newspaper and a signed playing card reduce this implied cheating? Doesn't seem difficult to take 40 pictures in 24 hours...

If these guys knocked down 40 coyotes in 24 hours, that's awesome. I would have loved to be along on that hunt!

I forgot to add numbered mouth tags, plus temperature probing at the end.

Plus, I didn't say it would eliminate all cheating, just prevent some from doing it. In a coyote tournament, there is pretty much no way to stop every form of cheating.

I know its hard for many to believe but those numbers are very doable. Yes its an impressive showing by anyones standards, but it is possible. Remember this is all day and all night in an area with lots of coyotes.

Just cause you can't wrap your head around it Doesn't mean it's not possible. You shouldn't accuse someone of cheating with no proof. The boys are killers

Most tournaments have a block system or put playing cards in their mouth and zip tie it so when rigor mortis sets in you'll know when the zip tie is removed that it's a legit kill. Big tournaments also judge the temperature of the critters sometimes. I'm not saying they cheated because I don't think they probably did but using a block system is a good way from having to deal with naysayers. A polygraph should be enough to keep people honest but there's still people saying they cheated so a block system or something similar would be better so people can actually see for theirself.

Last edited:
Was their a "Block System" in place for this tourney?

Some say it was 24 hours........

Some say no NV or Thermal Allowed.......

Were High Racks and lights allowed?

Check in time was?

Seems everybody is yapping about the great job on 40 coyotes, yet nobody knows what the rules were??

Never said it "wasn't" possible, made a joke stating sure, if your at the zoo. I question in some, not all contests on "how" the dogs were taken. Rule violations are always stretched to the point of having proof. Why the heck do the "worlds" have poly's? And many other contests too. They try and eliminate the might be cheaters! listen twice as much as you speak!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OKRattlerAs far as I know there's no blocking system set up for this hunt.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I am not calling anybody a cheater or no good scoundrel...............I think we need more facts

Some say it was 24 hours........

Some say no NV or Thermal Allowed.......

Were High Racks and lights allowed?

Check in time was?

Lights and high racks are allowed. They're not supposed to use night vision or thermal imaging. I think the hunt starts at 12pm and I assumed check in was the following day at the same time. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

Rules (from the WTBB website):

Heaviest Bobcat wins Grand Prize. To qualify your bobcat, your team must kill either 5 Grey Fox or 5 Coyotes (NO MIXING OF THE TWO). If you do not qualify a bobcat, your team is still eligible for the Jackpots.Registration ends and hunting begins at 12:00 PM on the Saturday of the contest.

Failure to check in with judges by 11:00 AM will result in disqualification of team
Entry fee is $200 per team, CASH ONLY!!!
Pays 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places and Jackpots only.
In the event of a tie, Grand prize and Jackpots will be split evenly.
Cost of each entry is divided as follows:
$140 goes toward Main Contest
$60 is divided 3 ways toward each of the following jackpots:
Most Bobcats / Most Grey Fox / Most Coyotes
(All teams will be entered in Jackpots)

Contest Rules:
1. Must follow all County, State, and Federal hunting laws! (This includes having proper hunting license)
2. 4 members maximum per team!
3. All team members must be present at weigh-in on Sunday to claim prize money
4. All team members must hunt together at all times. No splitting up!
5. All animals must be killed within this 23 hour hunting contest!
6. No trapped, snared, caged-raised, or frozen animals will be allowed!
7. No pooling of animals between teams!
8. No hunting in baited areas!
9. Trolling is legal! (Driving around while playing caller)
10. No use of Aircraft or dogs (Teams may use a dog to help find a wounded animal, but not to hunt.)
11. The use of “Night Vision”, including Thermal and Infrared imaging, is prohibited.
12. Decision of judges is FINAL! (JUDGES WILL BE HUNTING IN CONTEST)
13. ALL winning teams will be given a polygraph!!!!!!

All I can say is congrats fellas on a job well done!
thumbup.gif

4 guys hunting for 24 hrs doesn't seem as impossible as y'all make it seem. 10 apiece? Have I done it? No, but given the amount of ground some folks have...... I can see it as a possibility.

Jim

just read rule number 9. That's how they do it. Long range rifles, suppressors, wide open country, and a good population are how it can be done. Calling somebody cheaters based on an incredible night of killing with no proof is ridiculous.

It is very possible. If they are hunting the country I think they are! Big country with lots of coyotes that DONT have the entire Foxpro sound library memorized. LMBO!! Thats key folks ... Lots of land with tons of coyotes that aren't educated by a bunch of goobers that just got that new Foxpro for Christmas and now they are an expert coyote hunter and go out blaring and blasting the countryside educating every coyote they come across. I know a guy that taught me a lot about coyote hunting from Kermit, TX and he told me it was nothing to go out a kill 20-30 dogs a night out west of Kermit. A night being 7-8 hrs ... so add about 12-13 hours onto that and you can get 40! You'll know if they're educated when you pull up and that dogs starts giving you a warning bark as soon as you start playing Lightning Jack!! or you put the light on them and they turn tail. LOL!!! Congrats to this team on some awesome shooting and teamwork. y'all were humping. Instead of accusing them of foul play ... maybe ask them what they are doing, what rifle cal/scope combo they are using. They might share some tips. Appears to me these guys know what they're doing and are [beeep] fine shots. Plus ... this is what the anti's like to see, squabbling between predator hunters ... " Divide and conquer" is they're scheme.

Back