40 reasons I'll never attend the WTBBC.

We killed 56 combo of foxes, coyotes, and bob cats in the Baja Penn. in a 48 hour period in the early 90's.

If you don't believe that, you really would have a hard time trying to believe how many we got over a 2 week hunt.

Wow 40 dogs is one [beeep] of a feat.We just had our 2nd annual coyote derby here with 16 teams and we ended up winning with 9.We had roughly 3000 acres of private ground and ran 15 miles north/south of town.It would be interesting if there were even 40 coyotes TOTAL in the area.Just not the dog population like Texas sounds like it has.

We also won the derby the first year...and being that we did, there was a lot of butt hurt small town egos that thought we cheated and unfair we have all this ground blah blah...So I know how it feels to be called that.Pathetic that people have to drop to those lows because their pride takes a shot.

All that aside,
Granted this contest had some serious $$ involved and that can open a lot of gray areas and bring the savages in us out.Who knows who cheated or who this..he that..ground this...blah blah..Contests should be fun, with all like minded folks and good stories at check in.We are already in front of the crosshairs of the antis..wanting these contents dead in the dirt.No sense in shooting at each other while they continue to take their shots.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SHamptonYOU ARE ON CRACK!!! That "kid" kills more in a month than you do in 5 years! Just because you've done it for 40 years don;t mean you're worth a flying flip at it.Originally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: getemcloseLol, why isn't it possible I hope your kidding. Jealousy is a nasty thing. Better put me under the cheater category then to cause i guess it's not possible to kill coyotes like that. Before you lip off and smear people's name in the dirt come up with sone proof maybe first?? See, a few guys who get there [beeep] kicked, make a descion they want to become the best and they put WORK in. The majority like you guys complain and accuse people of cheating. Pathetic. Shaking my head. Shake your head until it falls off..I don't care..but, I've been hunting dogs for over 42 yrs. and consider myself a darn good caller of dogs. But I do every contest "WITHIN" the rules! I've seen so many violations of the rules, always makes me question the validity of how many dogs come in, especially if a team comes in with 20 and second is say 8-10. For example: I/we hunted a contest in Cali many years back. Rules of the contest stated "you must abide by ALL state and county laws" the team that won this contest violated only 1 law...that was California's transporting of weapons in a vehicle!!! Was that a rules violation for said contest? Darn right it was, imo! But they still won the contest. We came in 2nd, ALL doing it by the book!!! By the look of your "avatar" your still a kid! Grow-up! There is "no" you guys! Theres us, as predator hunters! And I'll say this to add! Bet a $100 to your dime! I've killed more game than you will ever! Especially with that attitude. Have a great freakin day! Well, idk, but just to let your mind comprehend this, I hunt predators" everything from coyotes to bear, lion and so on, that being said: I'm mainly a big game hunter, not only a dog hunter, but I average about 100 or so dogs a year, some years better some not quite so good? in your own words..."he kills more dogs in a month than I do in 5 years"...so I'm assuming that your telling all of us that your buddy kills approximately 500 HUNDRED dogs a month? If that's true...he's actually killing 16.6 dogs every day based on a 30 day month...I must bow down to you and your friend. It's been all my mistake...so sorry..I do apologize..and so on. The funny part is that not one of my posts stated that "I accused anyone of cheating" just stated that cheaters are out there. But I should stop now, you and you buddy need to keep hunting right now..16.6 dogs needed just for today. Post a pic from today's hunt, and then tomorrow's and so on...now this thread is going nowhere....say what you want, I'm outta this. Go gett'r done!!!

This thread should probably just go away. Making a bunch of grown men sound like high school kids fighting over who has the fastest car or something. At this point why does it matter who kills what and who don't? From what I can gather some people have better hunting ground than others. Where the winners were hunting obviously had a good population of coyotes. Could they of went anywhere in the United states and killed 40? Probably not. Fact is they killed 40 on a really good ranch. It is what it is so let it go!!! Some of us will do good to kill 40 in a year or maybe even 40 in 2 years. SO WHAT??? This arguing back and forth is getting ridiculous. Fact is the jackpot was won by the team with the most coyotes and it's over. Surly we are all a better bunch of guys than this!!! No matter if you kill 4 a night a 40 we are all in this sport because we love it. Let's not rip each other apart over something so stupid. Have a good night fellers and stop letting this get to yall.

Quote:This thread should probably just go away. Making a bunch of grown men sound like high school kids fighting over who has the fastest car or something. At this point why does it matter who kills what and who don't? I agree the thread has run its course. But, I thought the thread was about cheating and/or how to maintain the integrity of a contest. Who kills what boils down to envy. I plead guilty to coyote envy everytime I spend entire day afield for one dog.
thumbup.gif

If your tired of reading it, stop reading it.. If you stop the conversation, then I personally think your missing the whole concept behind an ONLINE blog forum.

This whole thread was about contests and cheaters. Not started by a couple of guys that won a contest and were posting pics and then people bashing on them.

I could personally care less about the guys that actually were in this specific contest. Or if it was your wifes 1st cousin.. Whatever. Good for them. Congrats on an amazing feat.

High dollar contests attract cheaters. People that if you asked them the day before if they had $100 you could borrow, would tell you they are broke came up with $200 to hunt. Most of the guys i see at these things are not well off. $200 is a lot of money. $100,000 in a variety of prizes is a lot of temptation for someone that is really struggling. I don't blame them.

But then I personally see contests as a good thing, a way to meet and compete against others that share a common interest. When you see the lawsuits and protests as well as the smearing out there over the contests, the big money only makes the community look bad.
Handing out 99K, and a stack of dead coyotes,fox,bobcat. is not good for the overall community.

To each their own, but it would have been nice to see them use some of that money to promote youth hunting in the local area. Maybe make it 3 man teams and you have to have a kid with you as the 4th. Make so that in order for your kills to count you have to video a kid shooting a predator with a phone. Little things would have made this something to show the sport in a positive light vs. blood sport for money.

Originally Posted By: AnkenyQuote:This thread should probably just go away. Making a bunch of grown men sound like high school kids fighting over who has the fastest car or something. At this point why does it matter who kills what and who don't? I agree the thread has run its course. But, I thought the thread was about cheating and/or how to maintain the integrity of a contest. Who kills what boils down to envy. I plead guilty to coyote envy everytime I spend entire day afield for one dog.
thumbup.gif

Them one dog days sure make you appreciate those 2 dog days LOL...

Quote:To each their own, but it would have been nice to see them use some of that money to promote youth hunting in the local area. Maybe make it 3 man teams and you have to have a kid with you as the 4th. Make so that in order for your kills to count you have to video a kid shooting a predator with a phone. Little things would have made this something to show the sport in a positive light vs. blood sport for money.

+1

Regards,
hm

Ok this would be an easy fix, local coon hunts have cast the cast has judges why doesnt the competion take a judge that doesnt have a dog in the fight to verify each kill on each stand??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: swampwalkerThe last contest I participated in brought in 50 coyotes in three days. That was with over 600 participants. I'd like to know what are all those predators eating out there? I'd think that many coyotes would be beyond the carrying capacity of the land.

There is literally a jack rabbit every 50 feet.

I didn't say dogs, he kills coyotes. I see you're one of those 100 a year guys. I'd love to see the pics.Originally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: SHamptonYOU ARE ON CRACK!!! That "kid" kills more in a month than you do in 5 years! Just because you've done it for 40 years don;t mean you're worth a flying flip at it.Originally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: getemcloseLol, why isn't it possible I hope your kidding. Jealousy is a nasty thing. Better put me under the cheater category then to cause i guess it's not possible to kill coyotes like that. Before you lip off and smear people's name in the dirt come up with sone proof maybe first?? See, a few guys who get there [beeep] kicked, make a descion they want to become the best and they put WORK in. The majority like you guys complain and accuse people of cheating. Pathetic. Shaking my head. Shake your head until it falls off..I don't care..but, I've been hunting dogs for over 42 yrs. and consider myself a darn good caller of dogs. But I do every contest "WITHIN" the rules! I've seen so many violations of the rules, always makes me question the validity of how many dogs come in, especially if a team comes in with 20 and second is say 8-10. For example: I/we hunted a contest in Cali many years back. Rules of the contest stated "you must abide by ALL state and county laws" the team that won this contest violated only 1 law...that was California's transporting of weapons in a vehicle!!! Was that a rules violation for said contest? Darn right it was, imo! But they still won the contest. We came in 2nd, ALL doing it by the book!!! By the look of your "avatar" your still a kid! Grow-up! There is "no" you guys! Theres us, as predator hunters! And I'll say this to add! Bet a $100 to your dime! I've killed more game than you will ever! Especially with that attitude. Have a great freakin day! Well, idk, but just to let your mind comprehend this, I hunt predators" everything from coyotes to bear, lion and so on, that being said: I'm mainly a big game hunter, not only a dog hunter, but I average about 100 or so dogs a year, some years better some not quite so good? in your own words..."he kills more dogs in a month than I do in 5 years"...so I'm assuming that your telling all of us that your buddy kills approximately 500 HUNDRED dogs a month? If that's true...he's actually killing 16.6 dogs every day based on a 30 day month...I must bow down to you and your friend. It's been all my mistake...so sorry..I do apologize..and so on. The funny part is that not one of my posts stated that "I accused anyone of cheating" just stated that cheaters are out there. But I should stop now, you and you buddy need to keep hunting right now..16.6 dogs needed just for today. Post a pic from today's hunt, and then tomorrow's and so on...now this thread is going nowhere....say what you want, I'm outta this. Go gett'r done!!!

Originally Posted By: shawn@moOk this would be an easy fix, local coon hunts have cast the cast has judges why doesnt the competion take a judge that doesnt have a dog in the fight to verify each kill on each stand??

There were 500 teams in this hunt. Do you really believe they will get 500 volunteer judges to just ride along?

I doubt that you could get that many judges, but I bet the local high schools have that many kids that would do it for $40. Boy scouts, civilian marksmanship, the highschool football team, and so on.. interesting idea though. specifically a $40 donation to any organization that supplies teens to tag along and verify and report in kills. Then in the end you can't say someone cheated and the local area gets funds for their youth.. Let the protesters come in and try and take that away.

Require each team to bring another person to go on the other team to verify kill. They wouldnt lie that way to go against the team they came with.. lol just a suggestion if theres a will there a way I didnt really think about the amount of teams

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZI doubt that you could get that many judges, but I bet the local high schools have that many kids that would do it for $40. Boy scouts, civilian marksmanship, the highschool football team, and so on.. interesting idea though. specifically a $40 donation to any organization that supplies teens to tag along and verify and report in kills. Then in the end you can't say someone cheated and the local area gets funds for their youth.. Let the protesters come in and try and take that away.

yeah right. i can just imagine the liabilities with that. some goofy parent will claim his little boy heard a word he should not of. or little johnny saw one of the hunters peepee when he took a leak. or one of the hunters *touched* little sammy inappropriately. lord forbid one of the little fellas accidently gets hurt. people are just looking for a way to get rich with no work now days. i would refuse to have somebodies kid tag along with me. no way.

Why not just do a polygraph on anyone that's in the money? They already have one there so why would that be difficult? From what I've heard they're very accurate.

I've gotten by two polygraphs. Not related to hunting. You can read up on how to do it but you're still really nervous when you're guilty. I got lucky.

Originally Posted By: SHamptonI've gotten by two polygraphs. Not related to hunting. You can read up on how to do it but you're still really nervous when you're guilty. I got lucky. Me too. I was so relieved to hear Maury say "You are NOT the father!"....No not really. I've never done one.

I suppose it's possible to pass one even if you're guilty but for the most part I think it would be pretty accurate. They can tell if you're trying to calm down by slowing down your breathing and everything like that. They can basically tell if someone is trying to lie. From what I've seen anyways but that's just on tv so I don't know that for a fact.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SHamptonI've gotten by two polygraphs. Not related to hunting. You can read up on how to do it but you're still really nervous when you're guilty. I got lucky.

Do tell!!!! LOL

Back