Upland with a bow? What first bow?

I think that for shooting Birds like you were saying, you would be better off With a recurve. A quality made custom recurve is better than a mass produced bear compound anyday. Just saying.

Mark2

its up to you. there is soooooo much more that can go wrong with a compound and a lot more up keep. But its based on personal preference. I had a compound and love it, but sold it for some money

I think you guys are probably right. After more reading most small game hunters say they like the trad bows because it is easier to hit something that is moving. WIth the compound the target has to sit still.

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660I think you guys are probably right. After more reading most small game hunters say they like the trad bows because it is easier to hit something that is moving. WIth the compound the target has to sit still.

Well put. You don't see guys hitting asprin out of the air with compounds. But they do with traditional gear.

Originally Posted By: EasternPredHunterChris brackett does it with his compound .....again its personal preference

I stand corrected. Lol

Lol
smile.gif
The majority of the time, I'm a compound guy, but longbows/recurves definitely are viable hunting weapons when used within their capabilities.

I'm the same way. I like both types of bows for different types of hunting. Sitting in a blind or treestand, hunting open terrain, or just wanting to place arrows with extreme precision out to 60 yards the compound is great. But still hunting in woods or other thicker terrain where there could be no time for a rangefinder I like to have my longbow. I really like hunting wild pigs with my longbow and being in CA, tripleduece might have some pig hunting with his bow in the future.

Whatever your choice, bowhunting opens up alot more opportunities to go hunting.

Back