Upland with a bow? What first bow?

Had an e mail from tony when I woke up. Gave me a very detailed response and answered all my questions.

I JUST TOLD WHITE WOLF TO BEGIN WORK ON MY NEW BOW!

68" Long hunter with high country riser and black limbs. 40-45# at 31".

Base price is 329 plus 50 dollars for a custom order. No deposit needed to start work, just my address and phone number. Pay in full before it ships.

Thanks to everyone for all the help!

Just curious as to the wide range of poundage. Most bowyers I have dealt with have it set pretty much exact. Either way congrats on your order traditional gear is awesome

Mark2

That is just what I told him in the E-mail. He will probably write back if he wants or needs an exact number. If he can make it that precise I suppose it will be 42 or 43 pounds. I can't really decide due to lack of experience so anywhere between 40-45 is fine with me.

He should ask you how you plan on shooting it. Meaning. One finger above two below or apache style or release it will change the tillering

Mark

I asked him about that too, waiting for response. Again I don't know cuz I have no experience. one finger above and two below seems better to me and how I will start. Just seems I can keep an arrow more secure if I'm moving through brush while trying to get in position for a shot.

Nothing like waiting on a new bow that's being made for.
smile.gif

Mark2

This is my first bow of any kind. There used to be a longbow sitting around my house that I played with as a teenager. It was fairly powerful but dont' know what happened to it.

I looked at the compounds and they just seem too high tech, not to mention expensive. They seem good for big game but not so much for fast moving small game or arial archery. I imagine instinctive longbow shooting is just like a shotgun. Keep your eyes on the prize, point, and shoot. If you have to do a lot of aiming with sights the rabbit just ran away.

Most of all I just want to have some fun shooting targets and anotehr excuse to roam around the desert. If I actually wanted to kill something I would get out a gun!

Your at an advantage starting out shooting instinctive as opposed from crossing over. "become the arrow " is a must read for instinctive shooting. By Byron ferguson

Originally Posted By: EasternPredHunterI like shooting split finger. One on top of the arrow and two below.

Same here

Thanks for the tips on the books! Reading books took my shotgunning to the next level without a lot of cash to invest. You Tube is fantastic too I'm watching all teh videos I can.

I also asked him if he could install an adaptor in the riser to attach a bowfishing setup. I guess it just needs the same thing as the stabalizer adapter on other bows.

Check out this site.
http://www.inflightarchery.com/

Originally Posted By: Mark2Originally Posted By: EasternPredHunterI like shooting split finger. One on top of the arrow and two below.

Same here

I'm thinking it will be the same for me as that is how I have done it when I played with bows in the past. If he needs an answer for one or the other that is what I will tell him.

Back