WTSHTF what are you doing to prepare...tips,tactics,strategies

Originally Posted By: Bama_MikeI served 7.5 yrs as a Cavalry Scout in the 10th MTN DIV. I have three combat tours in Iraq and a couple purple hearts to go along with it. So I think my opinion might have some experience behind it.I know for a fact that if you are bragging about killin people with ease ( i'm not accusing anyone of this, just my opinion)that you will be the first one to burry your face in the sand and hide under your ruck. I don't care if their shootin first or not. I agree about sharin to much info, could possibly make you a target. However I do like this thread very much, hope it will help some of the ones who havent thought it through.

thumbup1.gif
Bama without giving too much away on OPSEC let's just say that I a very familiar with the 10th Mtn Div! I hear ya on the ones that brag about shooting someone being the first one to bury their heads in the sand...seen it first hand. Thanks for your support and your guy's input to keep this thing going.

Like I said, I am trying to keep things generic and general so that it will help out some other guys that don't know where to start.

Originally Posted By: Bama_Mike

When you say you can buy antibiotics, are you refering to a pill not just a topical cream correct? And if so...where?

As hillbilly as this may sound in a do or die situation antibiotics are antibiotics just each used for different infections. Injectable penicillin is available at farm stores, just not recommended for humans. Amoxicillin 250 mg. is also available in 100 ct. bottles. Not doctor recommended or prescribed but it's the same thing. I treat my own animals. lol

So when your local gangs are using the turmoil for immediate profit, payback or suring up territories my blasting one or two, to get what I need makes me a bad guy?

You clowns make me sick.

I'm gonna bail from this entire sight simply due to the stupidity ( not just of this thread).

I wouldn't band with you clowns. In fact I'd rather die alone.

Take it easy Nuke. A couple of the guys on this thread probably overstated their opinion but you probably overstated yours also. It's easy to be misunderstood when typing your thoughts on a forum. We all know you meant that you would shoot in the defense of yourself,your family and your country and not simply to "go shopping". It's all in how you say things. Nearly everyone gets slammed every now and then for their opinion including the moderators. Heck,if I dropped off the forum just because I was slammed for giving my opinion I woulda been gone a long time ago. Hmm,come to think of it,I was(the moderators know
blush.gif
).

Originally Posted By: nuketheyote243So when your local gangs are using the turmoil for immediate profit, payback or suring up territories my blasting one or two, to get what I need makes me a bad guy?

You clowns make me sick.

I'm gonna bail from this entire sight simply due to the stupidity ( not just of this thread).

So first of all... I haven't seen anyone mention a gang. Just family getting together and protecting their own.

Second- I'm pretty sure everyone is talking about what precautions their taking now to be self-sustaining, not what their going to do to make a profit.

third- If you need to immadately kill someone to get what you need, just proves you were to ignorant and lazy to prepare your own supplies.

Just sayin, thier might be one clown on this thread and it is deffinately you Nuke.

I wouldn't band with you clowns. In fact I'd rather die alone. (and you proberly will )

Sheeeeze blow a gasket why dont ya ! Im with BAMA-MIKE on this one ! No Gangs here...we dont do ride-bys ( WE STOP AND LEVEL THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD ) Sorta like NUKIN COYOTES !!! HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH RIGHT !!!

Originally Posted By: Bama_MikeI served 7.5 yrs as a Cavalry Scout in the 10th MTN DIV. I have three combat tours in Iraq and a couple purple hearts to go along with it. So I think my opinion might have some experience behind it.I know for a fact that if you are bragging about killin people with ease ( i'm not accusing anyone of this, just my opinion)that you will be the first one to burry your face in the sand and hide under your ruck. I don't care if their shootin first or not. I agree about sharin to much info, could possibly make you a target. However I do like this thread very much, hope it will help some of the ones who havent thought it through.

Very true post.

Thank you for your service.

Originally Posted By: nuketheyote243So when your local gangs are using the turmoil for immediate profit, payback or suring up territories my blasting one or two, to get what I need makes me a bad guy?

You clowns make me sick.

I dunno what lit the fuse on your tampon, but if you don't like it here that's cool. Plenty of places on the web to hang out.

You clowns make me sick.

Young angry souls who think they know it all, usually do die alone nuke. And, I don't recall anyone here asking you to band-up with them to begin with.

Layed back old country fellers on the other hand, don't generally tolerate being banded-up on, nor do they tolerate anyone suring up "their" territory, (whatever the [beeep] "suring-up" might be), and we didn't all get old by bein soft and stupid dude. Not to mention, we've all lived long enough to know that we don't know everything, and that our father did probably know more than us at your age.

You'd do well to say, "OK... Sorry guys! That's not exactly what I meant." And, go on about your business, but if you don't have that in you; don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out! As Stu stated above there are plenty of other places to hang out on the net.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishI think that most any where I might try to go is already going to have someone there who isn't going to be interested in having someone from the outside drop in on them & camp.

Come on down here boss,We'll find ya some room,
thumbup.gif

P.S. By the way,are you any good at hoeing the garden?
lol.gif

jinxed had a good post going about preparedness, but the train is starting to leave the tracks. I believe in being prepared and as self-sufficient as possible in a WTSHTF scenario. My family and friends will come first, but anyone who is willing to be a productive member of the group would be welcome to join me as we try to put our lives back together following a natural disaster or other SHTF scenario. Don't get me wrong, I will protect myself and my own from those who would try to take it, but I think for the most part that would be a small percentage of unscrupulous people who would try to take advantage of a bad situation. I think they will quickly move on to easier targets with a small show of force. Not talking Mad max/armageddon type scenarios but keeping it real with large scale natural or man made disaster type scenarios which I think would be far more likely. Part of what makes America great is that we Americans quickly band together to get the job done. In a bad situation, I'll gladly help out my fellow American who may not be as well prepared as I. I think part of preparedness is to plan a little extra for someone who may need your help. The only scenario I can think of that I may deviate from this would be a disease type thing where you may be a carrier of a disease that could kill me. Call me a fool if you want, but that's how I feel, not everyone who will come knocking at your door will be your enemy. Some will need your help and leadership.

Quote:I believe in being prepared and as self-sufficient as possible in a WTSHTF scenario. My family and friends will come first, but anyone who is willing to be a productive member of the group would be welcome to join me as we try to put our lives back together following a natural disaster or other SHTF scenario. Don't get me wrong, I will protect myself and my own from those who would try to take it, but I think for the most part that would be a small percentage of unscrupulous people who would try to take advantage of a bad situation.
While there are individuals that will try to go any disaster alone and some will succeed, this thread was initially about preparedness and it's just my point of view that part of being prepared is acknowledging where your personal short comings/weaknesses happen to be and pairing up with other like minded individuals that have assets and strengths that you lack...as long as you have something positive to bring to the group...

As said previously, in my old neighborhood (home town), our group consisted of a doctor, three teachers, grocery owner, carpenter, mechanical jack of all trades (also owned some heavy equipment), and service station owner/mechanic....All were capable of providing knowledge and skills in a variety of areas...most of which were life sustaining to a degree when put together..Just as important is the knowledge that at the drop of a hat, each would make themselves available for the good of the group...

The stockpiling of goods and supplies, while necessary in the short term, is mild in comparison to the results of a harmonious group effort toward a single goal... Survival in a potentially secure environment..

In the event of a disaster, whether natural or man made, there are three basic types of individuals that will be in existence,,,

A) those that strike out on their own or in a group to plunder what they need,
B) those that have a workable plan and basically isolate themselves individually or in a homogeneous group, and
C) those that stand around waiting for the government to 'save' them, but are too uneducated to fend for themselves in the most basic of areas..

Most of us would have no problem with a willingness to assist others that are 'known' quantities, but in a survival situation, unless that 'outsider' could be a serious asset, I would have to exercise some extreme caution in even allowing initial close contact..

I am prepared & will be self reliant. I plan to liquidate my liberal neighbors. Assume their possessions for the new economy, then quietly dispose of the garbage. Any questions.

T2G

Originally Posted By: Frontiersmanjinxed had a good post going about preparedness, but the train is starting to leave the tracks. I believe in being prepared and as self-sufficient as possible in a WTSHTF scenario. My family and friends will come first, but anyone who is willing to be a productive member of the group would be welcome to join me as we try to put our lives back together following a natural disaster or other SHTF scenario. Don't get me wrong, I will protect myself and my own from those who would try to take it, but I think for the most part that would be a small percentage of unscrupulous people who would try to take advantage of a bad situation. I think they will quickly move on to easier targets with a small show of force. Not talking Mad max/armageddon type scenarios but keeping it real with large scale natural or man made disaster type scenarios which I think would be far more likely. Part of what makes America great is that we Americans quickly band together to get the job done. In a bad situation, I'll gladly help out my fellow American who may not be as well prepared as I. I think part of preparedness is to plan a little extra for someone who may need your help. The only scenario I can think of that I may deviate from this would be a disease type thing where you may be a carrier of a disease that could kill me. Call me a fool if you want, but that's how I feel, not everyone who will come knocking at your door will be your enemy. Some will need your help and leadership.

1. Greed is what built and runs this country. It doesn't matter that you have all YOU need, if your neighbor has more, you NEED more than he does. Take his stuff.

2. Look at the natural disasters in the past few years. Looting, raping, robbery. Same goes for unpopular court decisions (Rodney King). Many, many people are looking for opportunities to get something that doesn't belong to them. No ethics, morals, just easy stuff - and since everyone else is doing it, it's ok. Gang mentality. I see it a lot.

3. Helping out is only ok if the people you are helping have the same mindset as you do. As ignorant as it may be.

4. If someone comes knocking at your door, ask them to identify themselves. If they have an accent, especially Mexican, shoot them.

5. Above all, pull your kids out of public school now! Teach them to shoot, skin, gut, chew, and spit. Helping anyone except your "own kind" is a travesty.

Been here a while. Good luck.

By the way, I can spit with the best of them. Shoot too. They keep me around to have a common enemy. Justifies their posts somehow. Once again, let the assualt begin.

Originally Posted By: jeffoOriginally Posted By: Frontiersmanjinxed had a good post going about preparedness, but the train is starting to leave the tracks. I believe in being prepared and as self-sufficient as possible in a WTSHTF scenario. My family and friends will come first, but anyone who is willing to be a productive member of the group would be welcome to join me as we try to put our lives back together following a natural disaster or other SHTF scenario. Don't get me wrong, I will protect myself and my own from those who would try to take it, but I think for the most part that would be a small percentage of unscrupulous people who would try to take advantage of a bad situation. I think they will quickly move on to easier targets with a small show of force. Not talking Mad max/armageddon type scenarios but keeping it real with large scale natural or man made disaster type scenarios which I think would be far more likely. Part of what makes America great is that we Americans quickly band together to get the job done. In a bad situation, I'll gladly help out my fellow American who may not be as well prepared as I. I think part of preparedness is to plan a little extra for someone who may need your help. The only scenario I can think of that I may deviate from this would be a disease type thing where you may be a carrier of a disease that could kill me. Call me a fool if you want, but that's how I feel, not everyone who will come knocking at your door will be your enemy. Some will need your help and leadership.

1. Greed is what built and runs this country. It doesn't matter that you have all YOU need, if your neighbor has more, you NEED more than he does. Take his stuff.

2. Look at the natural disasters in the past few years. Looting, raping, robbery. Same goes for unpopular court decisions (Rodney King). Many, many people are looking for opportunities to get something that doesn't belong to them. No ethics, morals, just easy stuff - and since everyone else is doing it, it's ok. Gang mentality. I see it a lot.

3. Helping out is only ok if the people you are helping have the same mindset as you do. As ignorant as it may be.

4. If someone comes knocking at your door, ask them to identify themselves. If they have an accent, especially Mexican, shoot them.

5. Above all, pull your kids out of public school now! Teach them to shoot, skin, gut, chew, and spit. Helping anyone except your "own kind" is a travesty.

Been here a while. Good luck.

By the way, I can spit with the best of them. Shoot too. They keep me around to have a common enemy. Justifies their posts somehow. Once again, let the assualt begin.

green-kool-aid.jpg

I'll play Jeffo-

Or you can vote with the teachers unions and have the Democrats take it for you.

Most always perpetrated by government schooled Democrat voters.

They are the ones who appreciate it. The rest think you owe it to them. See 1&2.

Ask them first for their immigration papers. If they don't have any, then shoot them. This will reduce the number of Democrat voters also.

What fool would have their kids in there to begin with? They will be indoctrinated on wealth distribution, open borders, how to riot (community organizing)and most of all to ALWAYS vote Democrat.

Back