What's your broadhead of choice?

100 grain 2 Blade Rage!!!

I used the Muxxy 100 grain for 3+ years and now that i have tried the rage i am now sold on the "RAGE"

Antelope Doe i shot/harvested last year was through the mesh on my Double Bull blind with no problems and she made it 30 yards and expired.

Muxxy = Fred E and he is a Freakin TOOL!!!
Wont buy another Muxxy broadhead as long as i live and i do have some for sale if anyone is interested!

Montec G5 100grain. I have found they fly like field points up to fifty+ yrds. I think i would like to try magnus 2blades this year. we will see.

Nother vote for Slick Tricks!! Never had a broadhead hit the same exact impoint as field tips before I found these! Wicked bloodtrails too.....

GrizzlyStik 315gn Ashby- for larger big game

GrizzlyStik 200gn Maasai- for deer sized stuff.

It might help to mention I'm a traditional shooter.

Well, I'm embarrased; on my old PSE Compound (early 80's) I shot Spitfire 125's. I shot those on my Crossbow too. Always killed em dead.

On my Z7 Extreme I'm shooting Rage 2 blades. I have not killed with it yet, but the practice broadhead (doesn't deploy) they include in the package flys exactly like my field tips, maybe even better!

If it would quit raining I could finish hanging my stands!

Muzzy 100gr 3 blade no room for error with a fixed blade. Been thinking about trying slick ticks but keep talking myself out of it

I was skimming through this thread & was surprised to see my response FROM TWO YEARS AGO
scared.gif
(wow someone did some digging)

I'm still shooting Slick Tricks & like them more & more. I've never seen a broadhead produce bloodshot under the hide like you see with a rifle, but these do. I've killed 9 deer now with them (ST's) now & have yet to have one go over 60 yards. They do as good as expected around bone & fly just like my feild tips. What's not to like!

How many broadheads will do this:

Arrow entered between shoulders, hit the spine & ALMOST made it lenthways through the ham.
You can still see the arrow in the deer (Head barely poking out in last pic)

103_1063.jpg

103_1064.jpg

103_1062.jpg

I have preformed several tests on broadheads this summer. Shooting from 10 yds at a 3/4" plywood all shot from my hoyt katera shooting 304 fps all broad heads were 100grns. The thunderhead fixed blade shattered on impact, the muzzy penetrated threw with 3" of arrow sticking threw, moved onto NAP 3 blade broadhead was stuck halfway threw, shot my favorite Shuttle T-lock pen. all the way threw with 8" of arrow sticking threw, then whent to mechanicals. Shot the rage 2 blade pen. all the way threw and shredded my flechings off, shot the shwacker blades cracked after pen. threw 2 inches sticking threw. So for a fixed blade def the shuttle T-lock, for mechanicals the rage 2 blade. Thats my 2cents on this discussion.

Originally Posted By: Mark2Were you in an elevated stand if so what distance was it. That's a weird travel route

Yep. I was 22 ft high, she was ~20 yards. She don't look big in the pic but she was an old smart heffer that had busted me 2 times in a row o0n prior hunts. When I shot she was facing me with head up stomping (about to go). It was weird angle of travel. I guess it ran down the spine a bit changing the angle. Either way... she didn't like it. I was very surprised when I seen it started out the back... I shoot a 30.5" arrow by the way & you can't see the knock... That's a lot of penetration considering it broke her spine

Just killed a nice fat doe tonight using the Slick Trick Grizz Trick. Drilled her at 20 yards at an extreme angle, knocked out one lung, clipped the top portion of her heart and smashed her far shoulder. Needless to say she piled up at maybe 40 yards from me. Oh and lots of blood. Im impressed! Broad head stayed intact which is important for me, I dont care to dig around for a razor blade inside a deer.

Whacked deer #2 yesterday evening using the Slick Trick Grizz Trick. Nice 8 pointer with 18 1/2 inch inside spread. Prolly 200lb. on the hoof. Shot him at 35 yards, hit him in right shoulder at an angle and took out a lung, not sure on further damage because I was in a hurry, and he didnt go 30 yards before giving up the ghost. REALLY starting to like the Slick Tricks!

Back