What's your broadhead of choice?

I'm going to go to montecs this year
i was shooting crimson talons and they worked well massive blood trails but broke easy.
Moseley shot a antelope and a elk with his montec and with a little sharpening he can use it again this year.
he shot right threw the round leg bone on his elk and into its heart that's a strong broad head.
i hunt elk and will not use a expandable I've seen them fail on big bulls

Been using the steelforce 100 gr sabertooths for the last 4-5 years. Very tough head. Penetrate better than other heads I've used and shoot and tune easily. Only complaint is they are a bit tough to keep sharp. Going to switch back to a replaceable blade type head this year. I've killed a dozen or so elk with wasp hammer sst, so probably back to them.

"Montec" G5's, "Striker" G5's, and "Blackout's" by Redhead!

All three blade heads... work fine on deer using my crossbow. I'd want a wider cutting blade for bigger animals.

Nikonut

85 grain thunderheads.
killed many for me.
a few strokes on a dimond stone and good as new. never replased a blade(unless i lost the whole dang head)

My G5 montecs shoot just like my field points. And it is a really solid broad head. My brother shot the leg on a 3d target and hit the rebar and all it did was flatten the tip ever so slightly. The broad head was pushed into the arrow 1 inch. Look out elk shoulders!

Back