What was your First Gun?

My first (toy) gun was a break-open double barrel compressed-air Cork-shotgun. It shot "dried dirt chunks" good as well(I lost the two corks).

Then I got a Crossman .22 cal pellet rifle(Very powerfull, over 900fps).

i had a remington 700 270 before i was born. my dad bought it and put it up for me. the first gun i ever bought with my own money was a ruger 10/22 when i was 7 or 8.

mine was a 410 when i was 9 i got it for christmas 1st thing i shot with it was a rabbit still dont remember how i hit it,, it had 2 be luck

My first gun was an Ithaca 20 guage pump shotgun. I think I was around 12-13 when I got it. My arms weren't long enough to pump it!

My first gun,

I bought from my lawn mowing money,It is a winchester pump 22 rifle. I was 10 at the time in 1965 and you dident have to have daddy buy it for you, you could by the gun (Rifle) at 10 years old, but could not by the ammo till you were 21 years old. I paid around $40.00 for it and still have it today...........was bought at a gun shop on Coral Way in Miami,Fla

Dad was ok with-it,a little surprised....... Mom was [beeep]....dident like guns in the house........and was unaware I saved up that much money at 2-3 dollars per-lawn,during the weekends and after school.....Learned alot from trail and error with it,had to go shooting with dad though,he bought the shell's........

My dad's alive and is 93 years old, God Bless........

My first rifle was a Lakefield Model 64b 22LR autoloader for my 13th birthday, they bought me a brick of 500 shells, well i went through that brick in one day hahaha. Learned to shoot with that gun, in fact i still have that gun although the stock is taped with electrical tape, cracked in 2 places, the entire gun has been spraypainted olive green and wears original iron sights. I dont use it anymore but once i get a scope on it i am going to polish it up and start over again!

After the BB-gun I used my father's guns for a few years (our gun control laws being what they are...) but at 16 I got an old m/96 6,5x55mm army rifle and a Tikka m/70 combination rifle/shotgun, .222 rem/12.

Back then I spent most of my time rifle hunting our big forest grouses, capercaillie and black grouse. With a barking bird dog in fall and on skis without a dog in winter. Both those guns were used a lot for that, loaded with FMJ:s.

12 gauge Remington 1100 (Browning pat) it was old when I got it 38-39 years ago from a old friend of my Grandmothers that gave it to me. I was pretty proud of it, and thought I was pretty cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif since all my buddies had single shot 20 ga.

Looking back, It was so big for me, that I couldn't hit barn standing inside, but that baby was mine, all mine..

Still have it..

ive got you all beat lol....for my first christmas my dad bought me a remington 1100 28 gauge i was 4 months at the time and i wish i could find a picture of it in the crib with me....def one of my favorite guns to shoot...if you ever get a chance to shoot a 28 do so...you wont be dissapointed

My first gun was a daisy red rider but since this is bout "real" rifles,, a win model 52.
Old when i got it but still my first and fav. shot countless bricks of 22 shells thru it. Its a single shot so i had to hit with that first shot or my friends with there repeters would get it, i got so i didnt miss, lol. Still have it, and wouldnt trade it. It still gets took out anytime i go shoot my rimfires.

My first gun was an old Remington Fieldmaster pump .22LR. Sorry, I don't remember the model#, but I do know it was made in the mid-1950s.
My dad had bought it new, & then gave it to me when I was old enough to use it responibly.
Even though it only had open sight, it was amazingly accurate.
I lost count of the # of rabbits/squirrels I took with that old gun.
I can honestly say that no matter the target/animal I shot @, it is the only gun I NEVER missed with. (all shots were 100 yds. or less)
I wish I could say that I still owned it, but a thief decided he wanted it, back in '91.

Back