What was your First Gun?

Well, my very first gun was a sparrow-killing Daisy BB gun. When I was 10, I had a 16 ga. Mossberg bolt-action that had the barrel and stock shortened to fit me. The only problem was that I would get powder burns on my forehead whenever I shot it. I mowed lawns and launched boats until I had the $75 to buy an old used Rem. 870 2 3/4 inch with a 30 inch barrel, full choke. Took an awful lot of rabbits and ducks with it. I even killed my first two fox with that old gun. I've acquired a pile of guns since then but I still have the trusty old 870! Ray

Hi My First Gun Was A 94 Winchester 30-30
I Won When I Was Forteen In A Biggest Deer
Pool. The Buck Was A 11pt&236lbs. And It Was
My First Deer And Still My Biggest Deer I
Have Shot. Thanks.

Thanks Steve&The Thorn
Mt Hounds.

My first gun was a Ruger 10/22...sounds like this was the first guns for a bunch of you guys. My mother gave me this gun when I was I was about 10 or so and I am 21 now. Love that gun...killed many o rabbits
smile.gif

My first gun was my Marlin model 60sb... i got it when I was 13 and now im 16 and still use it more than any gun! Thats the first gun i ever received.. the first gun i ever bought was a NEF 20 guage! and then a 28 guage replacable barrel....and then recently bought a Savage 25-06! thast my new best friend for deer and groundhogs!! might use it for a turkey... that wouldnt be very pretty! lol!!! NEXT WEEK IS THE FIRST DAY OF TUREKEY SEASON!! YEAH!!! HOPING TO BAG MY FIRST ONE!!!

my first real gun was a 1968 remington semi-auto 22lr, that my dad got in 1968, it looked bran-new when i got it (i was 10) and it still does and i am now 15.

I'm with Red Tadpole and RanUtah. .410 single shot that my dad gave me at 8yo to keep the crows out of the corn fields. Shot so many I thought I was some hot dude until family reunion. My granpa got tired of hearing how good I was and let me take a shot with his goose gun, 10ga. I thought I was dead! I was lying about 3 feet from where I pulled the trigger with a bloody nose and fat lip. Sure did cure my big mouth (for a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

Savage 20 gauge single shot. First thing shot with it was a dove. I beat the heck out it. Poor gun never saw a case. Two years ago I refinished the barrel and stock so it would look brand new for my boy. Problem is, he is only 4 1/2!!! But it will be pristine on his first hunt!

My first gun was A Marlin Model 60 semi auto .22lr. Bought it with my first paycheck at the age of 16, and still kill squirrel and rabbits with it today. It has always been my favorite hunting rifle.

Bought my oldest son a Rossi combo gun with interchangable barrels a .22lr and a .410

Before my first BB gun, I had collected a massive arsenal of plastic asault rifles. I stalked and annialiated the neighbor's cats countless times before I got a real gun. It was a ruger 10/22 with a black folding stock. At age 7 I thought it was the coolest gun in the world. My parents took it away shortly afterwards because the neighbors were complaining about thier missing cats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I got the gun back when I turned 12, a few years older and a few years wiser.
rojo

Originally posted by rojo vapor:
[qb]My parents took it away shortly afterwards because the neighbors were complaining about thier missing cats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif [/qb]
Ha ha ha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I got a 22 when i was 4 but we wont count that, I got a brand new Winchester Model 70 Classic Featherweight in 7x57 and i five years ive shot 3 whitetails, one scoring 160" two 6 point bull elk, and two nice four point mulies, along with assorted small critters (coyotes, gophers ect.) It came with a 4x bushenell scope but i soon replaced to with a Leupold 3-9x40mm scope

ScottFisher

Mine was a Ruger 10/22, and my kids are using it after a few thousand mag's I had to go and buy over the years, its been a good little shooter, kids love it.

My first gun was actually two. I worked all summer long in the hayfield for my Grandfather. He gave me $300.00. I went out and bought an Ithica model 66 super single 20 gauge, and a Mossberg model 340BD 22lr. I put a Weaver 3 to 9 scope on the Mossberg.

DA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I never had a first gun. I got about three at the same time. Its my favorite story to tell. When preparing for my first deer hunt my dad and i went out and zeroed his rifles. He has to this day a cannon of a sporterized enfield, and i had his remington 30-06. After shooting a box of shells and on the ride home he told me that could just be my gun. Since then my little brother has hit the hunting age and i had to give up the old pump gun. Luckily for me, for my 18th birthday my parents bought me a brand new 7600, which i will never get rid of. Since that day i have slowly added to my collection. My grandad gave me a Browning A-5 as inheritance, he wanted to see me enjoy it before he passes on. Unfortunately, i don't shoot it, it is in mint condition with a serial number of sub 1020 and above 1000. I then bought me a benneli nova for a shot gun. Just recently i bought an SKS and put a draganuv stock, bipod, and scope on it and retired my 06 as a varmiter. Next on my list is a Bushmaster varmiter, so my little brother can shoot my sks when calling song dogs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got my first gun at 5. It was a Savage 340 22lr. It is a full size gun and a little too heavy for a 5 year old to off hand shoot. That is a good thing because it has instilled a natural impulse to find a rest during all shooting situations. It was a 7 shot clip but I didn't get a clip until I was 8. I had to shoot 5 shots into a 2" circle at 25 yards before I could have the clip. I also could only use open sights until I could put those same 5 shots into a 1" circle at 25 yards. It now wears an old JC Higgins 4x senior riflman scope on it and has accounted for more squirrels, rabbits, and coons than I can count. I also shot my first red fox with it. I think that more is involved than simply getting the first gun. Teaching this kind of firearm handling at an early age is what leads to very good shots in the long run.

My first rifle was a Remington Modell 788 in .308 Win with a Simmons 4-12X40mm when I was 12. I've since given it to my mother to use on elk and moose.

Back