What was your First Gun?

My first gun was a 12 ga stevens shotgun when i was 8 years old my dad got me for christmas.my first rifle was a ruger 10/22 when i was 10 years old i bought from a friend for 25$, he gave me a bargain and i didnt even realize it at the time.

MY FIRST GUN WAS A 12 GUAGE MOSSBERG NEW HAVEN SHOT GUN, MY FATHER DIDN'T HUNT SO THERE WERE NO HAND ME DOWNS! SO WHEN I TURNED 14 MY FATHER WAS SITTING AT THE KITCHEN TABLE READING THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, AND I SAID DAD WILL YOU DRIVE ME OVER TO CALDORS (LIKE WAL MART) I HAD SAVED UP THE MONEY DOING ODD JOBS, HE SAID WHAT FOR AND I SAID I NEEDED HIM TO SIGN THE FORM FOR A SHOTGUN HE READILY AGREED AND OFF WE WENT I NEW WHICH ONE I WANTED I'D BEEN STARING AT IT OVER THE COUNTER FOR YEARS AS I DID MY BUISNESS WITH THE CLERK WITH MY FATHERS NOSE STILL BURIED IN THE PAPER HE BOXED THE GUN UP[ AND ASKED MY FATHER TO SIGN HE DID AND THE DEAL WAS DONE, YOU MIGHT THINK ON THE WAY HOME THERE WOULD BE ONE OF THOSE CONVERSATIONS LIKE BE CAREFUL ETC THERE WAS NOTHING NO RESTRICTIONS NOTHING JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME AND BOY DID I AFTER 7 DUMP TRUCK LOADS OF SQUIRELLS AND RABBITS IT STILL LOOKS BRAND NEW AND THAT WAS IN 1978 HOPEFULLY SOME DAY I'LL HAND IT DOWN TO MY SON!!!!!!! CITYBOY

My first gun was a Revalation single shot .410 shotgun. It was my grandpa's and he gave it to dad when he was a kid and now I have it.

Mine was a Harrington and Richardson .410 in full choke. I couldn't hit a dove with it to save my life. But my father did one thing I appreciate and I haven't forgotten. For my first shot he had me shoot a Coke can at point blank range. Of course it was obliterated. I still remember that and I will use the same method when my children are old enough for a gun.

My first and only gun is a ruger mkII in .243 caliber. I bought it when i was 16. I am 18 now. I bought a larger caliber so i could deer hunt and coyote hunt, so far all i like to do is shoot coyotes!

My very first gun was a crappy old air rifle i got from my grandpa at about 7 yo. It had no power and could hardly hit the side of a shed but i did get a few sparrows with it. For my 12th b-day my dad gave me his old brno .22 which is still very accurate after 20yrs+ and has taken the lives of many rabbits foxes roos the odd crow and other things. it is my main rifle.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mine was, and still is, a Ruger 10/22.

I bought it the day I turned 18. My parents are anti-gun and would never allow a weapon in the house. I had to hide it under my bed until I joined the Navy. Then it stayed with a friend until I got out in 1989.

It's still in my safe today! I'll never sell it, it will be my son's first as well.

Steve

My first was a Springfield Single-shot bolt action. Still one of the most acurate and consistant guns I own. But how many of you like me started out with a Red Rider BB gun?

mine was a 12 gauge single shot AND THIS WAS WHEN I WAS FOUR it kicks like a mule i shot it once when i was four and left it alone till i was 6

him my first gun..... was a sears and robuck 20 gauge bolt action that my grampa shot many a deer with then passed it on to my dad he shot his first with it then got a 30-30 gave it to me when i passed hunter ed i shot my first deer with it then i got my .270 i still have that gun i plan on pasing it on to my first litle hunter for his first deer then ill buy him a new one

My very first gun was my .22-250 savage 11g. I bought it in september. I have never really thought much about guns. I hunt pretty much everything with a bow. I always got more satisfaction conecting with a squirrel or rabbit with my selfbow than a gun. I started a bow when I was 5 years old. I do however like the savage.

I got my first when i was 13. Its a 7x57 or 7mm mouser. Ya this isn't Idaho Buck. This is his daughter 15 year old daughter Tayler. I got my gun from my dad and i for my first kill i shot a nice little 4 point buck. And thats about it.

My first gun i got for christmas when i was 9. it was new england firearms youth model 20 guage with full choke. from back befor marlen (sp) bought NEF. that gun has killed more squirells and rabbits than you could count!!!

Mine was an H&R single sho 20 ga. Bought it with money saved from my paper route, had to get my budys dad to sign for it, as you haad to have a gun permit to buy one in NJ even back then. My dad did not hunt, but reluctantly agreed to let me go ahead with it after I got my safety card. Gave the whopping sum of $30 for it, a lot of money to me back then. That was around 1969. My second gun is probably even more memorable, my dad had a good friend who knew how I loved to hunt, and called me over one day and pulled an old full choked JC Higgins 12 ga. pump gun, built on the Model 12 pattern. To my amazement he gave it to me, and said "here, I figured you might find a use for this". His name was Bill Ritter, and he was a fine man. I have killed a mountain of ducks, squirrels, grouse, turkeys, everything with it. Just recently I had it re-blued, as I had worn the bluing almost completely off of it carrying it. One day I may meet a young pup who was like I was back then, and he might get a nice surprise.

hey
My first gun was a Rem. 870 Express Magnum with a 28" barrel and adustable choke. I have had it for 4 years since i was 13. I bought it with fair and christmas money. I have shot 2 turkeys,2 deer- one at full speed,1 crow and tons of squirrels.
I got an extra full turkey choke and clip on turkey sights.
AMfoxhunter.

Ahh, back in the day lol, well my mom was not a hunter and being a single parent she didn't know much about guns, so I got to pick my first gun, I found a model 94AE win. 30/30 at a small store and the guy gave me what we thought was a good deal, 165. it had iron sights, and a small leather sling. until I was 16 that gun put a lot of meat on the table, the last two years I used it it had grown a 4x scope, but it now sits in the safe with others that have come to mean so much to me, the guns I have bought for myself since get used, and some get used hard, but the ones that were gifts from my mom stay clean and safe locked away in both the cabinet and in my heart.

Back