Shocker! Judge orders trial on eligibility issue

Originally Posted By: Evil_Lurker No, but there's also no proof that he was. So when he produces the COLB and the court accepts it then will you be happy?

Originally Posted By: Rim_RunnerOriginally Posted By: Evil_Lurker No, but there's also no proof that he was. So when he produces the COLB and the court accepts it then will you be happy?

Broken record.

Sorry Rimmy, but I believe you are wrong. If Obama is not a natural born citizen he is subject to a lawsuit, possibly a class action suit, which could have a consequence of a federal judge removing him from office. I won't hold my breath for that to happen.

Quote: So when he produces the COLB and the court accepts it then will you be happy?

An actual long-form birth certificate, signed by the doctor doing the delivery and listing all the data? The one he could have produced by sending in $10 and a request anytime over the past year? Verified by a court of law?

Yeah, that would do it. He would still have the matter of his Indonesian citizenship to clear up, but it would be a start.

I'd like to see the paperwork used to change his name back rom Barry Soetoro to Barack Obama, too. He was legally adopted at one time, as you may know.

And a COLB is a certificate of live birth, not a JPG of a certification, which is not a legal document.

Originally Posted By: Evil_Lurker Quote: So when he produces the COLB and the court accepts it then will you be happy?

An actual long-form birth certificate, signed by the doctor doing the delivery and listing all the data? The one he could have produced by sending in $10 and a request anytime over the past year? Verified by a court of law?

Yeah, that would do it. He would still have the matter of his Indonesian citizenship to clear up, but it would be a start.

I'd like to see the paperwork used to change his name back rom Barry Soetoro to Barack Obama, too. He was legally adopted at one time, as you may know.

And a COLB is a certificate of live birth, not a JPG of a certification, which is not a legal document.

Bingo! Lurker hits the X ring...again.

At this point it is utterly absurd that Obama has failed to reveal his HI long form birth certificate from 1961. In my mind, either he is an utter weirdo freak for concealing it so long and for no possible gain and by so concealing it allowing the "birther" movement to arise, OR, most likely, IMO, he's trying to conceal something embarrassing--and that could be anything from him being a Kenyan to his father not being Obama, Sr...who knows what that freakshow mother of his was up to!?

Originally Posted By: Evil_Lurker

all they got !!!!

at least showing him born here , otherwise they would have shown it a longggggggg time ago .

This could all be cleared up in an instant if BO would produce the proper documentation. I know something must be wrong, because this would be a perfect opportunity to provide conservatives with a forced feeding on humble pie. Liberals NEVER miss this kind of opprtunity. That tells me something is wrong. It's also a great way for BO to gain instant credibility for a few dollars, while tarnishing the credibility of all his accusers- all at the same time.

I really am curious to see where this goes. I mean, if impersonating a police officer carries a stiff penalty, what would a sham of that magnitude warrant? Life in prison?

My guess is he would be pardoned by the person who becomes president- unless that person is put in office by way of special election.

Originally Posted By: Evil_Lurker Yeah, that would do it. He would still have the matter of his Indonesian citizenship to clear up, but it would be a start.

and you have proof he was adopted and changed his name?

Originally Posted By: Rim_RunnerOriginally Posted By: Evil_Lurker Yeah, that would do it. He would still have the matter of his Indonesian citizenship to clear up, but it would be a start.

and you have proof he was adopted and changed his name?

"and you have proof he was adopted and changed his name?"

Of course it came out of his own mouth, but I guess that is a lot less than proof. Thats really grasping straws.

Last edited:
He registered in school in Malaysia as Barry Soetoro, religion Muslim.

AP link

I believe paperwork is required to legally change your name following an adoption and divorce, even if it's back to your birth name.

Originally Posted By: Evil_LurkerHe registered in school in Malaysia as Barry Soetoro, religion Muslim.

AP link

I believe paperwork is required to legally change your name following an adoption and divorce, even if it's back to your birth name.

Yet, when Obama registered as an attorney in 1991, under the name Barack Obama, he stated he did not have any former names.

Curious.

PS: In the 1960's, all Indonesian students were required to carry government-issued identity cards--"Karty Tanda Pendudaks"--which needed to bear the student's legal name, which should be matched in school registration filings.

So, parents could not just give any old name for the kid to the school, first they had to prove the kid's identity to the government to get such a card and then show that when registering the child in the school.

But I'm sure Lurker is just a crazy 'Birther"...this all doesn't prove anything...never mind the man behind the curtain, everything is fine and Obama isn't a Marxist, lying fraud, nah...all just a figment of my loony right-wing brain...

Quote:But I'm sure Lurker is just a crazy 'Birther"...

Probably. I've never stated that he wasn't born in Hawaii, as I don't think it is the defining factor in his ineligibility. If his actual biological father is Barack Obama Sr. he would not be a natural born citizen, and it wouldn't matter where he was born.

At one time in his life, he was legally Barry Soetoro, and as far as anything he's shown so far, he probably still is.

But he's got a lot of top-notch lawyers on call, so the truth probably won't be discovered in the near future.

With all the twisting and spinning here how do you guys keep your balance? You contend that a COLB that has been stamped and certified by the state of Hawaii falls short of Proof. Add too this the birth announcements and the confirmation from the state and still some of you balk at the Hawaii birth. Yet you place such an enormous weight on the name entered on a school registration form. If this were to be your only evidence in a court case the judge would laugh you out of court. Both an adoption and a name change would be in the public record. You have any proof of that? The second problem is that even if this wildly speculative claim is true it has no effect on Obama’s status as natural born US citizen. For it to have any bearing on Obama’s eligibility he would have to have legally renounced his citizenship. That’s a difficult thing for a minor to do and can’t be done by his parents, yet no one has produced any evidence that he renounced his citizenship.

Quote:probably. I've never stated that he wasn't born in Hawaii, as I don't think it is the defining factor in his ineligibility. If his actual biological father is Barack Obama Sr. he would not be a natural born citizen, and it wouldn't matter where he was born. According to some people’s interpretation of the writings of a little known Swiss philosopher. However this is contrary to English Common Law. So you might try to argue that Vattel had more influence over the framers of the constitution than English Common Law, I doubt that any court is going to by that one.

Quote:...yet no one has produced any evidence that he renounced his citizenship.

And he has produced no proof that he ever was a citizen.
And that's where we stand.

Some interesting developments lately, though.

Originally Posted By: Evil_Lurker And he has produced no proof that he ever was a citizen.
The COLB is all that is needed.

Quote:Some interesting developments lately, though.
What is it that you see that makes this case so different? They haven't addressed standing yet and they have to deal with the request to dismiss before they will consider discovery.

Originally Posted By: Rim_Runner
Evil_Lurker said:
And he has produced no proof that he ever was a citizen.
The COLB is all that is needed.

RR, do you really think that if you keep saying that , that someone will eventually think it's true? No one knows much about this guy and he hasn't even 'proved' that every thing he says about his Birth Certificate, his college records, his Indonesian adoption, his passport records, travel to Pakistan when it was illegal to do so as an American citizen, etc ad nausem. What do you think his problem is?

]

Last edited:
Back