Ohio

Hay Rudy , I was wondering what happen with the club deal ,it seamed as it was already dead before it got started? I was just waiting for some one to call for a time and place to meet! Still like to meet you boys and see something get off the ground ! LOL ,J.Mac

Blackfish,

It sorta fell through, less and less communication was coming in and interest seemed to be dwindling. There is about 3 of us who are getting to know each other better and better from the ordeal so I'm really pleased with that.

Get ahold of Rudy or me in a PM or Email (Mine is Menolithoro@gmail.com)

I'm positive the lil "gang" we got goin would be glad to meet and get you into the fun.

Awwwwwww.........for the love a pete- Doesnt anyone live down in the better half of the state? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A roofer hanging on by a thread. Sounds dangerous, but heck, your a dangerous guy, right?

Glen, we need to get to the other side of the 'Hollow and scope it out. Mr. Tom and I found some good places. Grab your rifle and lets go, boy!

Rudy

Yotenaylor, how's that county for hunting? I heard there's lots of tourists and bunnyhuggers around there in the summer. I know the habitat is right for critters, for sure! Beautiful part of the state!

Rudy

Hi Rudy;
I have been pretty busy with IHMSA, shooting indoors with the little blow guns and now our outdoor season is about to go into full swing.
Are you a member of any of the local gun clubs? I belong to Zeppelin, North Lawrence, and Chippewa and McKinley gun clubs.
Chuck

Depending on a couple factors, predator hunting can be stupidly easy, or incredibly impossible. Seems like ALL of the guys in the Natural Resources programs from Hocking College are given a cassette player complete with "vittles ala Jackrabbit" upon admittance into the school, and every damn one of them was a "pro" at something before giving it up to go to school. Lots of call shy yotes to say the least.
The tree hugger factor usually cowers when it meets up with the redneck factor, Seems its easier to protest stuff in the big cities where they can remain anonymous.
The tourists are managable, I know lots of folks who make livings off there visits here, so I guess its all good.
Only bad thing is that since its so pretty here, folks want to move in and get their piece. Pretty soon it wont be so pretty.
Other than that, life is good, the sun came up this morning, and the grass is green, right?

I live and hunt in Harrison County. Deer, Turkey and coyote numbers are about as good as you will find. You can sit along US250 thanksgiving weekend and watch the campers, trucks etc. as the Invasion from up North takes place. Most of those fellas are pretty good guys. There is the occasional one who leases 25 acres and hunts 200 acres, but there are bad apples in all walks of life. Good luck to you other Buckeye hunters.

Not to steal any thunder- but you guys aint seen nothing til youve witnessed the nelsonville deer hunter traffic jam that takes place just after thanksgiving.

Im hopin that since the bybass is open now, those boys wont feel like Logan is deep enough "in Country" and head a little further south just in case.
Either way, I guess we should feel lucky were close enough to good hunting that we dont have a need to roam, right?

You got that right bud! Filled all my tags with the bow for 6 years in a row, from the same ground blind.

Hard to beat this part of the state for deer!

Rudy

Quote:
I'm about 5 miles west of Cadiz, rt 22, midway from Cadiz and Piedmont.

Rudy: Akron is not 5miles west of Cadiz! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I grew up in Harrison County on a farm out side of Conotton.(that's between Bowerston & Scio) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
After Thanksgiving I use to go deerhunter hunting on the farm. I duct taped two 30rd clips together for my SKS. When I would find a deerhunter, aka trespasser, I'd rip about 10 rds over there heads & yell "I got 50 more were those came from!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
No, I never did that, but mad enough too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif In fact I still have the clips. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Hey Goober, that's where we hunt! LOL!

Where you been buddy? We though you got stolen by gypsies or something!

We caught some idiots standing under one of our No Tresspassing signs talking about putting up treestands and stuff. I stepped back into the woods a bit and emptied my .357 into a stump and started yelling like a crazy man. My partner started howling and making monkey sounds. Three guys left in a hurry on two 4-wheelers, and left the fourth guy standing there shi#$&^%&ing his pants. He finally ran after them. We thought we were going to die laughing. My old man taught me to respect other peoples property, and I don't have much patience with those who don't. Stay in touch, and maybe we can get out when crow season opens back up. I got the ole' Mossberg cleaned up and oiled......

Rudy

The old Mossberg is cleaned up & oiled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thats what I like about my 870. If I would clean it,, it prolly wouldn't work right!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif Or at least it wouldn't fit me anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back