ohio coyote hunters?

been thinking about hunting it myself it has been about 2 years since i called that area didn't have luck but that could change at any time

Be safe pull dn steady

went over to a friends house he showed me his coyote. Story goes he gets home arround 10pm and hears em in a hay field that didn't get cut this year right behind the house 45yards it is really bright out moon he grabs the 30/06 and "kills a rabbit" his beagle comes running up over the hill
and then hears a yote the dog runs into the middle of the pack realizes its folley and heads for the porch right past you guessed it the shooter but it stopped @30 yards and stopped for good also. makes you think huh. anyone else had this happen? also I went bunny huntin when the beagle and I got to the end of the thicket there were a set of yote tracks that ran out to the edge of the field [ran]-: along the brush 100 yds. then went under the fense back into the thick
MIGHT HAVE TO SNEAK IN IN A WEEK AND GIVE EM A CALL.

hnter1, sorry for the delay. It's been a while since i have had the chance to get on the site. Me and a buddy are heading out Saturday night. I'm not sure where we are going to go. Let me know if you are interested. I'm going out to night close to the house for a few stands.

Originally posted by nwtflogan:
[qb] let me know how you do but if theres as much sign as there was should be pretty good, i hunted alot of the farmers field edges for grouse and never saw any sighn of fur hunters anywhere, pretty much all to yourself this time of year it seemed i may take a ride next week to check it out, these suburban yotes are gettin a little tough here [/qb]
Any luck in the Medina area??? I have permission for a little tract of land outside of Doylestown if you are interested in a short hunt some night??

lots of dogs around here just gettin permission to cover all the areas is tough, got a couple honeyholes with 5-7 consitently in the area, killed 5 last year on the same stand different days, usually had 2 or three respond very fast, but never could get the others to stop after i dropped the first, then back again this year there ar 5-7 again, and they are a little tougher to call, got another spot in chatham just north of her im gonna hit shortly, got a ton of private land down in belmont to hunt just haven had time to get down there, drop me a line and well have to get together

sounds good let me know belmont isn't far either I have never hunted any further north than carroll
but it sounds like you all have em on the ropes

be safe/ pull dn steady

12 gage, sounds good let me know when and where
I have an itch to get out the pollypro and wool and try to shoot an old yote let me know if a rifle or shotgun they aren't pretty but shoot ok if I do my part also do I need to charge up the night light?

be safe / pull dn steady

I see that everyone here is either from the NE part of the state or down on the river, is there anyone one from the middle of the state or better yet over north of Dayton that would like to get a newbie started in the right direction??? I am from Darke County and am looking for a mentor :eek: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Jeff

hey harris what part of knox are you from, ive got about 6 different farms off of county rd 22 between 3 and 39/60 we hunt. any where near you?

Originally posted by hnter1:
[qb] 12 gage, sounds good let me know when and where
I have an itch to get out the pollypro and wool and try to shoot an old yote let me know if a rifle or shotgun they aren't pretty but shoot ok if I do my part also do I need to charge up the night light?

be safe / pull dn steady [/qb]

Originally posted by 12gage:
[qb]
Originally posted by hnter1:
[qb] 12 gage, sounds good let me know when and where

Sorry Hntr1, got tied up with family business and wasn't able to tap in to the site. I'm still interested in hooking up with you. I'm working the southern part of my territory this week & would be able to meetup with you for a early am hunt any day except Tue.

be safe / pull dn steady [/qb]
[/qb]

Kee Kee, I would love to make it, but it's to short of notice for me, next weekend is the fur auction at Xenia and I have a basement full to unload /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Maybe next year. do you guys use rifles or shotguns on this shindig? Jeff

went out sat. night and got snow in my lohman prey master the old thing quit working for a few days. anyone got an idea how to stop this problem ? we had no luck but thought that because of the snow storm maybe they had been feeding all day and holed up that night. any opinions?

waiting to make one good call and hopefully one good shot

Originally posted by brown-trout:
[qb] hey to all....Buckeye Stater here, Summit County (NE).
Looking to get into 'yote hunting ....been to Egypt Valley W.A. (belmont county) a few times...no luck there.
Any other Ohio 'yote hunters here??
If so, any advice??
Thanks, Brown Trout. [/qb]

got a bunch of ground,in the peavine valley area were gonna hit sunday, are you familiar with that area? heard alot of howling during gun season and no real hunters down that way

Originally posted by nwtflogan:
[qb] hey harris what part of knox are you from, ive got about 6 different farms off of county rd 22 between 3 and 39/60 we hunt. any where near you? [/qb]
hey nwtflogan ; new member here it looks like your hunting in my back yard. maybe we will meet some day

Back