Northeast Hunt 2008

Things are looking really good. RJ I already had you figured in. Deer season was great as was bear season and I am really looking forward to coyote season. Maineman I sent you a pm.

Paul I did get your reg fee and RJ yours as well. Headed to camps next week to do some snow removal and to get things ready for the hunt.

Quote:
Hi was wondering if I could get information. I am new to the sport and me and my uncle would love to go.

Hi wiggie and welcome to the forum.

This is the 3rd year this hunt has been held. I’ve been to the first two and have a great time both years. Rodney (meguide) has been kind enough to organize and host this hunt each year. He has limited space in his cabins and has allowed us to sleep there. Though, for those that don’t get a spot in the cabins there’s lodging minutes away in Stratton, ME. We start hunting around Thursday and stop Saturday night. There’s no hunting on Sundays in Maine. Saturday night we have a banquet at the White Wolf Inn in Stratton. The $30 registration fee covers dinner, and the food is excellent. You can purchase a hunting license online or you can wait and get one at the gas station/convenience store near Rodney’s cabins. A 3 day small game license is about $55 plus $4 if you want to night hunt. This will cover coyote and fox. If you want bobcat you’ll need a big game license. That with the night hunting option cost me $110 and is good for the year and includes a deer tag.

White Wolf Inn

Maine Hunting License Online

We can't wait to meet everybody,..Been trying to get over there for 2yrs,.finally got things worked out to do so,..

April, will be bringing some new products for all to check out.

See ya'll soon!

Thanks Meguide for this hunt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Vaportrail

Well guys, headed up to the camps tomorrow night (tues). to do snow removal, deliver fire wood, and finalize everything for the banquet and yes do some hunting, I want a cat! Jimmy Sweet is going to meet me there and together we will do our best on population control. Fresh snow coming in today, approx 6 inches at the camps. You guys that are bringin ars remember the magazines have to be permanently altered to hold no more than 5 rounds. I will have my computer with me at camp so I will keep you updated with pictures.

I got a phone call yesterday and after a full conversation I will have a big surprise for any one coming for the hunt. I don't think I will reveal it until the hunt but I think once revealed everyone will be as pleased as I am. See you in the snow!

Quote:
Does anyone know a good place to pickup our hunting license on the way up from CT ?

Probably Kittery Trading Post or L.L.Beans(Freeport).

Thanks,im looking forward to the hunt.Im hoping to get a shot at my 1st coyote this weekend.I sighted in my 250 savage & am ready to go.

I'll be there
I'm headding up Wed afternoon(be worned Rodney)
Don't forget the night hunting addon to your Lic. its 4.00
do you hunt here?

I cant make it up until fri morn.I hunt deer mostly archery but havent tryed coyotes exclusively. 3 key properties in one year were sold and anti hunters moved in so im desperate for some rifle action.Do you have much success calling in ct?

Hey guys, i will be going up this year and am getting really excited. Im just wondering what happen last year. How many people actually shot something? I don't want to get my heart all pumped for nothing. So will a get lucky?

Back