NEW Shotgun Pattern Test Results - Detail & Pic' heavy...

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: Wedgy Shooting at your wifes station wagon.... good times

Shooting at your ex wifes Toyota Prius, better times.

Uh oh...
lol.gif

I'll stick to cardboard... after 37 years of marriage, she would likely shoot back! and I don't have an ex-wife so the cardboard will have to do!
smile.gif

I would like to try one of the "old style" Dead Coyote chokes with the Fed. Flt. Cont. Wad. They were non ported and should work well. If anyone knows of one for sale for the Invector PM me.

GC;

I live near Nashville so hit the NWTF a few Saturdays ago.

Dropped by the Federal Ammunition booth and struck up a conversation with one of the marketing guys about creating a Premium 3-in. 4 Buck load using the Flight Control wad. Told him about this forum & thread & how some members are loving the 1 Buck LE 2 3/4 load for predators.

He said, "Tell this to our top ballistic guy" and called a guy over. I guess it was Alan Corzine, but repeated the info to him.

He looked thoughtful and said, "How many rounds a year would you buy?"

"At least 50 rounds a year," sez I. "Predator hunting is getting popular; just walk around the show &look at all the predator gear. I'm getting FC specific choke tubes for my Benelli M2 and Beretta Xtrema and would like to have a Line of FC varmint loads to run in them."

He said he'd look into it. I told him they'd sell just as well to HD buyers as varmint hunters and said big shot and buck loads fly off the shelves around here anyways.

I think if you, as the PM SME, would write him, as well as other members, we could make it happen.

Gonna write him myself this weekend.
thumbup.gif

Dan

Originally Posted By: Bernie P.IMO What we could use is some 3" copper plated lead BBB and T shot loads.Even non plated would be welcome.

I agree with you on the lead BBB and T shot sizes. They are big enough to do a good job and you get many more pellets per shell than number 4 buck shot.

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobOriginally Posted By: Bernie P.IMO What we could use is some 3" copper plated lead BBB and T shot loads.Even non plated would be welcome.

I agree with you on the lead BBB and T shot sizes. They are big enough to do a good job and you get many more pellets per shell than number 4 buck shot.

Yep, agreed on with the smaller BBB & T size pellets for a predator specific load. You might be surprised who all reads through this thread.

haha I hear ya GC and Remmy1187. but never the less even for a lucky shot. that was an amazing kill shot them boys caught on film there. I just thought I would share it cause it blew my mind when I seen it today.

Ive been enjoying this thread.In the past I shot all my coyotes with 2 3/4" mag 2 shot.It just knocked them dead inside 35 yd.Later I preferred bb.Really regret not buying 100 lbs. of bb before they quit makeing it.My interest in the shotgun and longer range out to 50 yd. or so has been peeked.Could you guy,s tell me if the different chokes really perform better. I have a 12 ga. rem.870 super magnum turkey with a 23" barrel.The gun patterns best with the rem.full choke when using bb or 2 shot.The super full rem. choke patterned crappy and I was wondering if another brand of choke really makes a difference.

I didnt word that very well. My question is, if you have 5 different mannufactures chokes all in the same diameter,do they perform diffrently?

Originally Posted By: J.MarkI didnt word that very well. My question is, if you have 5 different mannufactures chokes all in the same diameter,do they perform diffrently?

Probably so... I am referring to extended chokes and not so much the flush fit factory type. The five chokes will probably all be manufactured with a different design internally and somewhat externally that can influence the pattern. The differences in the pattern may not be all that much, but in some cases it can be quite remarkable.

Originally Posted By: J.MarkI didnt word that very well. My question is, if you have 5 different mannufactures chokes all in the same diameter,do they perform diffrently?
As far as my 835 goes there are some chokes available with the same constriction in both flush and extended.Mberg and Trulock for example.However all makers vary the tubes constriction slightly from one another so you can only compare one brands size in flush vs extended.

Thanks, I guess I have some testing to do.I like to use the rifle,but the shotgun is king when they come charging through these woods.You just dont want to turn the fur into a dishrag with to tight a pattern on a close target.

Back