Eastern Coyote/ Western Coyote

Originally Posted By: kirbyHey Lonnie, I mispelled "hear" here is [hear] LOL!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: smilinIBOriginally Posted By: knockemdown Does this make ANY sense at all to ANYONE here?

Nope.

There is a big difference in numbers from the Ohio river and east...Ohio has well more coyotes than many parts of PA. the migration from Northern coyotes and western coyotes is not that great on the east of the Ohio...and even migration from the north ..there was a map of coyote migration...and it showed very little coyote migration...into lower PA. and southeast from here...The study from one of are colleges here estimated PA. has 15k to 20k coyotes most...

i been in other states stayed Illinois ..and seen them eating from a dumpster you dont see that here..

Jumped them 3 times in KY. running rabbit hounds...ran hounds here for 25 years never jumped one...

If you see one in a field driving you are lucky...so if your seeing them a lot in fields you got good coyote numbers..

i think maybe some of the guys who try making videos here...and hunt out west could tell you the difference...

plus there a many good hunters in PA. they would be killing more than one a year, if they were just sitting in the woods waiting...let alone calling...

i posted a picture here years ago my friends had coyotes and bobat..hanging on 17 post in a row in 3 days...

it may be a year or 2 before they kill one here.

Last edited:
gee ben how many stands have you put in ...in PA, i would bet at least 350....and killed just 1 coyote...?

im certain if the numbers were higher you would have taken more..

then again lookin at the map your area has coyotes...my area and parts of the surrounding states have very little..

lookin for the college study but heres a map at the bottom of the page...

http://www.nationaltrappers.com/coyote.html

the PGC has no clue how many deer they have..let alone coyotes..they had to eliminate doe hunting the whole first week in many WMU because they admitting the deer got shot down to nothing...and there adding more units this year...

Also he posted his pics...even shot bobcats...what about FP51 hes killed them in the west and said this past fall...he called in his first PA. coyote...

Last edited:
our largest coyote contest had 4100 hunters..including good hound hunters...and in 3 days took 140 coyotes...in good weather...if we had such high numbers the total would have been many more wouldnt ya think...

and many hound hunters have hunters in there groups not registered so the total number of hunters would be higher..

Last edited:
That is interesting that you are willing to bet how many stands I put in for just for coyotes. To tell you the truth that number is very small because I go out calling for fox and coon and if a coyote comes in then I am lucky.

what map shows that there are more coyotes in my area? didn't know they had such a map. please enlighten me with actual numbers. not some bs you pulled outta your rump.

I see which map your talking about now. you look at where coyotes are killed in these contests and you will find that very few are killed in my area of the state. but honestly it doesn't matter how many critters I killed. I was wondering on where you were getting your numbers. And was wondering if smilin was willing to share his states that he hunted in out "west"

at this time ya didn't provide me with any population numbers but rather made a personal attack. typical response from you

Last edited:
well ben dont you think you would have called in more coyotes than 1.

You do not seem to remember the post..

he killed them in Arizona.FP51 in Wyoming...

You belong to a predator hunting club in PA.

How many in your group call and kill 5 coyotes a year...why not answer some of my questions with numbers?

Last edited:
How many in your group call and kill 5 coyotes a year?

please answer this one...nobody attacks you if you dont like the true numbers its a attack....also if your settin up proper for a fox...still should have called in some coyotes...wouldnt you think..according to you there out there..

because i know a few hunters in that group that could kill coyotes out west.

i have no more time to waste...but at least put the numbers..and if you took it as a attack your wrong..i even put you would have killed more coyotes in the first answer to you..it was no attack..it was a example......i know you hunted a lot...i was using it to prove we dont have the numbers they do out west...heck they have to have government hunters kill off tons of coyotes out there...thanks..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: happyyoterwell ben dont you think you would have called in more coyotes than 1. Obviously calling in an animal equates to killing it? I have called more then one in. but have only killed one.

You do not seem to remember the post.. What post are you refering to?

he killed them in Arizona.FP51 in Wyoming... who is he? and I knew fp51 killed a few in wyoming.

You belong to a predator hunting club in PA.? yeah I do belong to a predator hunting association.

How many in your group call and kill 5 coyotes a year...why not answer some of my questions with numbers? I have no clue. never knew I had a "group"

Originally Posted By: happyyoterHow many in your group call and kill 5 coyotes a year? in what group?

please answer this one...nobody attacks you if you dont like the true numbers its a attack....also if your settin up proper for a fox...still should have called in some coyotes...wouldnt you think..according to you there out there.. again assuming what I do and do not call in. I have called in some coyotes while hunting fox. but I wouldn't call it a common occurrence.

because i know a few hunters in that group that could kill coyotes out west. Group? again what group?

i have no more time to waste...but at least put the numbers..and if you took it as a attack your wrong..i even put you would have killed more coyotes in the first answer to you..it was no attack..it was a example......i know you hunted a lot...i was using it to prove we dont have the numbers they do out west...heck they have to have government hunters kill off tons of coyotes out there...thanks..
glad you do not have time to waste. I must have interpreted the smart allelic "gee ben" you started the post out with wrong.

now since you seem to be set on the 5 coyotes in a weekend thing. I am assuming you are talking about the cresson hunt this past weekend. Do I believe that it was more then one person that killed em? prob. is it my place to call em out on the net just to prove a point? nope. I worry about myself most of the time and thats it. if the sportsmans association didnt mind a group of hounders breaking the rules then so be it. if I was a member of their association and/or joined the hunt I might bring something up but most likely wouldn't keep diggin it in the side of someone all the time.

and at the end of all of this since you don't have any time to waste why don't you provide the study that said there was 10,000-20,000 coyotes in pa? that was really all I wanted to know.

as far as smilin I have a pretty good idea of the only state he hunted out west in but wanted to see him post it. instead he came back with a smart allelic remark instead of awensering the question. both of you are pretty good at side stepping the question. and then asking another question to change the discussion.

Originally Posted By: bigben
...but rather made a personal attack. typical response from you

Typical interpretation from you. Personal attack? Are you wearing a dress? I'm bowing out of this thread, some things never change.

Edit to add:

as far as smilin I have a pretty good idea of the only state he hunted out west in but wanted to see him post it. instead he came back with a smart allelic remark instead of awensering the question.

This is my first reply since you joined the thread. I often wonder about you reading comprehension Ben.

Last edited:
ben the ppha..

that's who i am talking about..i thought you was a member...

i don't know too many PA. fur hunters that call and kill 5 coyotes a year...and theirs a few good hunters in that group......

if we had those numbers i am certain BM...would kill 5 a year no problem...he probably averages 2

i say we don't have the numbers..

we have some here some there....

if so guys setting up for fox even would call more in..like i said you took it wrong...

SO..if we had the numbers of coyotes the west had there would be hunters here killing 5 or 10 a year and its not happening...

coyote predation is low in PA....the bear...is the main predator...here...

like i said i think you took it wrong but coyote number kills in PA. which you are aware of...is what i was talking about ...the pgc biologist told me a year ago they had no clue...i ask him where the largest concentration in the state was..no clue..

as far as the study they used the same map i posted the north had a lot of coyotes the south and states below us too the south a very limited number..

another good reason the west has more coyotes far less population...
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=7052

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: smilinIBOriginally Posted By: bigben
...but rather made a personal attack. typical response from you

Typical interpretation from you. Personal attack? Are you wearing a dress? I'm bowing out of this thread, some things never change.

Edit to add:

as far as smilin I have a pretty good idea of the only state he hunted out west in but wanted to see him post it. instead he came back with a smart allelic remark instead of awensering the question.

This is my first reply since you joined the thread. I often wonder about you reading comprehension Ben.

my reading comprehension is fine. never said I was the one that originally asked the question. again another side step and divert perfectly executed.

happy. you still fail to post the study that claimed the numbers you stated. so did you just pull them out of thin air based on your opinion? which is fine but hardly is a study. Just saying.

what was the name of the biologist you talked to?

ben that was last year i dont think i asked his name i didnt care...i did talk to the dr. of the shipensburg study...i posted it on other sites was about 3 or 4 years ago.

I have called the pgc many times i dont write down there names...i just want a answer...most of the time..

whats that have to do with predator hunter kill numbers the last 10 years..they have been the same

he doesn't want to answer with numbers...

one is the loneliest number

Last edited:
crazy.gif

dang with as many times as you edit your posts it isn't even worth responding to anymore. have fun happy. I wouldn't want to waste any of your precious time with childish bull as you put it before you re edited your reply.

So lemme get this straight...

Some guys debating 'east vs. west' coyotes haven't hunted coyotes out west at all?
And they can't kill them here in the east, 'cept for one or two a year?
Pennsylvaniva, although surrounded by states that hold good coyote numbers and successful hunters who call/kill them in those respective states, is somehow seemingly devoid of coyotes in comparison?

And the measly few coyotes that do call PA home CAN'T be called because fox hunters & deer hunters aren't killing them by happenstance?

Good thread!

all i can say is your the man....

a eastern coyote killin machine....

calling 5 in a stand numerous times...

like i said make some movies a very very very very very very very...select few can do what you claim you can do...

i will buy the first one....

Last edited:
Back