best rimfire for coyotes

Numbers???? What numbers? What companys making new rifles for the 5mm? U.S. company making ammo? How about those numbers! Take it easy kid just trying to help.

Kid, I made my own brass to shoot in my 5mm center fire conversion! And now the first time 5mm shooters going to school me on ballistics? Have a good day sport!

Congratulations on your accomplishments. I'll keep mine to myself. I don't need to prove anything to you, Sir.

Well, I guess I'd rather be called a kid then a stuck up, ego centered lonely old man. I understand. Have fun, I'm done with you're nonsense, Sir. I won't stoop to you're belittling talk. Have a wonderful day, good Sir.

marco, I hope your posts arent any indication to your age, My daughter don't even do crap like that, and she's very young. So it's not lookin' good for you.

Grow up man, we don't come here to argue and belittle each other.

If you want to assume your Internet "manhood" is bigger than everyone elses, keep it to yourself.

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
tongue.gif

My choice if I had to use a rimfire would indeed be the little hated 5mm Rem. Actually in a week and a half of so when I get back from the U.P. deer hunting I think I'll tote that around and do some calling.

Originally Posted By: marcoNumbers???? What numbers? What companys making new rifles for the 5mm? U.S. company making ammo? How about those numbers! Take it easy kid just trying to help.

Yeah, and as far as numbers, only ONE manufacture makes 17 HMR ammo. Hmmm....

Careful Gary, we don't want to start confusing people with actual facts, when opinion and theory and ego has served this thread so well.

Originally Posted By: marcoI hunted coyotes with the 5mms and the 22 mags and the 22magnums larger heavier, bullet is better! Period!let me tell you guys something, these 5mm shooters will say or do anything to get them to bring the 5mm back,but it is not going to happen!!!!Remington is not going to make ammo and CCI isnt, and no U.S.mfg is going to make rifles for the 5mm rimfire ever!!! So cool it tengaugetx.

Cool it, sounds like you are the one who needs a little time out my friend. Life is great as long as everyone agrees with you, huh? You sir are indicative of the typical internet blow hard. Bullying everyone who has a different experience or opinion than your own. Grow up and learn some manners before someone puts a boot up your backside.
You are way ahead of me in one respect, if you can be believed. I have shot a few coyotes with rimfires that were targets of opportunity. I have purposely chosen not to hunt coyotes with either the 5mm or the 22mag because I consider both of them woefully inadequate for real life hunting situations on coyote size animals. You, with your vast experience of killing coyotes with rimfires, are way ahead of me. By the way, got any pics? Just sayin'

A couple things to remember with the 5mm. The first is the rifle has a two extractor system that needs to be kept clean and lubricated, along with the chamber. Due to the relatively figh pressures of the 5mm cartridge system it was designed with a primary extractor located as part of the chamber and a secondary extractor on the bolt. The second would be to clean the rifle bore as you would a centerfire. Leaving the bore dirty like a 22lr is not to be recommended.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CrazyHorse66Did you know:

A 17HMR 20 grain XTP has more energy at 200 yards than a 20 grain pellet of #4 buckshot has at the muzzle.

A 22WMR 40 grain JHP has more energy at 100 yards than a 40 grain pellet of #1 buckshot has at the muzzle.

Intersting as it is, there is more than one pellet coming out and hitting it's target. Just saying.

Originally Posted By: frozenbuttOriginally Posted By: CrazyHorse66Did you know:

A 17HMR 20 grain XTP has more energy at 200 yards than a 20 grain pellet of #4 buckshot has at the muzzle.

A 22WMR 40 grain JHP has more energy at 100 yards than a 40 grain pellet of #1 buckshot has at the muzzle.

Intersting as it is, there is more than one pellet coming out and hitting it's target. Just saying.

Exactly! That little energy X 43 pellets is certainly more energy than 1 hummer pill.

Originally Posted By: frozenbutt

Not the way I shoot with a shotgun.
Only way I could hit a coyote with 1 is if I stuck the muzzle
up it's butt just before I pulled the trigger.

Originally Posted By: frozenbuttIntersting as it is, there is more than one pellet coming out and hitting it's target. Just saying.

Maybe. Did you read the rest of the post?

Originally Posted By: RJM AcresOriginally Posted By: frozenbutt

Not the way I shoot with a shotgun.
Only way I could hit a coyote with 1 is if I stuck the muzzle
up it's butt just before I pulled the trigger.

Now wouldn't that make a mess.
lol.gif
Swing up here this winter and I will see if I can get one close enough for you to try that.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Exactly! That little energy X 43 pellets is certainly more energy than 1 hummer pill.

Well duh. I'm surprised you hadn't read that on the internet somewhere.

Can you put 43 pellets into a coyote's head at 200 yards?

Have you put any pellets into a coyote, ever?

Please tell me you're not one of these guys who have thousands of posts on this board and have never even killed a coyote....

Put the link up where you've posted up a dead coyote or go away kid. The adults are talking.

Back