Baiting

Congrats BP, nice shot. I'm in about a one month drought myself. Season was going good but back to my normal sporadic visits.

Originally Posted By: baitpileAfter a 2 month dryspell, I finally had a stray wonder through for a bite. I killed this one tonight on the 170 yd site. .22-250, 50 gr NBT at 3700 fps, AGM Rattler TS35-384.

https://vimeo.com/804519675

Been really slow here!
bait

That is a COOL video! I've never seen a possum sharing the bait with a coyote and we kill a lot of possums out here. Lots of mice running around also. Really neat video.

ETA- That possum says to the coyote, "I'll eat you later."

Last edited:
https://rumble.com/v2btx5k-2023-6.html

#6 came in to the bait about four this morning triggering the motion sensor. By the time I was ready to hit record, she focused on some nearby geese in the pond and unsuccessfully chased after them. Instead of waiting to see what she'd do, I put the Foxpro on the handrail and started playing "blue jay distress". Which after a few minutes turned her around and brought her back to 140 yards before pausing.

Shot hit a hair forward of middle. FWIW- The 75 grain Sierra Varminters put a very large hole in the offside.

Congrats wildflights! I love those 75 gr Sierra hp's. Great video and way to play that coyote, bringing him back in...awesome !!!

Great job, Wildflights. Ditto on the 75 gr. Sierra HP. I have dropped a bunch of coyotes and bobcats too with that one from my 6x45. Two deer also fell to that bullet as well as three hogs.

WHAMO wf, good shot and thanks for the video.

My nephew and I had some success at his lease. We got setup at 4:00 in a popup blind and at 5:20pm his first coyote took a .243 to the boiler room. Bang flop. Nice large male but STUNK to high heaven.

xeUe4UK.jpg

Good job, Week. He has some pretty black on his back. Just curious about hunting from the popup blind. Were you expecting him to show up early, or how long were you prepared to stay?

06, surprisingly he had got more daytime pics than nightime. He had pics from daylight up to 9:00am, and then a few in the evening starting about 5:00pm. We set up at 4:00 with plans to stay till 7:30, and we did. We both had to work today and I had a 2.5 drive home. We will hit it again when then camera says go.

Well that’s great that the coyote was coming in daylight hours, and fairly predictable. You worked that hunt very well.

https://rumble.com/v2c457w-2023-7.html

Coyote #7 came in to the baitsite last night and bugged out before I could get eyes on her. A few minutes later she came out of the woods further down the field and made a B-line to the pile. Chime goes off while I'm lining up.

The hotspot that she approaches is coyote #6 on the pile. Shot her a little forward in the point of the shoulder. She didn't get back up but she required a finisher with the shotgun. IMO- shots too far forward are consistently less effective than shots a little too far back with the 243 and fragile bullets. Another large exit from the 75gr Sierra Varminters @ 160 yards. These bullets are very accurate but if you're saving fur, they are rough on hides
smile.gif

Back