Baiting

Way to drop him! Running Hotel California over there DU. I'm wondering what that hotspot was in the tree line.

TJ- are you running driveway alarms at your setup?

Last edited:
This female kept me up most of the night...
unsure.gif
Finally caught up with her @ 5:30am. 204 w/40 gr Nbt again.

Wildflights, I'm running Hosmart wireless alarms on my setup for last couple years now. Work very well.

[img:left][/img]

Last edited:
Tj, you're whacking and stacking, congratulations "again".

WF, that could have been another coyote, but I couldn't be sure. Most of the time, deer just stand there but whatever it was disappeared after the shot.

Action packed!! Way to hammer em tj, I think this is the most action all winter on the baits!!Stay after em!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tj66This female kept me up most of the night...
unsure.gif
Finally caught up with her @ 5:30am. 204 w/40 gr Nbt again.

Wildflights, I'm running Hosmart wireless alarms on my setup for last couple years now. Work very well.

Does the hosmart have a light only notification?

These 2 males came into bait site last night. The smaller was at midnight, larger one showed up at 2:30 am. Big male is little rougher, but still pretty good.

Originally Posted By: weekenderCongrats on two more tj, what bait are you using now?

Still have 2 roadkill deer out... Been there since Nov. Pretty well dried up. Just bones and hides, but they are still pulling them in.

We got busted on our calling stand last night. Had one coming on a string and then the dreaded cool feeling on the back of the neck. He winded us at 600 yds. and left with the after burners full power. That was disappointing. I hate it when the wind falls completely out and then starts varying.

When I got home, I decided to make a few howls to see if I heard anything. Got a response, but I was in the office and couldn't tell for sure which direction. I waited about 20 minutes and decided to scan the field. I saw this female coming up the field edge marking territory and all in a huff. She turned and came right up to the bait pile looking for the intruder. I gave her "The Finishing Touch" at 190 yds. with the Super Yoter.

#52 by Double Up, on Flickr

Wind came up strong at 5:30 am out of SE ahead of front moving in. About 20 minutes later this male showed up at site.

Back