Baiting

This female showed up for an April Fool Surprise last night.

#48b by Double Up, on Flickr

It didn't turn out too well for her. I shot her at about 170 yds. and then she ran a few yards and crashed.

Here she is in this picture taken with the Bering Optics Phenom 640 in black hot.

#48a by Double Up, on Flickr

And this is the video: I was shooting my AR in 223 suppressed with a 50 gr. V-max.

Then I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my cameras this morning to find another one had visited about 3:15 last night. Looks like a big male.

MFDC5527 by Double Up, on Flickr

Hopefully, he will return soon.

She still had a pretty thick coat surprisingly. She also had a pretty good number of ticks, so it is time to be extra cautious.

thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

Got this female at 5:30 this am on the bait. Tried a different build for this one. AR 20" WOA 204 Ruger 10 twist running 40gr NBT's. 3x9 Burris with a Coyote light on the handguard. Old school still works! She hit the ground quickly!
thumbup.gif

[img:left][/img]

Last edited:
Nice TJ. I'd love to build a 204 again some time. I wish light contour, but longish barrels were readily available.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARNice TJ. I'd love to build a 204 again some time. I wish light contour, but longish barrels were readily available.

Still getting this one dialed in. It's 20" varmint contour so a little heavy. Shooting really well. I've ran about 25 rounds through it so far. Not too fussy about loads. I just wanted to try something different.

Good job DU. Action is picking up it seems like. I had nice male this am @ 4:00 on the bait. Used 204 again.

Here is the view from my bench I use to shoot from. Bait is at the base of bank out by the 2 small cedars in the gap between middle sets of trees. First set of cedars is 100, second set is 175 at the bait, far set past the corn is 325. That is how I judge distances for shooting.

Last edited:
Back