Wildlife Technologies new models ?

It does look the same. Just inverted allowing a location for their antenna to tuck into and a little paint. I didn't pay attention to what size it was compared to the WT(sm, med or lg).

bearmanric,
that right there is funny.

WT is going to do a video comparison according to their website, which says KAS2030 vs. FoxPro. That should be interesting to see an apples to apples comparison.... that is if WT actually uses the new FoxPro GX7/TOA. Non CD quality KAS2030MS vs. 24bit FoxPro GX7/TOA.

Quote:
bearmanric,
that right there is funny.

WT is going to do a video comparison according to their website, which says KAS2030 vs. FoxPro. That should be interesting to see an apples to apples comparison.... that is if WT actually uses the new FoxPro GX7/TOA. Non CD quality KAS2030MS vs. 24bit FoxPro GX7/TOA.

Given the FP just announced the caller, I doubt it would be their new TOA version. The verbal wars over the past couple of years have been first between the WT 2030 and the FP FX5 and more recently with the Fury and it's advanced sound system. I would guess those products will be their comparison. Given those were the products that each manufacturer was stating theirs were better (or at least their customers were), I would be fine with such as comparison. However, I have not seen a laboratory review performed from an unbiased 3rd party so I will take all of these comparisons for what they are worth. Good entertainment. This applies to both sides. The only comparison that has any clout with me is my own field experience with regards to performance, reliability and service. No different than buying a new car.

"I noticed on another site that F-P is comeing out with another caller, its a plastic clone to the WT."
------------------
Sorry Tim, but the new Fox Pro caller is the real deal. Looks similar to a W.T., but is far superior. Uses same advanced technology as the Fury, you can load your own sounds and everything. Makes the W.T. look like a model T Ford trying to race with a new Corvette. The W.T. callers are good units, no doubt about it. Fox Pro just passed em up this time is all.

Quote:
Fox Pro just passed em up this time is all.

Since they copied the WT i would say they are just catching up to WT.. Too bad they don't have the same good sounds that the WT has. I have 33 sounds on my WT and i have not found any reason to add more. No reason to change or fix something that is'nt broken.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

FP is a copy cat no doubt.
They copied a couple Minaska calls also.
One thing for sure they dont have the sounds that WT does and for me there customer severvice S**ks.
Wont ever do bussiness with them again!

"Since they copied the WT i would say they are just catching up to WT.."
----------------------------
Wrong again Tim, but then you should know that already. Fox Pro passed em up sorta like they are tied to a tree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
FP is a copy cat no doubt.
They copied a couple Minaska calls also.
One thing for sure they dont have the sounds that WT does and for me there customer severvice S**ks.
Wont ever do bussiness with them again!

Yes, FP copies competitor products, but they are also innovators. Whether you are interested in the feature rich Fury or not, you got to give them credit where it is due. I do not have a Fury, but I do admit, those features are very cool and creative. I wondering how long it will be before they link up to a satellite to pull sounds off their website while in the field or wirelessly feed hunting results immediately into your home computer (location, temp, wind, time, date, etc).... Not that I need it, but I would buy one of those just for fun.

As for copying, their strategy is great. For the most part, their similar products are offered as custom products (Scorpion was an exception). This will keep their costs in check on non core products but enable their customers who are interested in new products that their competitors announce to be able to purchase the same through FP. FP's custom TOA caller is obviously their response to the 2030MS. Not doing it would be foolish in my opinion (heck, I bought a 2030MS and really like it). If you are a FP fan and want a TOA WT like caller but want to remain with FP, now you can. However, as I stated above, yes, they have copied when it makes good business sense (it would be dumb not to), but their core products are truely innovative and all FP.

The biggest difference and most important difference is this:

Wildlife Tech lies about their products.

FoxPro is honest and give great customer service.

Hammer

People sure jump at the chance to accuse Foxpro of copying, but not one word has been posted about this:

Nite%20Stalker.jpg

I'm sure most of you realize that you can buy any E-caller, send it to China to have the cheapest copy made and call yourself an E-caller company.

Just as you can't judge a book by it's cover, you can't judge an E-caller at first glance. You don't even have to look inside the Foxpro caller to see how different and advanced it is over the WT. Read the features! Let's not start another waaa..waaa thread this early. At least try to hold off until mid-summer. Instead (I'll be killed for suggesting this) call the various E-caller manufacturers and ASK them directly to describe the features and differences in their callers. Ask pointed questions. Don't just pick a side to join by what you read on the Internet. Seriously, find out for yourselves. You'll know which E-caller you'll want to carry after just talking to 3 or 4 of the companies. Results in the field will confirm your decision. Once you've done your homework and followed it up in the field you'll be so satisfied that you won't have to become defensive every time an E-caller thread is started.

The only thing similar about the WT and the new custom shop FP that was posted is they both use the TOA speaker. You can byt a TOA as a stand alone and use it with what ever unit you want.

Mine is better than your's.... nahnahnahnahnah!

My buddy's caller can out do your's, too... nahnahnahnahnah!
Mine always calls in coyotes and cats,... nahnahnahnahnah!
Mine is so good I just have to set it in the woods and look at it and it calls in critters!... nahnahnahnahnah!

These threads really do get funny sometimes if you look past all the finger pointing that gets members in trouble! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

T.A.,
I have a Fox Pro Scorpion, and FX-5, and a Fury. I also have a W.T. 2030ms. When I get a little bit more money saved up, I will also purchase the brand new custom shop Fox Pro that looks like a T.O.A. speaker with an antenna on it. Callers are sorta like fine rifles, a man can never have too many. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There is a very specific reason that FoxPro has put this caller out. If anybody caught the Texas Predator Posse post in February where Bill Martz began attacking FoxPro, you'd understand exactly why this caller is on the market. Martz started spouting off and FoxPro responded accordingly. I have a copy of that thread from the Texas Predator Posse because I knew it would be locked up eventually the way it was going. All I can say is WT had this one coming. So anybody with old WT sounds in 16bit 32kHz format can buy the new FoxPro GX7 and have a far superior caller to the KAS2030MS, with WT sounds... Life is good for those looking for new callers and not wanting to deal with a non-programmable, 16bit32kHz, not ("all digital") caller.

Back