Your best looking predator gun

Quote:
Darby....3 Coopers??? You had just one when i talked to you last time...hasn't been that long ago...Sweet looking guns.

Scott
How the front range treatin' ya! do you miss the traffic congestion of montrose! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Have ya got settled in?

Yea 3 of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Claimbuster has been little help if any in this area.........cept helping me pick out the next one! Those trips to Wyoming has turned into an addiction I am afraid, lots of fun to say the least! I would like to get at least one more trip in this year.

Its been a very busy Summer...The only thing I'm missing about Montrose, are the shooting opps. Denver is short on those...but the job is great and life is starting to settle down a bit...Glad to hear your getting shooting opps...3 Coppers should be enough...don't you think...I am back to just the .243...The .225s are all gone, and the .222 is gone...but I have 2 new pistols and a new shotgun or two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have some really nice rifles I use for predator hunting and I like all of them. My nicest is my DTECH .25WSSM:
6.jpg

I also really like the looks of my Olympic Arms K-16:
2sm.jpg

But the prettiest predator gun I own is an old Springfield/Savage Model 840 chambered in .222 Rem. It belonged to my grandfather who carried it for decades as his truck gun. It has the original Springfield 4X scope and mount he bought with the gun. I used this gun before I caught the Evil Black Rifle disease and it is a sweet shooting machine. My grandfather did all the checkering by hand with a jack knife (you can tell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif) during lunch breaks while working sheep and cattle. It might not look like mutch but it's beautiful to me...
savage2.jpg

savage1.jpg

savage3.jpg

Trashcan
Death Card Calls

Tyler,
I couldn't even take that one out and get it wet! Great looking gun, NICE wood!

RidgeRunner,
My head would swirl just trying to decide which one to use.

JJFBandit,
That is one of the nicer looking camo jobs I've seen.

I like all flavors of AR that have been shown and the thumbhole Ruger looked pretty good too.

Lots of good stuff here. Lots to be proud of.

Quote:
This is my pertiest rifle I have, only because it hasn't gotten dirty yet...

DSC01580.jpg

Rammer-

Is the bed for your rifle? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Dont feel bad, mine have there own beds to!
Kids have to sleep on the couch when they come spend the night!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

No way for me to compete in this arena.......I'm just glad the critters don't care what the rifle looks like. That said, I bet some of the owners sure take pleasure in the looking at 'em.

Jeez, Darby how ya keep the drool off'n 'em?

ID Bob, that grandgirl must be some kinda special........

Here's what I got to work with.

IMG_0896.jpg

Trashcan- I have that same rifle in a 30-30. My dad bought it for me for my 8th grade graduation, and I took my first deer and hog with it. I have not hunted with it in several years, but it is still in the safe. The trigger on this one is terrible though.

This isn't my prettiest I guess, but it is my latest. It is a Dtech built Rock River A4 varmint fluted. Looks just ike my Dtech SUM except this one has an 18 inch barrel instead of the 20.

CastlCoyote7-08.jpg

I also have a Rem 788 in .243 that I like but don't use as much since I got the ARs. The Ruger M77 MK II in .257 Roberts is probably the prettiest though.

Quote:
Yea 3 of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Claimbuster has been little help if any in this area.........cept helping me pick out the next one!

Furhunter is a "big boy" and can resist if he wants to. It is NOT my fault. Besides, he has a lot of catching up to do.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:
This is my pertiest rifle I have, only because it hasn't gotten dirty yet...

DSC01580.jpg

Rammer-

Is the bed for your rifle? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Dont feel bad, mine have there own beds to!
Kids have to sleep on the couch when they come spend the night!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Darn right its for the rifle! I like them to be nice an comfy when not in use! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What do u say claimbuster maby a million$?

Nice looking guns.

Hears my Cletus.

243wssm.jpg

ill get a better pic soon.

GJ

Quote:
Quote:
Yea 3 of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Claimbuster has been little help if any in this area.........cept helping me pick out the next one!

Furhunter is a "big boy" and can resist if he wants to. It is NOT my fault. Besides, he has a lot of catching up to do.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Jeez, Darby how ya keep the drool off'n 'em?

Claimbuster gave me some really good stock wax, cleans up the drool pretty good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back