Your best long shot

MisterE

The most memberable for me was a cotton tail @425yds. kneeling with my 6mm rem. 1 shot 1 kill. They are small at that range. BTW This was witnessed by a yote buster friend of mine. Also no range finder was used. Judged by eye, and made the shot. It was measured later for actual distance.

took a deer this past season at 1,350 yards, took 2 spotter shots to confirm my dope was right and turned the gun on the deer, not a real good hit but she took a few steps and bedded up, 1/2 later we went up and retrieved her, she was done. dialed in 360.5" of elevation and 30" of windage to make the shot.
RR

I shot a Coyote in the head with about a 10mph cross wind at about 300 yrds maybe a little more with a .17 Rem last summer, and my buddy got the whole thing on video.....

Well I can gong the 12" plate a 380yds with my 22 hornet consistently, dose this count? all my shots on game have all been well under 100 yrds.

Quote:
took a deer this past season at 1,350 yards, took 2 spotter shots to confirm my dope was right and turned the gun on the deer, not a real good hit but she took a few steps and bedded up, 1/2 later we went up and retrieved her, she was done. dialed in 360.5" of elevation and 30" of windage to make the shot.
RR

Hey RR, was that with a long range 17HMR?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Grizz here
I shot a coyote at 528 yards at night just north of Beatty Nevada with my 22-250. Not a totaly clean kill, he did not go anywhere but had to be "finished" off. In August of 06 I hit a coyote between the eyes at 425 yards one night up by Ash springs Nevada with my 220 Swift. This dog was real spooky we worked him with the light for 10 minutes before deciding he was about to split. I was half asleep this fact probably helped me pull off this shot.
This same night my partner "Rotten Luck Willie" shot his first tripple on coyotes. I shot a 4X4 mule deer buck at 560 yards (no not at night) up in unit 55 in Idaho with my Sako 7MM Mag fitted with a Leupold straight 6X scope, no spotters. Rick

grizz thats along ways at night how do you see that far, my longest ghog shot was a lazered 419 and deer was 431 with my 7swm Ron

PD at a lasered 878 with a 220S. Was hoping for the 1000 YD Pin, but no cigar. Probably OK though, I did not have a VHA witness along.

Quote:
grizz thats along ways at night how do you see that far, my longest ghog shot was a lazered 419 and deer was 431 with my 7swm Ron

Thats damm fine shooting Kunas. You to Claimbuster, Grizz

250 yards, running mule deer doe. She had one wheel blown off by a turd in our hunting party that thought the more lead he threw with his open sighted 30-30 the better.

It was the last day of my hunt, I had an either sex/either species license and decided to try to end my hunt and her misery. She was at about a 45 degree angle from me when I touched the trigger of my .270.

When I got the sight picture back after the shot, all I saw were 4 legs in the air and a cloud of dust. Caught her high in the shoulder and spined her.

Was my best and luckiest shot in all my years of hunting!

Tim

500+ yds on a sleeping red fox. 2 witnesses one beside me and the other 400 yds behind and to the left of the fox. Buddy was standing in the woods next to a well used fox hole(in case I missed) and said it was the coolest shot he ever saw and heard. He heard the bullet whizzing and thump before he heard the crack of the rifle. Lucky shot though 500+ yds with an old Ruger 77 tanger' in 220 swift with factory Hornady 60 grs. Every dog has his day huh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif RR

My best shot was not long, only about 100 yards. A crow on a fence post in high wind. Held 8" to the left and nailed it dead center. Holding that far off target and connecting is satisfying.

Jack

Quote:
My best shot was not long, only about 100 yards. A crow on a fence post in high wind. Held 8" to the left and nailed it dead center. Holding that far off target and connecting is satisfying.

Jack

I can relate to that. My best shot on a crow was at 120yds with a sported ruger 10-22. I had a scope that had target turrets and knew the distance. Got a steady hold, squeezed the trigger and he hit every branch on the way down. He probably thought he was out of range, too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back