Who packs a side arm?

I wish I could... The instant I turn 21 Im going out to get a concealed handgun license and a nice pistol. After being jumped so many times and attempted bike strealings (i always win those fights though...) I really wish I could pack something. I have stabbed someone with a pencil though while being jumped. It got in their arm past the sharpend part and they way they got caught was by going to the hospital. They tried to file charges but it was dismissed because of self defense. You just dont know these days...

I don't often enough but should just make it a habit mainly for injured and po'd animals. What I normally carry is a HR 9 shot 22lr. I find them a little cumbersome in the stand but invaluble if you need it.

First, I'm new to these forums, so hello and Happy New Year to everyone.

I carry a Springfield Armory XD9 for my CCW just about everywhere, but anytime I'm out in the sticks I've got my S&W 686 at my side. When I'm in the desert I keep CCI snakeshot as a first round and Buffalo Bore's Heavy 180 gr .357 Magnums in the other 5 chambers. I also keep a couple of speedloaders on my belt, usually one filled with Remington 125 gr SJHP and the other full of the Buff. Bore Heavy's.

My Smith (pre-lock, btw) after a polish with Mother's:
front.jpg

I look forward to learning from you all and getting out calling more.

I used to carry my pistol an a few stands but never used it once so I quit lugging it around. I have plenty of other things that I carry around when I hunt so the Sprinfield XD 9mm stays in the truck or at home.

It was also my CCW in Idaho and Utah but now Colorado will not accept my CCW so I will have to do it all over again for Colorado.

But having said that now that I am in Colorado I hear there are far more bears and Mountian Kitties to be worried about so I may carry it big game hunting. But I rarely hunt alone so my hunting partner can get my back right?

Last edited:
Quote:
I wish I could... The instant I turn 21 Im going out to get a concealed handgun license and a nice pistol. After being jumped so many times and attempted bike strealings (i always win those fights though...) I really wish I could pack something. I have stabbed someone with a pencil though while being jumped. It got in their arm past the sharpend part and they way they got caught was by going to the hospital. They tried to file charges but it was dismissed because of self defense. You just dont know these days...

ditto on that

I guess I kind of forgot the two legged reasons for carrying, you all are right there are some nutcases running through our country and most are not up to good deeds. Anyone heard about the 14 year old boy back east shot out of his treestand, he was shot in the face at close range, is he ok? I heard about it happening but havent heard any follow up.

I carry a pistol every day all day long except when I am hunting. My 308 AP4 DPMS is much more lethal than my 45 and the 308 plus the 45 = too much weight.

SA 1911-A1 45 ACP MIL it goes were I go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.I like that Idaho "like your mastercard don't leave home with out it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.Deathcry I would have been missing more than one arrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

Quote:
SA 1911-A1 45 ACP MIL it goes were I go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.I like that Idaho "like your mastercard don't leave home with out it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.Deathcry I would have been missing more than one arrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

Same here SA 1911 .45 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I sometimes carry a .22 for finishing, but a 9mm, .40, .45, .357 for the two legged snakes. Depends on the area I'm hunting.

I'd rather finish off a dog or cat with a pistol than a 2,700 FPS round fired a couple feet from me.

Back