Who packs a side arm?

I reload 44 mag.with the speer plastic cap. I load .177 pellets in the capsules and fill in around them with #6 or #8 shot.The pellets will keyhole and will do lots of damage. I have shot several rattlesnakes with this load and it seems to shock their systems so they don't jump around and strike after being hit as would a 22 or small round.This load is a great home or vehicle defense round.

Either a Sig P220 or a P226 on a daily basis. I was told a long time ago that a handgun is just something to fight your way back, to the rifle that you shouldn't have set down in the first place.

Ruger MK2 22cal finishes them off if need be, If calling in area where a chance of bear etc come in, usually take a 44 mag(never needed it yet)

I know that this is an old thread but I'm going to resurrect it again because it's still applicable to a lot of new people in here. Including me.

I recently starting carrying in late 2014 when I got my IN concealed/open carry license. Basically I paid a lot of money to get this privileged even thought the US Constitution guarantees everyone the right to bear arms. But I wanted to stay on the side of the people in power and thus paid my dues so to speak. Of course they justify the huge fee by doing a back ground check on people. I must have passed because I got my permit within a week after paying the final $50 to the County Sheriff's office after I paid over $80 to get my finger prints sent into the Fed or whom ever gets them.

I started out with the Walters PPQ M2 and found it to be rather large for me as it prints badly and sticks out like a red nose on Rudolf the red nosed reindeer.

Now I've purchased a new Ruger LC9S Pro for concealed carry. I've not shot it yet but I've cleaned it and handled it a lot and even found a nice holster for it (Outside the waste band that can be hidden with some XXL T shirts left outside the pants. I've yet to send a order to Alien Gear holsters to get a new Kydex shell for this new Ruger. I got the Tuck 2.0 model for my Walthers PPQ and it was OK but will not stay open to re-holster or re-install the pistol back into the Holster easily. I have to cinch my belt so tight that it squeeze the holster opening shut. If I don't tighten my belt the weight of the PPQ and extra 17 round 9mm magazine makes my pants fall down. And the PPQ is nearly impossible to hide while wearing only a light weight "T"Shirt. Now if I put a light weight jacket on it's hidden ok. But I wanted a smaller gun that was easier to conceal and that didn't weight so much.

The Ruger LC9s Pro Striker Fired 9 mm single stack was the one I chose. I also looked and shoot one of the new Glock 43's but I was not pleased with it's shooting at the range. Maybe the trigger was the problem as compared to the PPQ's trigger it's hard to beat. The PPQ's trigger is just outstanding and give the shooter better control over the accuracy of the firearm. I've read that the Ruger LC9s trigger is better than the LC9's hammer fired trigger in that it's striker is easier to use. The trigger pull is less and much smoother on the LC9s vs the Plain LC9. BTW the "S" stands for Striker and it not the plural form of LC9.

I found a murder victim in the dessert where I hunt about a month ago. After seeing that body, and the condition it was left in, I haven't left the house to go off the pavement without my G29 10mm in a chest holster. The police haven't released any details or even reported the body to the newspapers, but after seeing the condition it was left in, I know I want to do everything in my power to not end up in a situation where I could end up the same way.

I've also run across tweakers with swords (reported and arrested) who were stripping wire and seriously messing up some train control boxes. Because of my job, I can't carry all of the time, but I am at least armed with a Ruger LCP 99% off off-the-clock hours.

A8974C75-E22B-426F-A148-91B7E08F9C83_zpsgaobjnjo.jpg

Originally Posted By: shankboneI can't carry all of the time, but I am at least armed with a Ruger LCP 99% off off-the-clock hours.

When I am in the office dressed in business casual I don't even notice my LCP... Mine is custom 2 tone from the bluing on the slide worn clean...

It is difficult for myself to carry anything larger in the office without it being noticed... Don't wanna walk around un-armed yet at the same time I don't wanna intimidate co-workers... They already think I am the crazy vet...

Ohhh yeah I know what you mean about the bodies... Arms and legs the legs and heads the bodies of babies...

During hunting season I will have the Para 10mm strapped to my pack, the High Standard 45 I carried till I retired in April, now I carry the Springfield EMP 9mm every where I go.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/isis-claims-to-have-71-trained-soldiers-in-targeted-u-s-states/

didnt need this to convince me to carry, i've been daily for the better part of a decade now.

however that did convince me to load a couple extra mags for my blackout pistol that i keep behind the seat

the bad part about living so close to one of the largest muslim populations outside the middle east
thumbdown.gif

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762

When I am in the office dressed in business casual I don't even notice my LCP... Mine is custom 2 tone from the bluing on the slide worn clean...

hey! you stole my idea for the finish i have on my Keltec P-40
thumbup.gif
took me a couple years to get it right though hehehe

I use to pack a very heavy Ruger Mark III .22 in a Bull Barrel,darn thing wore out 2 holsters from the weight but I finally got the Handgun I've always wanted...a Browning Buckmark Contour .22LR that's really nice and accurate,plus it's a good idea to have a spare backup Gun in case a Coyote comes in at close range or for a finish up shot on a Predator.

Paying on a Glock 380 for my Concealed Carry Gun,for self protection and I'm allowed a CC while Bow Hunting.With several Mountain Lion sightings here in Missouri it's nice to have some added Protection while walking to a ladder stand in the early mornings in the dark and walking back from said stand after dark when only carrying a Bow!
wink.gif

Last edited:
I pack a G20 all the time. Used to pack large revolvers but I hit better and faster with the Glock. 200 gr XTP at around 1200 fps or 220 gr TC hard cast factory Buffalo Bore ammo. Better to have a pistol and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Back