who here likes ted nugent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: We're low enough on bandwidth, so I edited my last message as to not waste "it" or the energy required to respond to that last bit of drivel.

I don't think you are going to find much support here. Ted is what he is and makes no bones about it or excuses. When we have to start making excuses for what we as hunters, gun owners and sportsman do to the media then we have lost the battle. You may not like him, but if you can not respect what he has done for hunters and gun owners I don't know what to tell you. Dr. Nudge is one of the few people I know of who is not afraid worried about being politically correct. We as hunters and sportsmans have hurt ourselves by trying to be politically correct. Over time people come to expect it and become desensitized to life. For example, we always talk about harvesting an animal because it may not sound as bad a "killed". After a while people get used to that and then when someone talks about "killing" an animal it sounds worse than if we had been saying "killed" all along. When Ted does the "backstrap boogie" or shows off the wound he just inflicted on a deer and emphasises the "clean kill" I think he is trying to bring people back into focus. People have lost "common sense" in this country. The same people who are worried about John Walker Lindh being mistreated are the same ones who don't realize that someone had a kill a cow to make the hamburger they just ate or the leather seats that they are sitting on in their Beamer. I don't agree with everything Ted Nugent ever said, but if more people in America thought like him we would not have a lot of the problems we have today. CB- just remember someone can take something anyone says and use it out of context and make it sound anyway they want to.

Coyotebuster
I dont think anybody really cares about the fact that you dont like ted. The main point of all this is to focus on the fact that ted stands for your right to do one of the things that you love doing, HUNTING. It doesnt matter how he presents himself to the media, He tells it like it is and how he feels. He stands up for our rights when you, me and others cant or wont do it ourselfs. You may not like the way he does it or his attitude (who really cares) but at least he does it. If people dont like the way others represent our sport then get out there and represent us. until then you have to at least appreciate the effort of others.

Usually when I hear someone say they dont like Ted, and they give some lame reason, I join in and say " Yeah, you know what else the bastard does? He's trying to keep kids off drugs! And he wants people to get involved in government! And he has that goofy kamp for kids! Boy you're right ,He sure is a jerk!"
And this is the look I get back :eek:

I would have to agree Ted is a fellow hunter NRA member, outdoorsman all around hunter, and a darn good axgrinder too.

i guess we areant allowed to have our own opinions anymore huh? this rule needs to be changed then:The Opinions, Views and Comments expressed by the members of this forum are their own

Stu Farish
Predator Masters Moderator
Member # 188

Member Rated:
posted 04-03-2002 06:29 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have a lot of growing up to do.

This sounds a lot like a personal attack to me, but whos counting. I guess just because my opinion on ted differes from yours you have the right to tell me im the one that needs to grow up? Well im orry if this offends you but maybe you are the one that needs to grow up seeing your the one that is using attacks to prove your point. Maybe im off based but even the moderaters are attacking people (see graig hamilton) and i think this needs to be addressed. I know he apologised but this sort of comment never should jhave came from a moderaters mouth!

Wait a minute...

How do we know that this isnt really Coyotebuster's BOSS (or teacher) logging on as Coyotebuster cause he let him use his computer, playing "shenanigans" on all of us... :eek: :rolleyes:

Personal attack? No, and that statement simply reinforces what I said. It's inconceivable to me how my saying that you have a lot of growing up to do could be construed as an attack.

I made an observation about you, based on your posts here. Specifically, you said:

"He is just an idiot and thats how i feel and nothing will make me change my mind either."

Let me emphasise this:

"nothing will make me change my mind either."

This is a sign of a very immature person. Immature is another way of saying you haven't grown up yet.

You have the distinct honor of joining the ranks of Sarah Brady, Chuck Schumer, Dianne Feinstien, Ted Kennedy, Mario Cuomo, and any number of the prominent anti-gun and anti-hunting people that we fight every day.

They also take the position that their mind is made up and they won't change them. For ANY reason.

Facts are irrelevant, truth or new understanding don't matter. They know what they've decided and that's that.

You are compeletely entitled to your opinion. I never indicated otherwise. But when you take a position like this, which reflects an attitude you've displayed here in other threads, you show me that you need to grow up.

A lot.

That isn't an attack. It's an observation. You could even take my saying so as a bit of advise, but that's up to you.

Slow down little ranger, everybody has an opinion. We are not cutting you down here, we just answered your question as you stated
personally i cant stand him and also severly dislike his music too!!!!!!!!

Coyotebuster:

He is just an idiot and thats how i feel
And what would you call that little quote? As of now I have taken into account the fact that you are young.And I don't care if you are a Junior Safety instructor or not. You have attacked a person that is doing more for the hunting than probably most of all the others put together... You have also broken the rules as Craig pointed out. You have attacked someone that is not here to defend themselves. That is a big no-no... I would venture to say that if Uncle Ted were here you would be wilting by now from what he would have to say to you. What have you done for the rights of others lately? Such as our hunting rights and our right to hunt... If I were you I would take a step back and look at what you have to offer and whether you want to help or just stand on the sidelines and say that you don't like someone for being outspoken. I can assure you that if you started today you would probably never get cought up to what Ted Nugent has done for the shooting sports and hunting communities. Money wise or any other way....Entirely up to you....Good luck

As far as Stu saying you need to grow up, I second that opinion. >>>>>>James L.

(Disclaimer: The above veiws are my own opinions. All veiws are blahh blahh blaghhhh etc... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

al im getting is a crock of bs. He only uses hunting to stand out from other celebrities. He does more for a negative impact on hunting than he does god for it. I personally love hunting so i cant be an anti as previusley stated by stu farish. I still say that theiur are many people that feel the same way i fell but are afraid to post after seeing the **** you guys are giving me.

24a561.jpg
:rolleyes:

CB, I just have one question for you. What did Ted Nugent ever do directly to you to make you dislike him so much? He stands for everything we are about and a louder mouth we have never had on our side, I for one love Teds Screaming he is Screaming the cry of Freedom. So Ted for me if your out there you just keep right on screaming for Freedom.

CB I respect your right to free speech and your right to your opinions. But I don`t think Ted has ever done anything to your person to deserve that kind of dislike from you especially when he STANDS UP for everything we as hunters believe just to our survival.

I never said you were an anti. I said you have the same mindset that they do.

You might try reading more carefully, as well. I write pretty clearly and have no problem stating what's on my mind, so please stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Just finished reading your last post and buddy You better look at whose side you are on because as of last count the only celebs on our side that truly stand out are about 2 and the number on the other side are numerous.

CB I can't figure you out. Your doggin Ted for being outspoken and telling it like it is to the media. He's expressing his opinion based on many years of exprience in helping us hunters and gun owners. You say you don't like him because of that.

But you get upset at some of us for questioning your opinion. Ted has more facts to support his opinion about the issues he speaks of than you do about him. Ted has been helpin folks long before you were born.

You should have a long list of dislikes about a person before you critize him in a forum that you should have known would support him as this one does.

Just my 2 cents...........

i screwed up, the magazine article wasnt turkey call but trather petersons bowhunter. It said several points: Ted sells used arrows(bloody ones from game) on the internet for $2000, he calls tom sellic a coward (if he is so strong for the nra why is he belittleing it?), the person that wrote the article said"his ego is almost suffocating" "sure its fun being in the same room as him, intoxicating really because he is so famousebut you cant get a word in edgewise to save your soul" and he had to ventually walk out. He was also questioned for carrying a weapon (he has the right to carry a gun thats not my point) but what he was packing was a glock with 4 extra magazines plus the ones that were already in it. Thats a litlte extreme dnt ya think????? The writer also goes on to say that many people believe tha his "whack 'em and stack 'em" hunting mentality coupled with his profuse use of profanity and lewd gesteres on stage has the potential to do more harm than good, especially especially to the non hunting crowd, the group he is workingso hard to reach out to. I guess im not the only one that feels like this, im the only one that will voice my DIFFERENT opinion from yours though
!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back