Which trigger

I have...
...... snip.....
a MilSpec with a 3lb spring kit worked on by Bill Springfield
ive got a Bill Springfield modified trigger as well... sitting in a bag.

it was a nice light setup, and shot fairly well - but ive read over and over about them going south if theyre in a high volume setup. seems that after investigation that he's removing too much of the case/surface hardened engagement surfaces on the sear/trigger when he's stoning *some* of them and thus they now will wear out... and then whoopsie you have a runaway trigger.

just not worth it. especially when the 3rd autocomplete on google is this. yea. yikes.

1710271535845.png

seirously.. do some google looking on the other forums. its *all* over out there.

I'm not doubting that, but that's literally the first AR I ever built and it's been 100% operational for 16 years. I guess if it goes down...I'll just replace it. 🤷‍♂️
It's not my favorite, in fact its probably my least favorite...Just simply listing that I have one.

I'd "assume" the issues are more to do with different quality of mil spec parts. Working on a high quality part vs working on a low quality part makes a huge difference in how long it will ultimately last.

Bob, you've been given the best advise possible. Call Timney explain the problem,send it back. My guess you will recieve a new one in a week or two. If you want to sell it real cheap pm me. But Id just send it back to Timney.

Have been using CMC drop in 3 lb. single stage triggers for a long time and all have been good and generally lighter than stated. Recently bought one of their 2 1/2 lb. flat triggers and was a definite improvement for hunting. Then bought a TriggerTech Diamond 1.5-4lb. adjustable flat trigger and have it adjusted down to 2lb's and it is extremely crisp and very short reset. Only thing I would like is a little more tactile feel on the reset and a little wider trigger like the CMC flat 2 1/2 lb. one. This is a very, very nice trigger. I would give the CMC a rating of 9.5; very light and crisp, short rest, a little better tactile feel on the reset and broader trigger face with bigger hook. The TT a 9.7 for adjustability and very crisp and short reset. Would like a little "stronger" reset feel and a trigger face similar to the CMC but these last 2 are getting picky and personal preference on comparing both. TT will be more expensive than the CMC also. PS. I use a Lyman electronic trigger pull gauge to test and measure the triggers.

no bump firing
at one point it actually emptied a 30 round mag
two stage or single preferences on that?
Back in the day we had some AR’s we built and they started doing that 3 round burst to dumping the mag
We found out that there was a burr on the sear that made it not catch or made the sear little long so it wouldn’t catch.
Once we got rid of it they fired properly

Back