What's your favorite varmint rifle?

Originally Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunterYou don't hear of many folks shooting the old .222 these days.

Couldn't prove it by me. The last build I did was a 222.
It's not my "favorite varmint rifle" though (I can't choose just one) but it rounds out my stable nicely and shoots 52SMK's into itsy bitsy groups.

004nzc.jpg

001qii.jpg

Top would be my Ruger #1 in 220swift
2nd my Mossberg MVP in 223
3rd my custom mauser chambered in 25-06
All three have killed many groundhogs!

Originally Posted By: RePete

Couldn't prove it by me. The last build I did was a 222.
It's not my "favorite varmint rifle" though (I can't choose just one) but it rounds out my stable nicely and shoots 52SMK's into itsy bitsy groups.

004nzc.jpg

Darn Charlie, everytime I see that stock I think I may have to get one like that for my 222. I am going to have to load up some bulletss and shoot it, maybe mine will like those 52gr bullets too?

Howa 22-250
Burris XTR 6-24x50 (pic was before swapping the scope)
V-max 55gr over Varget - Incredibly accurate to well over 500yrds
DSCN0498.jpg

My 3 shot group at 405yrds
100_5276.jpg

I like the 204 Ruger but love the 788 22-250. And we all know the difference between like and love.

Last edited:
Thank You CS! I take that as a compliment. A lot of work went into getting this load just right. For a factory rifle, I couldn't be more pleased.

Originally Posted By: K9 StalkerThank You CS! I take that as a compliment. A lot of work went into getting this load just right. For a factory rifle, I couldn't be more pleased.

And it is...

... whackin' grass land puppies at 400+ is not a walk in the park.

I wish I could say that about every round I have sent over 400...but reality is reality. That group was a very memorable outing. Just glad I had a few friends with to celebrate a few extraordinary shots that day.

It's a toss up between my Savage LRPV 204 Ruger or my custom 223AI.

I just bought a custom 6SLR so that may be my new favorite!!
thumbup1.gif

copy that!

love it.....a fresh change from the usual paper target!

Originally Posted By: CatShooter
Now, THAT'S FUNNY...

Originally Posted By: K9 Stalker

My 3 shot group at 405yrds

100_5276.jpg

Originally Posted By: 1up5downI just bought a custom 6SLR so that may be my new favorite!!
thumbup1.gif

Is this your 6mm Dave or did you get something else and been holding out on me?

Dang, boy! You going all out to try and outshoot me next year in Wyoming, aintja?

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: RustydustOriginally Posted By: 1up5downI just bought a custom 6SLR so that may be my new favorite!!
thumbup1.gif

Is this your 6mm Dave or did you get something else and been holding out on me?

Dang, boy! You going all out to try and outshoot me next year in Wyoming, aintja?

grin.gif

Something else!! Was going to surprise you when it came in.
thumbup.gif

Back