What was your fist call you killed a predator with?

PS OLT 33....20 years ago!
w00t.gif
Damm Im getting old! I still dont have it, I wore that thing out and killed alot of fur with it...
grin.gif

Chad

First one called and killed was an Olt T20. Green and black closed reed. I'm not sure what is was supposed to sound like but I called a lot more Blacktail does than coyotes.

My Dad and I were out hunting I got out of the truck we walked up the road set up. My Dad handed me his Tally-ho. I must have been 11 or so 37 now. Seemed like seconds but I knowing what I know now it must have been about five minutes I called in the mangiest coyote I have every called. It was one of the most memoriable days I have had in the field.
Mike

I don't think I've ever killed one with a call before though I've probably made a few cringe (or laugh) when they heard my "Dying Small Animal With A Bad Cold" or "Broken Kazoo Suffering From Depression and In Distress" on hand calls.

Seriously, a friend's (I think) Johnny Stewart cassette tape caller was the first I/we used. Sounded terrible (sound clarity wise), all scratchy like an old 45 rpm record, but it worked.

Used a turkey diaphram call I had been practicing with for calling predators, on a cold snowy morning it didn't take 5 minutes one came in looking me right in the face, about 50 yds, he bit the dust---------I was hooked on coyote calling and rather hunt them than anything else---

Sometime during the winter of '73 or '74, was an old wooden call, either a mallardtone or lohman, that called in an upstate NY red fox, that never saw me hiding with my trusty 12 ga westernfield, complete with poly choke. Man, where have all the years gone?

sceery jack rabbit

second dog sceery cottontail.

Swear by the sceery for closed read production calls. They take very little air to power compared to say the haydells goverment caller.

Weems wild call for me, followed by a Johnny Stewart PC 1.

Currently, the Lohman's Cierce Variable tone green Plastic is a great call, I believe it is the MVP-3. The hoarse gravely sound is really something else out of this Lohman call, if they are still in business.

The frist coyote I ever got was with a Burnham bros hand call back in the 70's. I have been hook ever since.

Back