What was your fist call you killed a predator with?

jrbb00

What was the first call you called a cyote or bobcat up with and harveste.
Mine was in an open farm feild with a brush line using a cheap casett tape player and a loud horn off of a service truck that was given to me. Tape was a yellow hammered wood pecker can not remember the brand but it worked. Shot my yote with a remington 788 22-250 at nite with a spot light leagle here.
I can still visualize this hunt from 1996 like it was yesterday.

the red howler of Randy Andersons, was at my first stand ever behind my house and I couldn't make it howl to save my life. The sound I made was something like a fat lady stuck in the toilet. Coyote showed up fourty feet away and scared the poo out of me, I shot it with my shotgun after it turned to leave. Not really what I had envisioned from all the videos I was watching before going out.

My first coyote was called in with the little Johnny Stewart Attractor. Great call for the money. Called in several critters over the three years i had it.

Weems Wild Call, back in 1974. Shot it with a Remington 700 BDL in .243. Never saw it come in, all of a sudden it was just there at less than 100 yards. Switched to Sceery calls in about 1979 or '80 and had good luck with them before changing to the Crit'R Call open reed and that has been my go-to call ever since. I use both the standard and the pee-wee.

Mine was the primos little e-call. Did one howl and when I started the rabbit distress there he was. Shot him and picked up Randy Andersons Red howler and did some ki-yis. Another one showed up as soon as I set it down, dropped him too. First stand I ever tried. Havent been able to stop since!

Weems Wild Call from my old neighbor. I called in a pair of coyotes and killed the female with my 22 longrifle, right between the eyes. I was 14 and been hooked since.

Tony

i have got a bunch of hand calls and a foxpro fury but i start ever stand with a lip squeek from my own hand and have called in way more predators using my hand than i have any of the other calls.when i was young i didnt even know they had calls.my grandfather tought me the little hand trick when i was 5-6 years old and its been my fav call for years.he has been gone for many years and i think of him ever time i use it.

Maybe around 3 yrs ago.. Setup behind my house to do a night hunt with the Primos Hot Dog- 5 minutes of a female invitation mixed with ki-yi's and had one come running across the field around 100yds out. Very good night with a great call that I will Never forget
grin.gif

Mine was a Critter-Call, he came at run and I shot him at 15 feet with a .223. The look on my buddies face was priceless. That was 12 years ago now. That call is always in my pocket.

weems wildlife call ordered it out of fur fish and game.
wish i still had that one.
i've lost more calls then i own and i got a few
here is part of them
calls2.jpg

Back