What muzzleloader are you shooting??

misparkz

What are you guys shooting for black powder seasons? I'm looking to upgrade and it had been awhile since I've checked out the latest offerings. To my surprise there are guns from all the big names that interest me. I thought I wanted one of the LHR Redemptions until I actually went and fondled it. It just didn't feel right as much as I wanted it to.
The TC Prohunter FX shoulders great and I've always had TC's. The CVA Accura V2 was one of the surprises for me. Fits great and substantially less money. And the recall everyone talks about was 13yrs ago.

I'm trying to keep open mind and look at all the choices out there.

I have 3 muzzleloaders, all TC's the inline is an omega, and is great and I see no reason to change, and the flintlocks are both renegades. don't know if they even make them anymore, anyhow here we had the flintlock season long before the inline, and I like the renegade because of the sights on them. about the only iron sight on a rifle that works with my eyes anymore. probably no help if you are looking for the most modern stuff, but all I will ever need.
Barry

Originally Posted By: panhed and the flintlocks are both renegades. don't know if they even make them anymore,

I've owned several Renegades. All were percussion cap. Flintlock would be pretty neat.

Last edited:
tc pro hunter stainless fluted. Love this ML will never cheange. The savage would be worth a look at also in the 10 ML if you can find one then you can use smokeless powder just a thought.

I started out with the TC black diamond. It's a great shooting rifle but the new break opens are just easier. I looked at the pro hunter fx and the accura v2. I ended up with the accura v2. It just felt better and it's been a great shooter. Plus I liked the fact that it used stainless for the barrel still. The quick breach plug is nice too. It's easy to get out with just your fingers just like they say. Even after a lot of shots.

TC pro hunter 3x9 leupold tally rings. Have killed deer at 175 yards with it. Seems real dependable for me.

Here she is. Complete with Weaver Classic 3-9x38 with bent tube. When you look at tube/ocular, you can tell somethin' ain't "quite right". It hasn't affected a thing and hasn't lost zero ever..........

72E54FA8-2359-43B0-A0DC-121C1BC1CDD0-579-0000017176FB6045.jpg

I'm not sure what I did to it, but it has been hauled up/down a LOT of trees.

I dropped a 15 lb treestand on my 2.5x20. It bent the ocular and that scope NEVER moved even a hair off zero. I still can't believe I didn't even break the objective lens.

So you see, there is more than one reason why I think Weavers are a STEAL at the price point in which they sell. I would happily pay more for one........

Ken,
Thats one of those special edition serpentine scopes

While we don't have much in the way of muzzleloader seasons here in MT (I only know of one, a primitive river bottom license) I do hunt with a TC TRIUMPH Bone Collector from time to time as well as a 209x50 barrel for my Encore

My 2 good buds have Triumphs. One came with a Cabelas 3-10x44 or whatever it is, and the other has a Redfield Revolution on it..........

Knight Bighorn, Knight Disc, Winchester x-150, and a TC Black Diamond , all are 50 cal. I enjoy shooting all of them but my favorite is the Bighorn, got it on clearance a few years ago when GI joes was closing for $ 105 bucks, wish Id bought a few of them.

A couple years back I got out my Optima Pro to see if it was on before the season, I put 1 on paper at 100 yds about 2" high and 1/2" left of center I thought it was good, so I
fired another just to be sure, and could not see the hit.
I went and looked at the target no hit so I'm surprised something must have came loose. so I dropped 2 more 777 pellets down the tube another sabboted hollow point and sent another down range, and through the nocks looked like another clean miss, I went to investigate, that is when I noticed a notch cut out at the previous hole about 3/8" to the right.....3 bullets through the same hole at 100yds, I know it's a sub moa rifle but with those 3 lucky shots that day it was a 1/3 moa kick azz muzzle loader.
sorry but I'm sticking with that one until it breaks.

Back