Unethical?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with T-Bone, life is too short to waste in on a guy like that. Rest assured, the hunting gods are watching him. Your Karma will run over his Dogma.

I have hunted with Mr. P on my ground and he was a good guy. He didn't do anything that would stop me from letting him come up and hunt again. I learned a lot that day. It is unfortunate that this happened. I have very limited hunting partners because of stuff like this.

^^^^What Tbone & Mo said, Mr Popp.

You are 100% correct that you need to inform your ranchers of the underhanded dealings of your ex for two reasons.
1) They need to know of his lack of character.
2) To protect your good reputation when (not if) he steps out of line.

Having done that, the sooner you can put this fiasco behind you, the sooner you'll be a lot happier.

Just one more statistic proving there are a lot more horses @sses in the world than there are horses.

Regards,
hm

We are all here to share info and ideas. Unfortunately, there are guys who troll these boards who are only takers, not givers. They are only looking to pick us for all they can get and then move on. They are looking for a shortcut to success, and they feel the best way to do like the bees do-go to each flower and take a little nectar. A lot of people just do not have the same ethics. They see nothing wrong with their behavior, and that's what's most wrong about it. It's just the way the world is. I know a lot of people (and not just in hunting) who want to do things at someone elses expense. It's very wrong, and I'm sorry it happened to you. I'm even sorrier for the next guy you may not help, because of him. I have enjoyed your posts and have learned a lot about night hunting from them.

Originally Posted By: cmatera We are all here to share info and ideas. Unfortunately, there are guys who troll these boards who are only takers, not givers. They are only looking to pick us for all they can get and then move on. They are looking for a shortcut to success, and they feel the best way to do like the bees do-go to each flower and take a little nectar. A lot of people just do not have the same ethics. They see nothing wrong with their behavior, and that's what's most wrong about it. It's just the way the world is. I know a lot of people (and not just in hunting) who want to do things at someone elses expense. It's very wrong, and I'm sorry it happened to you. I'm even sorrier for the next guy you may not help, because of him. I have enjoyed your posts and have learned a lot about night hunting from them.

cmatera,

Do not let the misguidance of a few steer you away from what you love!

If you dig up an old post I had done awhile back. (What do you expect from a hunting partner)

You will see what the majority on this site have in common and expect from their partner, this guy has none of that and his true colors are showing for all to see.

I have invited these guys to hunt with me as I would love to take just about everybody out to see the wide open plains of Colorado where you can see a Coyote coming in from over a mile or less than 10 yards.

OGsix - Actually invited me to hunt in Nebraska with him/. Was a great time - Awesome country and the Coyotes reacted good at night and not so much during the day. He made us a wonderful Steak dinner and we shared good laughs with his father in law. We stayed at his FIL's house which was a pleasant surprise.

204ar - He came down from Nebraska which I believe was a 3-4 hour drive? Had a great time once again and we learned from each other. He missed a fairly easy shot (Ha Ha) and the day continued on nicely.

6724 - He drives down from the mountains which is maybe 3-5 hours to get here, he parked his truck in my driveway and I took care of the rest. He is a very good marksman and once again we learned from each other. He could have used a haircut though:)

3xwt - Man this guy can really shoot, he is a Special Ops kinda guy in the military, he sat still, had a rangefinder up to one eye the entire time scanning everything in front of him. He met us out there and I took care of the rest. Hopefully we can hook up after he is done with big game season.

I would hunt with these same guys all day every day and they know it!

Just because I had a guy that took total advantage of me for 5 years, my vehicles, my Polaris Ranger, my fuel and I guess you could say my ranches I am still open to taking new and old people, granted I am no expert but I do shoot my fair share of Coyotes.

I will not let ones misguided deeds put a damper on me wanting to take a newbie, oldie or somebody from a completely different region out to hunt.

I hope this helps........................

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: cmatera We are all here to share info and ideas. Unfortunately, there are guys who troll these boards who are only takers, not givers. They are only looking to pick us for all they can get and then move on. They are looking for a shortcut to success, and they feel the best way to do like the bees do-go to each flower and take a little nectar. A lot of people just do not have the same ethics. They see nothing wrong with their behavior, and that's what's most wrong about it. It's just the way the world is. I know a lot of people (and not just in hunting) who want to do things at someone elses expense. It's very wrong, and I'm sorry it happened to you. I'm even sorrier for the next guy you may not help, because of him. I have enjoyed your posts and have learned a lot about night hunting from them.

cmatera,

Do not let the misguidance of a few steer you away from what you love!

If you dig up an old post I had done awhile back. (What do you expect from a hunting partner)

You will see what the majority on this site have in common and expect from their partner, this guys has none of that and his true colors are showing for all to see.

I have invited these guys to hunt with me as I would love to take just about everybody out to see the wide open plains of Colorado where you can see a Coyote coming in from over a mile or 10 yards.

OGsix - Actually invited me to hunt in Nebraska with him/. Was a great time - Awesome country and the Coyotes reacted good at night and not so much during the day.

204ar - He came down from Nebraska which I believe was a 3-4 hour drive? Had a great time once again and we learned from each other

6724 - He drives down from the mountains maybe 3-5 hours to get here, he parked his truck in my driveway and I took care of the rest. He is a very good marksman and once again we learned from each other.

3xwt - Man this guy can really shoot, he is a Special Ops kinda guy in the military, he sat still, had a rangefinder up to one eye the entire time scanning everything. He met us out there and I too care of the rest.

I would hunt with these same guys all day every day and they know it!

Just because I had a guy that took total advantage of me for 5 years, my vehicle, my Polaris Ranger, my fuel and I guess you could say my ranches I am still open to taking people, granted I am no expert but I do shoot my fair share of Coyotes.

I will not let ones misguided deeds put a damper on me wanting to take a newbie or somebody from a completely different region out to hunt.

I hope this helps........................

Man, good for you! I've recently been putting effort into being more like this. It ain't easy but it is so much more peaceful when you can take an unfortunate experience as a loss and move on. You are obviously not an individual with the 'retaliation' mentality! And that is why you have had so many more positive experiences with people than negative!

I know what it's like to have someone stab ya in the back. But it is fairly new territory for me to just let it go and move on. I try to surround myself with positive people and that helps. Listen to inspiring/positive music and just take in the positive. Unfortunately, dysfunction will bear its ugly head from time to time, because hey, that's just reality! But the option is either to move on or get stuck in that dysfunction!

I commend you and you have already shown through your posts that you are the better man!!!

Mike

Last edited:
Greed in combo with being lazy. Guys do not want to put the time in scouting and knocking on doors and phone calls.

When you go in an kill a few animals, to some they had the hunt of a lifetime. Only common sense to expect them to go back there.

Human nature is that if you take a guy in on a ranch, you have some great hunts, he will be back without you, with his own buddies.

Hunt alone or hunt with a best long time friend only on "choice" ranches.

When there is a high pressure front in an area, I never hunt, I scout and knock on doors.

The Varmint Calling Associations are notorious for guys stealing each other's spots. If you are involved in Competitions, you had shore nuff be careful with who you take. This is the down side of predator hunting in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back