Unethical?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThomC-You're way off base here thinking Mr. P is in it for the $.

I've hunted with Mr. P in the past. He was far more than generous to me---in fact he showed me the ropes and let me kill a coyote less than 50 yards in front of him……. Although I haven't had the opportunity to hunt with him in some time, Mr. P continuously calls and checks on me as a friend (years after we hunted together). He's the real deal and the type of hunting partner I enjoy spending time with. I would hunt again with him any day!

ThomC-He's definitely not what you tried to allude to…...

Russ and Matt,
Thanks for the kind words!

Matt I am looking forward to seeing you after you finish Big Game season.

Russ,
Anytime brother!
You don't need to bring your rzr, I bought a Polaris Ranger 900, put a heater in it, added full doors with electric windows.

Ya know things are bad when the ex partner has to change his name on here. He don't post nearly as much these days.
rolleyes.gif

To me, it's two things, a lack of respect and being too lazy to do your own work. Sadly to say these type folk a far too common. Sorry to hear of your wows. There are fewer and fewer people these days that are worth their salt. The days when a man's word was his bond, and a handshake was better than a written contract are all but gone. Very few people even know what the "golden rule" is, much less live by it. IF, everyone treated others the way they wanted to be treated what a great world this would be. Seems to me, much of the population keep getting further away from values.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: weekenderTo me, it's two things, a lack of respect and being too lazy to do your own work. Sadly to say these type folk a far too common. Sorry to hear of your wows. There are fewer and fewer people these days that are worth their salt. The days when a man's word was his bond, and a handshake was better than a written contract are all but gone. Very few people even know what the "golden rule" is, much less live by it. IF, everyone treated others the way they wanted to be treated what a great world this would be. Seems to me, much of the population keep getting further away from values.

I wouldn't say it's laziness. Sounds like the guy is working very hard at snagging up the op's land that he has permission to hunt on.

Sometimes we can isolate ourselves, in a way, when we view people as dishonest and disingenuous. I honestly don't think that is the case. Some people just make very dumb decisions. I know I have.

Yes, the op has a lot of land to hunt! That's great! I'm sure he worked hard to secure the trust in the landowners. The accused should have done things a bit differently and asked the op if he would mind putting him in touch with a couple of ranchers. This would have turned out differently.

The type of people that act in this way have the 'payback'/'retaliation' mentality. They are the ones that will not get a quick response and start to form judgements in their head about you. Or they are the ones that take something you said out of context, and all of a sudden you become the enemy. Or you looked at them wrong! Haha! They're usually slightly delusional and are easy to spot early on.

w00t.gif

I had this situation happen on some fish trot lines. I took individual because fishing was good and teach him some things about fishing this way. Next thing I knew him and another guy were checking the trot lines and keeping the better fish. I confronted him about it and lets just say he never checked my lines again!!

That sucks!, Especially when you have to make the drive to the property and setup to waste time calling with no yotes showing up. Then find out a day or two before ex partner was hunting the same spot. After a few trips it's not worth it. Let land owner know, some may not care cuz they only want the critters gone. But it's a big waste of time to have non productive trips. If they still allow ex partner access let them know you won't be showing up anymore, it's a gamble and might cost you the property might not. Hard to know how the owner and the ex partner get along. Not everyone does things like that, but it's happening more and more. Keep in mind the landowner has a say in this, a simple "I already have someone taking care of my critter problem" could put this to an end. If your ex partner had some ethics the whole matter would not be an issue, he hunts the properties he secured permission on, and you hunt the properties you secured permission and that is that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeYa know things are bad when the ex partner has to change his name on here. He don't post nearly as much these days.
rolleyes.gif

Tim,

Too my knowledge he has at a minimum 2, maybe 3 aliases on this site.

That right there should tell everybody something!

I know quite a few of the members here had him figured out long ago, you being one of them.

One of his profiles hasn't been opened since September 9th. I am sure he has read this post!

I left a message for one of the ranchers via text message asking if he had seen this person, he said no but he stopped at the house a couple of weeks ago and talked with his wife. She gave him permission after he told her this-
Your father in law gave me permission before he died. This gentleman unfortunately passed away from cancer a couple of years ago. He was one of the first ranchers I had met and loved talking to him, he would show me all his guns and some of his sons guns. I was sad to see him go, he was a very nice man. Here is how this person met the rancher.
One late afternoon we stopped by to say hello to this rancher. He showed us his dead pile and a few of the Coyotes he had shot from it with his ,,"cool new night set up" it gets dark and we head down the road to night hunt about 1/2 mile North of his house. I shoot 1 of the 2 Coyotes that came in, we searched and couldn't find it.

Do you see anywhere in this story where this rancher gave him permission? Nope! He was Huning with me on a ranch I have a relationship with for 15 years now. He will be receiving a phone call from the son of this man. It wasn't very nice to swindle the deceased mans daughter in law.
Should be very interesting to say the least.

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: crapshootShould of signed a prenup.

lol.gif

I thought it was funny.
blink.gif

All public land here. No such thing as "my spot" or ethics for that matter. Still the wild wild West.

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: crapshootShould of signed a prenup.

lol.gif

I thought it was funny.
blink.gif

All public land here. No such thing as "my spot" or ethics for that matter. Still the wild wild West.

Would you be interested in adopting a 39 year old?

Originally Posted By: Bad DawgOriginally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: crapshootShould of signed a prenup.

lol.gif

I thought it was funny.
blink.gif

Would you be interested in adopting a 39 year old?

Absolutely!! Unless your name is XXX.

I have taken out many people and they have had a great time!

My girlfriend is from Michigan, you should fit right in!

Hahaha! Nope, not an XXX but a Mike! I may take you up on that sir! She's not from Detroit is she? If that's the case I wouldn't make her mad if I were you!

Has there ever been a coyote hunting segment on the Jerry Springer Show ? If not I see the making of it... Jerry ! Jerry....... !
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeHas there ever been a coyote hunting segment on the Jerry Springer Show ? If not I see the making of it... Jerry ! Jerry....... !
lol.gif

XXX comes out "I didn't try to take your land Pops!".......Pops gives him a left hook and follows it with a whooping uppercut then a knee to the noots! Jerry tries to break it up and gets a chair to the face! Mr pops has one foot on his prey while standing there howling while beating on his chest! The crowd goes berserk!!

I can see it!

Bad dawg,

I have invited many people and I am not afraid to have people come out and see the wide open plains of Colorado.

All you need to do is get here!

I will take care of the rest..........

I think she is from Lancaster??
Her sister lives in Gibraltar.

The only point that really matters is that the connections were made by Pops. Then a man he invited to hunt with him tries to take those connections for his own.
He and anyone else can knock on doors and develop relationships with land owners, but if you got your foot in the door because of someone else, go make your own connections.

Funny how it is always one sided. I have taken numerous people out coyote hunting, or elk hunting. Showed them where, how to hunt it, and what the behavior of the animals usually is. How many of them have ever taken me to a spot they "discovered". Answer, one.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisBad dawg,

I have invited many people and I am not afraid to have people come out and see the wide open plains of Colorado.

All you need to do is get here!

I will take care of the rest..........

I think she is from Lancaster??
Her sister lives in Gibraltar.

Well Mr. Pops that is one heck of a generous invite. I honestly will give that some thought.

I just sent the perpetrator a text.

Xxx,
The fact that you are visiting ranches I introduced you to is despicable!
Not informing people of our split or using my name as your "In" is unethical. You blatantly lied to Mrs. xxxxxxxxxx saying her father in law gave you permission before he passed away!
You had NO previous knowledge OR relationship with any of the ranchers until you met me!!
I am quickly and happily contacting each and every ranch, bringing them up to speed as you are quickly finding out.
Word of you is now spreading like wildfire throughout the ranching community I have a relationship with and more.
Save yourself the embarrassment, stay in Wyoming and hunt the ranches you, your son and xxxx have gained permission on.

I will be contacting each and every ranch until I am done!

Hopefully he reads it and takes it to heart, he only knew these ranchers because of me, my foot was already in the door.

Update of the ranches he just "gained" by using my name as his "in" and casually forgetting to mention that I kicked him to the curb.

He is being contacted by ranchers via text message;-)

Ranches and their acreage he had access for a week and now gone!!
Possibly 55 sections (640acres per section)

He may get a few small acreage but I will make sure I have everything around it.

Slowly but surely I will contact each and every ranch by the end of Sunday.

I get why and what you are doing..

I just hope that after you finish this, you can move on and let it go. Not for him, but for yourself.

Your basically going through a bad breakup. As someone that is an expert in finding myself in that situation, i will say that it's often hard, and you are not the person you were before. While i appreciate that you are mad, and should clear the situation up with the ranchers that may think your still a pair, after that, I hope you take a break and let it cool. (for your own happiness) Your a good guy, and sometimes those that know us, need to say something when we start to drift from the person that we are when we are not angry.

Well said Tbone!

I am done airing out my issues with this scoundrel on this matter here on PM.

I will however continue to contact all of the ranches and get him booted off every single one of them!

He should have known better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back