TURKISH HOGS ( WILD BOARS ) !!!!!!

I would pass on going after doublecheese's boars in the fog and rain without a tank with a mini-gun, way too much can happen...
w00t.gif

This is a screenshot from a video we took during putting corn on our baiting points.

dD4mfD.png

As you can see on the picture the road is a stony village road and both sides of the road are heavy forest. When we go to the baiting points, we park the car about 500-600 yds away and walk all the way to the bait in complete darkness and total silence. Sometimes we wear thick socks over our shoes to prevent noise coming from the stones on the road.

Normally when we cross the final turn the boar should be there eating his corns and we take a shot at about 100-150yds.

So in such dense forest a bear could be anywhere and just pop into our way while we walk and attack. This is why we did not risk it and cancelled the hunt due to heavy fog.

We will go there again in 2 weeks time
smile.gif

There are some other places where I hunt where there are loads of open fields, then we would not worry about the bears and fog too much

Last edited:

Doublecheese,

I'm just curious. How much would a good hog hunt cost there? I mean, the hunt, lodging, food, everything etc. if a guy from the US wanted to hunt there.

I have really enjoyed your post. Those are some awesome hogs, and your stories, photos and descriptions have been very enlightening.

Hi 6mm06

Let me briefly explain....

First of all, night hunting is NOT allowed in Turkey. However as long as you get a permit from the Hunting Association then you can hunt at nights no problem, but there must be an officer present at all times to control that we only shoot non-game... The officer usually only waits for us in the truck , he does not follow us around. So we are kind of free while hunting.

We can also hunt at nights without permits for free but then if we get caught hunting, we will be in some trouble.

For the legal night hunts there are usually 3 price rates..

1) Local Hunter rates
2) Nation wide rate
3) Foreigners rates

I will come to the rates in a while, now let me explain the type of hunt we make.

1) Baiting
2) Stalking
3) Driven hunts ( during day time )

Driven Hunt: A driven hunt is where dogs and beaters chasing the hogs towards 12 well positioned hunters (us) and we shoot everything that comes towards our stand. This is typical European type of hog hunting. This one is cheaper about 1000$ per weekend includes everything once we come to hunting area including hotel.

Stalking: mainly in Summer, locating the wild boars in the fields and shooting them. By stalking it is NOT guaranteed that you will get a trophy sized tusks. You shoot what ever you see. This is also not very expensive.

Baiting: mainly in Autumn-Winter-Spring
This hunts is made by professional guides and a hunting agency. Their job is to find Big Wild Boars and lead us to them by baiting. With baiting you are guaranteed to shoot Wild Boars Trophy size tusks between 22-30cm , 30 cm is 12 inches as far as I remember.

Turkey is the Heaven for Trophy sized tusks and huge wild boars. Turkish hogs are very famous amongst Europe and every year mainly German, Swiss, English, Italian, Dutch hunters come to shoot their dream Wild Boar as well as huge Red deers, Bezoar Ibex and Anatolian Sheep.

Since there is huge demand the cost of trophy sized wild boars is not cheap.

Usually a German hunter pays about 1500-2000 Euro per Trophy Sized Wild boar and they shoot about between 5 to 10 per hunt. And a total of about 1000 Euro for baiting and all preparations. A hunt lasts about 3-4 nights and this cost includes all lodging, food, guides, baiting costs etc. In short all costs while you are at the hunting area.

We as Turkish hunters pay about 500$ per wild boar and about 1000$ for baiting and all preparations.

However I have friend who owns a Hunting Agency Outfitter and he gives me very good prices, he told me lately to help him promote his new hunting area by bringing my foreign friends (which is you and hunters like you) and he would offer them the same price as I would be paying.

Turkey has also huge Red Deers as well as very nice Bezoar Ibex for anybody interested. We shoot alot of Jackals (like coyotes) at nights too.

So if any if you is interested and serious about hunting in Turkey , let me know.

Last edited:

Doublecheese,

Thank you so much for taking time to explain the costs of the various hunts.

No doubt your place is the place to go for trophy class hogs. The experience alone, of hunting another country, would be something to remember.

Do I understand correctly that there is a trophy fee for a boar and then there is the cost of accommodations? Or, is the TOTAL price for baiting only $1,000 Euro which includes all accommodations?

I just now did a currency conversion online. If a trophy boar might cost 2,000 Euro and another 1,000 for accommodations, the price is quite expensive, and that doesn't include air fair to get there. Looks like 3,000 Euro currently is about $3,754 US dollars.

On the other hand, if 1,000 Euro is for everything, boar and accommodations, then the price is not as bad at roughly $1,251 US.

I personally would love to do it, but I guess for now it's just a dream, but maybe others might be interested.

Again, thank you for your time. Keep up the great posts and photos, and best wishes.

Regards.

David

Euro € prices are regular prices that European hunters pay.

USD $ price is what we pay as locals.

But since a friend rented this new hunting area from the government, he is gonna let me and my friends use it for much cheaper so that we help him promote his new hunting area and he can use our hunts as a reference for his future customers.

In short we will pay even less than what we locals do normally pay !!! This means anybody comes with me will also pay the same least amount.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SkyPupI wanna GO!!!
thumbup.gif

Yew ain't dah onliest one Bruddah.... LOL

That would be something totally new and exciting!

$bob$

Tell me when you guys are available and let's make a hunting tour. Bring your wives for sight seeing and shopping also. Istanbul is one of the greatest cities in the world. About 14-15 million live there
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: doublecheeseTell me when you guys are available and let's make a hunting tour. Bring your wives for sight seeing and shopping also. Istanbul is one of the greatest cities in the world. About 14-15 million live there
smile.gif

I'd love to but getting any more than a morning off to hunt or a late evening with the night vision gear is almost too much to ask for me. I'm jes a working stiff so it might be YEARS before I could take the time to travel out of the country for a hunt.

Being stationed in Germany I will be keeping in contact with you. I already talked to the wife and have the ok once I save up the funds.

Ok, the plan is to meet here for the Wild Boar hunt of a life time.

In the mean time I have been kind of busy. Since the driven hunt season has opened I have been attending driven wild boar hunts as well as night baiting hunts lately.

In driven hunts, there are dogs and beaters who try to chase the wild boars into our direction and as soon as we spot the running hogs we shoot them. This is a rather difficult hunt all hogs are running away from the dogs and the beaters and there are lots of vegetation around.

Here are some more pics. The bottom 3 pictures are from a Wild Boar with almost 29cm tusks (almost a foot long) and it scored a 128.9 C.I.C points. This point is the officially 5th or 6th highest score in Turkey . ( However this score only within the ones that had been measured officially and added to the record book. There are alot of tusks have not been officially measured)

snfwz0.jpg

VpwZuM.jpg

ZNPirj.jpg

GjZsw6.jpg

6x6iVA.jpg

RrigCg.jpg

w51lfr.jpg

s3zxrN.jpg

dsreC6.jpg

I will be in Houston TX between 9th and 15th Dec with my wife.

I am planning to attend a Heli hunt or a night hog Hunt , and I already spoke with some outfitters but it seems that they are busy due to buck season .

Anybody know where I can attend a Heli Hunt or a Night Hunt in TX between those dates ?

Last edited:
As many guys as we have here that hunt in Texas, SURELY one will come forward and offer to take you with them. Good luck to you and have a safe trip!

Hi guys

I am around for sure , the thing is the Driven Hunt for wild boars has started in Europe in October and I am attending driven hunts everyweek.

Only last week we shot 95 wild boars in two days.

I am too busy hunting now these days and it's only 2 weeks before the season ends.

I will post pictures later on.

Here are 2 youtube videos of a wild boar driven hunt and a Balkan Chamois hunt just 2 weeks ago.

Back