This Is extremely Dangerous To Our Republic

civil war? there will never be another civil war.

the next generation will not have the fortitude to partake in any wars. they cant even change a flat tire.

dang sure might need to learn Arabic, Russian or Chinese though. or just all gather together in their safe spaces.

Maybe or you may be watching the news too much.

My soft a$$ has been kicked through the air by a clydesdale and no joke about 3 seconds later that horse regretted it and a few seconds after that I had that same hoof back in my lap with a perfectly behaved horse for the rest of the trim.

I've got a millennial friend that used to fight in local golden gloves and travel to some MMA fights. I've got a couple millennial friends that have been through Iraq and Afghanistan. As for changing tires I've got a younger friend that has one of his work trucks in about 100 different pieces right now to replace the turbo and intercooler and all his friends custom build mud trucks. And all this from MN that's considered a blue state. 95% or so are gun owners too, we hunt hard, travel miles and sleep in no more than a sleeping bag all year. Me and half my friends are self employed because we're sick of working for greedy lying corporations.

There's been hardasses and tarts for all of time, even when there were knights in shining armor you could find a tart with makeup and a wig on.

I see what's on TV and I know city kids are soft but I have a real hard time matching up what's in the media with what's happening in my life. We may be soft but I haven't run into anything hard enough to keep me down, nor avoided anything that may be able to.

It's a shame youth is wasted on the young as they are just too dang stupid to appreciate it. I guess they are too busy blaming the older generation for all their misgivings. I feel sorry for the younger generation as they lack the balls to change our society for the better as again, they are too busy blaming others that came before them for everything. I didn't blame my Dad for the state of things I experienced as I was growing up but instead I accepted the challenge to effect necessary changes to better my living status as I got older. I bet my Dad didn't blame his Dad for the very same reasons. Life is like a river. You can't touch the same water twice as it has passed never to return, the same as minutes of your life. Make the most of your life and appreciate every day that God has granted you instead of crying that somebody else has spoiled it for you. Be a man.

Yeah, well when you're 15 and get in a fist fight in school and literally arrested by the police, is that the kids fault for the policy?

I normally don't blame anything on anybody around me but when it comes to politics things were a long time coming. I hope I can do something about it but it started long before I could do anything about it, long before I even knew what was going on around me.

And I don't blame everyone before me. The generation that beat the British were amazing, the generation that built this county was amazing, my grandparents that beat the Japanese and Nazi's were amazing. After that complete brainwashing, the military industrial complex Eisenhower warned of took over, NATO, then the flower power and Vietnam bog happened and then the ridiculous war on drugs and war on terror, I was trying to figure out how to use a toilet when Bush senior was talking about a new world order.....

You want to know the funny part of this? 50 years from now when you're old and useless (like us old folks now) there's going to be some smartarse punk blaming you for all his troubles in life, the sad part is us old folks won't be around to chuckle about it.

Originally Posted By: Tnslimthe sad part is us old folks won't be around to chuckle about it.

i will be around slim. i am coming back as a coyote and i will be getting even with some folks.
smile.gif

Keep in mind, for me at least, I've only been old enough to vote for 14 years, the war on terror was already in full swing.

How long have you guys been voting? And who are you blaming for our current state? Who should be a man and except responsibility for how things have played out?

Your parents achieved great feats and left your with a very sturdy country, making you very complacent and easy to take advantage of.

I even looked up complacent on Dictionary.com, I got a pretty funny result.

Originally Posted By: Dictionarycomplacent

adjective

pleased, especially with oneself or one's merits, advantages, situation, etc., often without awareness of some potential danger or defect; self-satisfied:

The voters are too complacent to change the government.

Here's an example of a father going in to talk to their kid's principal about allowing an anti gun walk out. I admit it's a poor video but do you think this principal was a millennial? Do you think the people who planned this were millennials?

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerHow long have you guys been voting? And who are you blaming for our current state? Who should be a man and except responsibility for how things have played out?

Well said. Constantly millennials are being propped up as the future death of the country, but I'm still waiting to hear what the older generations did that were so great when it came to policy.

I was born in late 1984. Since I've been able to vote I've seen all of three presidents in office. I can also tell you far more about the constitution and the bill of rights than my parents or grandparents ever could. If anything, these next two generations will be smarter and more knowledgable than our parents before us, because we seemingly care more about changing the status quo than succumbing to it.

Originally Posted By: TnslimIt's a shame youth is wasted on the young as they are just too dang stupid to appreciate it. I guess they are too busy blaming the older generation for all their misgivings. I feel sorry for the younger generation as they lack the balls to change our society for the better as again, they are too busy blaming others that came before them for everything. I didn't blame my Dad for the state of things I experienced as I was growing up but instead I accepted the challenge to effect necessary changes to better my living status as I got older. I bet my Dad didn't blame his Dad for the very same reasons. Life is like a river. You can't touch the same water twice as it has passed never to return, the same as minutes of your life. Make the most of your life and appreciate every day that God has granted you instead of crying that somebody else has spoiled it for you. Be a man.

Maybe that's why we are where we are today. No one has looked back and said, "Wow, they really messed up."

Looking back, the whole way back to 1900, generation after generation failed to maintain any sense of republic. So, yes, we CAN blame past generations. Do you know why? Because it's THEIR fault. Does that mean we're going to sit around kicking and screaming and crying? Nope. It means we can analyze what should've been done to better our life today, and we can move ahead accordingly.

We've been raised with the terms history repeats itself, voting is important, etcetera. If we never look back and call out mistakes, then we can never learn. Sorry, but I didn't vote the Clintons into power. Those were the doings of the older folks.

I guess I have to admit that I did vote for one of the candidates that was on the ballot in every case.
I think my generation would say they would have liked to elect better people.

I for one will be more that happy for your generation to elect better people.

I have to ask though why you are not doing so already. You seem to vote for the people on the ballot just like we do.

My 21 yo grand son came to me with a plan recently.
He thought I could just let him log all the woods I own then use that money to buy me out of all my land and machinery.
He would then be a farmer.
Bless his young heart.If that would work I would do it.
Things seem so simple in the planning stage.

I sometimes wonder if the media is bashing on millennials so much because we are the ones they actually fear, we are the angry ones and we are the ones that can do something about it, older generations are just leaning back in their lazyboys and saying "well it was a good ride chaps".

Not to mention the skill a lot of us has to offer, I dont know if it's because we got so much access to the internet or what but me and my friends have A LOT of skills. From hitting a target at 1200 yards to rebuilding an engine or even making homemade soap or growing edible algae, I love my parents but they really don't know much more than what they did for a living, they are happy, successful, retired and in a very cozy spot right now but when it comes to my family and my friends and neighbors in their age group they have much less skills than me and my younger friends. They've done their job their whole life and if they needed something done they hired a professional to take care of things for them. We have grown up seeing people spending many tens of thousands to get a fancy little plaque on the wall so they can call themselves professional but still screwing things up. Me and a millennial friend have literally built barns and a whole successful horse ranch, half of it with a saw mill and logs and at the same time my buddy was going through flight school to be a flight instructor. Some of this millennial bashing is likely just a media ploy.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistI have to ask though why you are not doing so already. You seem to vote for the people on the ballot just like we do.

This is what Rock Knocker is talking about. Everything is coming to a head, but the old timers just keep saying how we're a bunch of sissies and can't do anything. They're completely out of touch with the entirety of the U.S., and constantly use a broad brush to paint everyone younger them. To be fair, I'm doing the same with the older generation, but many are proving the point quite well. Mainly, no one wants to take responsibility for what they've done. Including older people. My parents generation has created the millennials. So, if you're in your 50's, blame yourself. It's easy to blame the schools and colleges, but ultimately parents are responsible for their children's fundamental learning at a very early age.

Anyways, there are too many people listening to the talking heads. I'll give a prime example. Fox News, or Faux News, claimed to be all for the constitution and patriots and had talking heads on there who exclaimed the same. Yet, the last Obama re-election, instead of propping up Ron Paul, who did they prop up? McCain. Fox News watchers soaked that up like sponges soak up water. A communist in disguise is who they chose over a true republican. Why? Ignorance and laziness.

So, while we try to vote in better candidates, until everyone is educated, it's impossible to do so. Ron Paul had college kids around the U.S. riled up and in support of him his last run. The older folks, however, were watching Fox News, and voting accordingly.

You think you are angry now just wait forty years.

Really I wish younger folks the best of luck and much success.
Believe it or not thats all us old folks ever wanted.

Speaking for myself if I had known where the first liberal was I would have done something.

It's good to know that things are going to get taken care of.
If it helps to blame me for things I didn't get done then I am happy to shoulder the blame.

We will be gone soon.
Then you will be the old folks.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistYou think you are angry now just wait forty years.

Really I wish younger folks the best of luck and much success.
Believe it or not thats all us old folks ever wanted.

Speaking for myself if I had known where the first liberal was I would have done something.

It's good to know that things are going to get taken care of.
If it helps to blame me for things I didn't get done then I am happy to shoulder the blame.

We will be gone soon.
Then you will be the old folks.

Don't think we don't know this. They're already saying 30 is the new mid-life-crisis age. When there's no stability in anything, it's hard to become complacent. Our job market is questionable, the stocks were questionable, we watch older folks work until they're almost dead with no retirement or pension, so our future is quite bleak.

One thing I've noticed is that, in my experience, it's 1 in every 10 people aged 40+ who actually votes. Now, I'm talking about people I know. Not statistics. The majority of 40+ year old people think it's all rigged anyways. So, there's one thing I CAN say and that's that I've contacted my representatives when I feel it's necessary, I've voted every chance I get, and I've taught my sons about the importance of freedom and what freedom actually means. It doesn't mean you're entitled a house and an SS check every month. It means you have every right to fail or succeed in this life, on your own, as long as you're not impeding another person's rights.

However, explaining any of this to my parents is impossible. Example: they're socking away thousands of dollars to give to my children when they graduate high school. Their reasoning? No one gave them anything. This is the generation that created the millennials. My kids don't NEED money handed to them. They need to learn and see what it's like to work for it.

EDIT: Just to touch base on the way I grew up. For YEARS in high school I had my parents and teachers and counselors all cramming the idea of college down my throat. I didn't want to go to college. I hated school. I'd make it on my own, which I did. However, the majority of my classmates grew up thinking if you go to college, then you get a good job. It's what they were told their WHOLE lives! Now, my parents generation wonder why these college kids want [beeep] handed to them. Why do you think that is? You all told them they were GUARANTEED a good paying job!

This is why, as Rock Knocker pointed out, my generation has a vast array of skills. Those of us who didn't buy into that line of [beeep] have been learning skill after skill after skill. I'm a project manager. A paper pusher. Guess what? I can build things, fix cars, finish carpentry work, paint, design blueprints, do landscaping, etcetera. Why? Because I know these are skills I need to become diversified, not in my investments, but in my abilities to make employers more interested in hiring me if need be.

Last edited:
A lot of this media bashing the millennials I am starting to believe is because they fear us, just like they fear gun owners. They want everyone to believe gun owners are crazy loose cannons that can't be trusted, and now millennials are the generation that has given up on the popular media, they can't control us as well so they want people to think we are whimpering idiots scared of our own shadows. These are the two groups that are the most difficult to control, and the two groups that are bashed the most. We are the ones questioning if some towel heads with box cutters actually took down the world trade center, why there was thermite residue found in the rubble, we also are the ones questioning if all these high profile shootings are actually going the way they tell us they are going. We're questing why in the heck is this devid hog, the poster child of the recent Florida shooting is seen on the news in California a year before he is all over the news saying he is from Florida.

I could take me and 4 friends and combined we would have at least a dozen different professions covered, from building homes, training horses, farrier and vet, flying planes, gun smithing, growing food and live stock, understanding wild edibles, building electronics, mathematics and engineering, hydraulics, welding, landscaping and wall building, cement pouring, fabricating and machining, beekeeping, logging and milling, fixing cars and tractors to turning half ton trucks into 800-1000hp sedan crushing machines. I don't know all millennials but the ones I do know are absolutely nothing you will hear about on popular media.

I used to be a machinist and welder, now I work at barns but even this computer I am typing on is a liquid cooled high tech electronic I built out of parts, just like a couple of my sub MOA rifles or my beautiful 70lb longbow I carved out of an osage log and I could still take a truck load of fire wood and another truck full of road kill and I could make enough soap to keep a small town clean for a month or two.

We are giving up on the media, giving up on big companies and advertising same with pharmaceuticals and that scares the crap out of them. Me and the only people I know that don't own televisions are millennials. The past 60-70 years is when Hollywood and corporations made an incredibly vast amount of wealth and power off the population and they were treated like they were essential and harmless parts of a healthy civilization, we are now starting to understand that's not the case, they are making the rich richer and the poor poorer and destroying the planet.

I think what we are seeing in this thread is "A failure to communicate"! If Flesh Eater and Rock Knocker are saying that common sense, creativity, ingenuity, and a strong work ethic are values they ascribe to members of the millennial generation then I will begin self identifying as a millennial. But,those are attributes that most 'old farts' like myself would not place in the same paragraph with the term 'millennial generation'. Snowflake is a better adjective in my opinion.I will draw the line though if someone infers that I am one of those damed free-thinkers!

Originally Posted By: ADKI think what we are seeing in this thread is "A failure to communicate"! If Flesh Eater and Rock Knocker are saying that common sense, creativity, ingenuity, and a strong work ethic are values they ascribe to members of the millennial generation then I will begin self identifying as a millennial. But,those are attributes that most 'old farts' like myself would not place in the same paragraph with the term 'millennial generation'. Snowflake is a better adjective in my opinion.I will draw the line though if someone infers that I am one of those damed free-thinkers!

What we're saying is that you're all lumping millennials into one idea. I was born in 1984, man, apparently the first year for these twats. In no way, shape, or form do I reflect a millennial, but alas, I'm one.

A "millennial," as portrayed in the media, probably makes up 5% of the actual population. Just like your generation had its pansies, we have ours.

Here's an awesome video of a Second Amendment supporting millennial lady pointing out how stupid an anti gun baby boomer politician is.....
crazy.gif
Given the current attitude I just don't understand how this could be so. She also mentions Donut Operator, another millennial veteran and Second Amendment supporting youtuber. In fact as shown in this video also it seems to be a trend that baby boomers are the ones destroying THEIR OWN RIFLES and posting videos, did I mention complacency?

Youtube videos may mean very little but they do mean something, even Demolition Ranch has almost as many followers as NRA has members, he is another millennial yourtuber and most his supporters are likely the same age and younger.

It's good that some younger people are getting back to doing things for themselves.
Thats the way it used to be for everyone.

Such progress has been made in the last fifty years. Lots of really good things have happened.
There is no reason the old good things have to be forgotten.

Most of the young people I come in contact with I could teach a lot of things that I have learned to do in my life but they could not care less.(I am glad they don't have to do the things I did to get by but it wouldn't hurt to know how)

Some day they will push a button and nothing will happen.I don't know what the plan is at that point.One young man told me he would just use his phone because it's wireless.Right. That will work.
Some young people are on the ball but too many don't have the slightest clue what makes this grand communication work.

I think too many of them are buying the liberal tripe.

IMO probably less than 5% of today's youth would survive if the electric grid collapsed as they would have absolutely no clue how to make it without a working phone. How many of today's young folks know how to can foods.....very few probably. Grow a garden, no way. How many have disaster plans ready? 5% is probably being generous. Farm kids would have the best chance but city dwellers where the vast majority of kids live would be in deep poopoo.

Back