Thermal Units Competing with FLIR?

Originally Posted By: MPHWhen will the prices drop on models like the FLIR PS-32 and Pulsar 19 so more folks can enjoy this awesome technology? Or, will prices increase?

I got one of the very first FLIR PS-32s available to civilians when they first came out and it has been going strong and used all the time for years now even though I got one of the first FLIR LS-64s when they first came out 2 years ago to supplement it.

Now I ordered the new LS-XR from TNVC to supplement my LS-64 and PS-32. None of mine will be for sale anytime soon, they are used constantly.

FLIR, don't leave home without it at night....

HK%20Hog2.jpg

Flir%20T70%20Coyote%20Color%20Pic.jpg

T70%20Coyote.jpg

T70%20Coyote2a.jpg

HK5%203%20Hogs.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupNow I ordered the new LS-XR from TNVC to supplement my LS-64 and PS-32.

I just got a LS-64 to try out until the LS-XR is available. I have used it some and I really like it. I am thinking I will stick with FLIR.

Jaimie at TNVC let me know my LS-XR should be shipping out first week in March, looking forward to the new high resolution LCD viewer and the upgraded 2.72 TAU II firmware/software image processing improvements.

The LS-64 has been my mainstay for over two years now, really have laid waste to hundreds and hundreds of vermin with it all year round.

The FOV, InstAlert and 8X zoom is hard to beat at night, not to mention the best customer service in the business.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThe FOV, InstAlert and 8X zoom is hard to beat at night, not to mention the best customer service in the business.

Agreed...InstAlert is real handy.....but I really like the infinite zoom mode.

Heck you can buy a HD19A for around $1800 if you shop around. That's a 384 core, AA battery's, and very good performance that just a couple years ago would cost you around 10 grand to match the performance . The FLIR MS24 can be picked up for less than $1700 online also. Heck I remember looking at 160 core units for 5000-7000 grand seems like yesterday!

Originally Posted By: Shurshotgood to know Vic. I know it's not the end of the month yet, but any word on the DVR yet by chance?

VERY close. We are awaiting our pouches to get sewn up. No made in China stuff here.
smile.gif

Vic

Originally Posted By: Phantom223 Same here, I've been looking for a new 640 core scanner myself. I would really like a 2X optical lens model 640 scanner, but at the Patrols price point its something I've been thinking real hard about.

I'm also looking for a 640 with 2x or 3x capabilities.

Originally Posted By: family guyOriginally Posted By: Phantom223 Same here, I've been looking for a new 640 core scanner myself. I would really like a 2X optical lens model 640 scanner, but at the Patrols price point its something I've been thinking real hard about.

I'm also looking for a 640 with 2x or 3x capabilities.

After using a FLIR LS64 the last few days I am thinking the new LS-XR unit will be the one for me. If the specs I see are correct it has an 18 degree FOV which in my opinion is a huge consideration in a scanning unit. Keep in mind that the more you increase the optical magnification the more you will decrease the FOV. Since the unit is designed for target acquisition it makes sense that a wider view at any given distance will increase your chances of finding the target. After that digital zoom should assist with ID.

The red instAlert mode and the E zoom are nice features also with the FLIR unit. With E zoom you can fine tune the zoom instead of having to go with a fixed step.....2x,4x etc. The LS-XR will digitally zoom up to 8x.

We have pre orders on the new IR Patrols. The 100 and 100C models will be released in March and the other models in April.

is it possible with the 100 to fit an adaptor to it, so it can be helmet mounted ?

I am not interested in video, and it seems like a lot of money for the 250 only to mount it on my face.

any feedback on this, and the recoil rating on the other IR patrol monoculars the 300 or using the 250 or 100 as a clip on

Originally Posted By: Tom L
any feedback on this, and the recoil rating on the other IR patrol monoculars the 300 or using the 250 or 100 as a clip on

I have talked to a few people about this and my assumption is that these units are so new that recoil testing has not been done. I have a FLIR T70 clip on that is recoil rated to 50 BMG (even though its for sale) and I am more interested in a handheld scanning unit and switching to dedicated thermal scopes.

Originally Posted By: Tom L

We have pre orders on the new IR Patrols. The 100 and 100C models will be released in March and the other models in April.

is it possible with the 100 to fit an adaptor to it, so it can be helmet mounted ?

I am not interested in video, and it seems like a lot of money for the 250 only to mount it on my face.

You have pre-ordered and paid for two of the new IR Patrol monoculars and are not aware of of how to use them or their accessories?

This does not make much sense unless I somehow have misunderstood what you wrote?

Originally Posted By: SkyPupOriginally Posted By: Tom L

You have pre-ordered and paid for two of the new IR Patrol monoculars and are not aware of of how to use them or their accessories?

This does not make much sense unless I somehow have misunderstood what you wrote?

I haven't pre ordered anything, that was just a quote from TNVC above my questions,
I spoke with and held the IR mark 2 scope last week at an outdoor show
was told at that time that the scope was rated for 50 cal. just curious about the rating of the monocular and if it can be helmet mounted

Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatAny word on if FLIR will ever make a hotshoe for the PS32?

Most likely will not be happening since the new Scout II PS-32 has USB video out.

Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatAny word on if FLIR will ever make a hotshoe for the PS32?

there is one available from Romania made on a digital printer for $85 but it is not made by Flir. But it does work if you really want one. Or you could make one yourself for a few dollars.

Originally Posted By: Tom LI haven't pre ordered anything, that was just a quote from TNVC above my questions,
I spoke with and held the IR mark 2 scope last week at an outdoor show
was told at that time that the scope was rated for 50 cal. just curious about the rating of the monocular and if it can be helmet mounted

I am curious to know who said the scope was rated for 50 cal?

If you will look at the IR Defense website it shows you all of the helmet and weapon mount options. Google????

http://www.irdefense.com/irp-main-price.html

Back