So Lets see some Groups

Originally Posted By: reb8600Here are some 5 shot groups from my Predator Pursuit. Makes me wish I hadnt sold it.
RRAtarget.jpg

the left bottom corner sure looks like more than a 5 shot group!

You can come shoot my predator pursuit if you would like.

Last edited:
I have posted this group a few times earlier but its one of my favorites. A 20 round magazine through one hole at 100 meters from my modified RRA Varmint 24 inch.

24.6 grains of BenchMark
60 grain V-Max
CCI BR-4 primer
Uniformed Neck-Sized Win brass
COAL 2.260

100_0555.jpg
60grainV-Max.jpg

Originally Posted By: reb8600Here are some 5 shot groups from my Predator Pursuit. Makes me wish I hadnt sold it.
RRAtarget.jpg

Great shooting! Thanks for posting the entire target & not cropping down (zooming in/cuttting down) to the one fantastic group (makes me wonder why no one else has done this
ohmy.gif
grin.gif
thumbup.gif
). Looks like it was a solid shooter.

That looks like a shooter outlaw....im feeling im one of the only folks using reloader 10 for my .223 AR....no wonder there is very little info on it....................X

Now that's what I call a fine shooter Outlawkyote. I'd like to know more about that rifle and what you have done with it. I'm aslo interested in the wildcat cartridge. Pictures Please.

Jim

Sorry, not an AR. But it's the only gun that I ever took pics of groups with. Now that I know how to post them, I'll start taking more.

This from a Remington 700 PSS .308, 168gr MHP BlackHills. 20rounds at 200yds.

target.jpg

target2.jpg

No, that's not a nickel or a dime....it's a quarter. I don't think that I'm capable of firing 20 rounds faster than I did on this one group. I knew the rifle was capable, I wanted to see what I was capable of.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: SodakJimNow that's what I call a fine shooter Outlawkyote. I'd like to know more about that rifle and what you have done with it. I'm aslo interested in the wildcat cartridge. Pictures Please.

Jim

Its fast!!
Killed many PDs and coyotes with it, Some at extended ranges. Coyotes drop in their tracks even if you get a bad shot. VELOCITY KILLS!!! If you havent killed coyotes using a rifle at these speeds you wouldnt understand. Some coyotes Ive watched the bullet split the hair before the recoil knocked the scope out of my eye. Its that fast!!
My son has killed many coyotes with this rifle and loves it.
One of my more spectacular shots on a turkey hit it in the head at 274 yds.
Since Ive had so many of these rifles I dont know what to do about pictures. The rifle that shot the groups above is this one.
22-243M-VLP.jpg

Its a Savage VLP with a 14 twist Shilen. It seems that all of my 22-243 middlesteds shoot as well though. Only a little adjustment in the load and they are spectacular.
This one is a remington with a 14 twist Hart.
rem700002.jpg

Killed lots of critters with it too. The stock is my own design and Joel reproduced it for me.
Heres a remington bull barrel with a 14 twist Shilen
HSpresision22-243002.jpg

A Rem700 with a 14 twist hart nestled into a Mcmillan HTG
mcmillen22-243.jpg

A factory VLS punched out 22-250 thats been punched out to a 22-243Middlested and my own custom camo. I impressed my gunsmith with several 3/4" groups at 300yds with that rifle.
camo.jpg

JGS22-243-1.jpg

From right to left... 22-250rem / 22-250AI / 22-243 Middlested / 224 clark.
brothers001.jpg

Since Ive been bitten by the wildcat bug Ive changed over to mostly Savage rifles so I can take advantage of the switchbarrel idea. Ive got many custom barrels setting here in many different twists. Im in the middle af building yet another 22-243 middlested right now but its a 26" Kreiger in 8 twist. Will see how it shoots in the neer future. Ive not had the best experiences with Kreiger barrels in the past and wanted to give them another chance. If it dont shoot to my expectations I will have another tomato stake for the garden and buy another Shilen ot hart to replace it.

Sorry to the guy who started this post. I didnt read the first page and didnt realize this was a target show n tell for spray-n-pray guns.

I'm very impressed. I should have sent you a PM and not hijacked the thread but it was worth it. I wasn't clear how you could get that kind of speed out of an AR-15.

Thanks for the reply.

Jim

5 shot 100 yard group. 20" Stag 6.8 SPC 110 grain Hornady HPBT

005-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

5 shot 100 yard group, 24" Bushmaster .223, 60 grain VMax

GunsNStuff077-1.jpg

003.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Outlawkyote
Sorry to the guy who started this post. I didnt read the first page and didnt realize this was a target show n tell for spray-n-pray guns.

I think any sensible person knew that those groups were not from a gas gun. Although some will shoot... none will shoot like that (not consistantly at least). I'd be interested in the speed difference you get out of the 8 twist v/s the same load in the 14's. Of course I'm sure you will likley be shooting "heavy's" in it though. Either way, very nice! Keep us posted.

Originally Posted By: coleridge
Outlawkyote said:
I think any sensible person knew that those groups were not from a gas gun. Although some will shoot... none will shoot like that (not consistantly at least).

I used to think like that before I got My RRA Varmint A4 24 bull barrel. With carefully prepared loads, under good conditions, "consistant" 5 shot groups well under .400 are easily done with many AR-15s of this type. Were not talking about the average 16 inch carbine that weighs in under 8 lbs. These rifles are around 12.5 lbs. with first rate optics and target grade triggers. It usally takes a tweaked heavy weight bolt action to equal or beat them. I think you may be underestimating the accuracy potential of "gas guns".

This takes nothing away from Outlawkyote's fine efforts.

I think not... I've got a RRA "bull barrel" and a custom heavy AR, shilen barrel, prs stock, nightforce scope (the works). Outlaw's groups look to be measured before taking out bullet dia. That means his groups are in the consistant .2's- low .3's. No doubt some AR's will shoot in the .5's. Special ones may shoot just better. NONE shoot in the CONSISTANT .2's.

I think some guys are a bit optimistic. Check out the latest BR comps. The aggs for the winner (with the best of the best of the best equipment and shooters) won't be what some guys claim.

Maybe they should buy some AR's. (Enter sarcasm here)

Outlaw's groups look to be measured before taking out bullet dia. That means his groups are in the consistant .2's- low .3's. No doubt some AR's will shoot in the .5's. Special ones may shoot just better. NONE shoot in the CONSISTANT .2's.

Thanks. Yes, I just measured extream spread.

22-24314twist003.jpg

22-24314twist002.jpg

22-24314twist001.jpg

22-24314twist.jpg

Ive never owned a gas gun, Ive just always prefered bolt guns with extream accuracy. Shot plenty of gas guns in the Marines though and am amazed how much accuracy can be had from them nowa days.

Originally Posted By: Jayhawker275 shot 100 yard group, 24" Bushmaster .223, 60 grain VMax

GunsNStuff077-1.jpg

What Powder and Load ?

Last edited:
Now that we have the measurement issue cleared up, it's obvious that Outlawkyote has an exceptional shooter. The typical bolt action varmint rifle will not shoot that well either. I'm sure there are far more bolt guns that will shoot under 1/2 MOA at 100 yards than there are "gas guns", but there are some that will. That prairie dog in your scope at 100 to 200 yards will never know the difference.

The big advantage that I see with the gas guns is that it's possible to kill 4 P-dogs with the AR-15 before your partner can get off his second shot with his bolt action. This is common in our big dog towns. A 20 round magazine with a sub 1/2 MOA AR-15 varminter is deadly combination on colony varmints. It's far from "Spray and Pray" with ARs configured like I have discribed.

I have a nice bolt action heavy varminter that shoots in the sub .50 range in the same .223 caliber that I also enjoy. It is certainly a lot better looking rifle with a more natural feel than the AR-15. This Remington 700 VLS had to be heavily modified to get under 1 MOA. The AR-15 actually took less work and money to get to sub 1/2 MOA in this case.
100_0542.jpg

Yeah soda im with you on exceptional,,AR's and Bolts...Weatherby "sub moa"rifle and les baers sub moa gaurentee on AR's give the notion that you can put anyone on the trigger with match ammo and do it.

Other than dog towns,,,most bench AR'S or Bolts ar a bit on the heavy side to pack....lighter ones of either around 1 moa realisticly.

But,,for what the AR rifle is,what its designed for and all,,,to even hang with a single shot bolt with a 26"barrel,trued chamber,,,,well you get the drift......X

Back