So Lets see some Groups

went out today with my new predator pursuit. Just wat testing some loads. I hope that I can get these even tighter with some minor adjustments. Not sure though if I can .575.
6 shot group. 6 because this is the first group and I was just warming the barrel with the first. not sure if I even needed too.
010.jpg

Originally Posted By: UtahShooter went out today with my new predator pursuit. Just wat testing some loads. I hope that I can get these even tighter with some minor adjustments. Not sure though if I can .575.
6 shot group. 6 because this is the first group and I was just warming the barrel with the first. not sure if I even needed too.
010.jpg

I could live with that.
Very Nice.

Nice:
What Load ?

Originally Posted By: UtahShooter went out today with my new predator pursuit. Just wat testing some loads. I hope that I can get these even tighter with some minor adjustments. Not sure though if I can .575.
010.jpg

Originally Posted By: hylanderNice:
What Load ?

010.jpg

23.5 of 8208 xbr with Nosler 55 grains I do believe.

The first two were shot this past Friday with my RRA A4 varmint 24" with 1-8" twist barrel and Burris Signature 6x-24x-44mm AO scope. It is wearing an Ace skeleton stock right now and Harris 9"-13" swivel bipod with Pod Lok. I'm running 50gr. V-max with 26gr. BL-C(2) and CCI 450 primers in full length sized Winchester Brass. The first two were shot prone in the mud with bipod front and sand sock under the grip. I was a still a little shaky from having food poison on Tuesday. Second target was 312yds and first was 100yds. Third target was fired a good while back at a public range from a bench at 100yds while doing some load workup. Looks like I was shooting 55gr. V-max moly. I pulled the flyer. All 5 shot groups.
AR100yds.jpg

AR312yds.jpg

target1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, but the food poison was no joke. Taco Bell is evil. I managed to get through work Thurdsay and had to get out and shoot Friday while the weather was cooperating. By the time I got sighted in at 100yds and get 3 groups in and move back to 200yds I was shaking like the Taco Bell chihuahua
crazy.gif
. Back at the 312yd target I was glad I had a 2 stage NM trigger. The rifle has been awesome for anyone that has shot it. BTW, next time I order a 6 pack of Tacos, I'm just going to get the 3 litres of IV to go instead of the Mt. Dew and save time at the ER
sick.gif

Ok, I believe you. I got food sick once about 30yrs. ago from eating at a Long John Silver, I think I have only felt that ill twice in my whole life. In those 30yrs I only went back one time...don`t know what I was thinking.
Ha,Ha, shaking like the TB Chihuaha (passing a peach sead?)
My best groups have been with a 50g V Max, but my groups were not near as good as yours when I stretched it out towards 300yrds. That really opened my eyes to how much wind comes into play, there was a fair amount of wind that day and I was doing good to keep 10 rounds on a paper plate.

I forgot my Kestrel for this shoot, but I would guess the wind was about 5-7mph quarter wind from my 10'oclock to 3 o'clock. Drift was about 4" at 312yds. The target above is with wind dialed in.

Shot this today, more than a little luck was involved. First time I have shot it out that far for groups, thought it was at 300 but I was a little shy.

5330278441_c5d188f5e4_b.jpg

5120504438_c9ddde62cb_b.jpg

Rock River Arms 20" Predator Pursuit rifle
Bushnell 6500 Elite 2.5-16X42 tactical
Black Hills blue box 60 gr. V-Max .223

Scott

Quote:Thanks, but the food poison was no joke. Taco Bell is evil.

Ain't that the truth! Doesn't say a lot for my smarts that I'll still go back to them rather than a McDs (who I've also been bitten by)

ALL OF YOU GUYS NEED TO SHOW UP FOR THE PREDATOR MASTERS EGG SHOOT NEXT MONTH!! (I'm used to being beaten).
lol.gif

(Didn't mean to discredit your group woodshed, good shooting to say the least)
now lets see it again with 5+ shots
smile.gif

Last edited:
Cbass, I agree with you a group should be 5 shots, but when I did that a little while ago I only had 3 rounds left, I for one am not a great paper shooter, but I did get lucky. I'm going out shooting next thursday, I'll try to duplicate the blind squirrel trick.

Back