Ruger 17 Hornet

Lookin' good, Adam. Mine came in too late to shoot today. Scope mounted, and factory rounds will be fired after chores tomorrow....

IMG_2028.jpg

What does that perrty little thing weight with a scope on her, thinking real hard about one we pretty much just have greys and bobcats down here I think that rascal would look real good being carried around down here in the hill country texas

if you fella's dont mind me asking. what was the price you paid for them little gem's. im thinking of splurging on one but its order only around here so far

Don, in reading that article, it failed to mention AA1680. That and Lil Gun are the two powders that work best in my 17AH's.

I've had good luck with the 20gr. V-Max. Berger 20's have done well to. Can't seem to get any of the 25's to shoot for me which is no problem as I use them strictly for "rats".

Thanks, Jim. I noticed they didn't have a preference for 1680, too. I have lilgun and v maxes awready stocked. Do the bergers seem to be a tougher bullet than the vxaxes? What twist are the coopers?

+1 on the 1680.
I run 1680 behind 20gr Nagel V-046 (open point). Very entertaining!
grin.gif

FWIW,,, my Cooper 17AH has a 10 twist.

Mine ran 710$ out the door.

Now I noticed this for load data, it only runs to 45,000 PSI which means that in the real world we're short 6K PSI or thereabouts. Most other cartridges are running 51-52K PSI. The manufactures still believe the hornet is a weak little round, check it out for yourself.

Another thing you may want to look at is the Ramshot lint of powders. They are a ball powder but much more stable than Lil' Gun or AA1680. I am running Ramshot Enforcer in mine and will use it when not using Trailboss.

Adam

Back