Remington Model 7 predator 22-250 will not shoot. Please help!

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesI'm kinda confused on the dates. The invoice says Rem repair shop received a rifle 3-1-13.

You make it sound like you received return label on 3-8-13 and are still in possession of the rifle on 3-8-13 and maybe even 3-9-13.

Or maybe I'm reading things wrong. Which very well could be.
smile.gif

Those were exactly my thoughts earlier this evening when I saw the picture of the Remington repair report showing a received date of 3/1/2013.

I'm sure the OP will be along any minute now in his best forthcoming manner to clear this up for everyone ...

Originally Posted By: AubreyD.Oh ya it was the same rifle I sent them because I still have the original receipt for the rifle and I think 700 is a fair price for a recently serviced rifle from Remington with less than 50 rounds through it. Maybe yall should read the rules about trashing someones post on the classifieds. Unless y'all think Remington's are not worth the price.

You were the person complaining about the rifle and what you thought of it when you started this thread with additional questions about the black bolt being rough, etc. And also you were complaining about previous Remington rifle you've owned. Those things represent questions on your part about the value of the rifles. Now this rifle is next to minted gold in value based on a repair report. Have you shot it since you got it back?

The thread almost took on the form of a "let's bash Brand X" thread were it not for your vagueness on any and all issues. I'm sorry, but based on what has happened here only, I wouldn't touch this rifle with a ten foot pole. For me, Caveat emptor applies. And not because of the rifle itself.

3/8/13
Originally Posted By: AubreyD.Its probably headed to New York back to Remington. I really want this gun to work out. Another question what do you guys think about the black bolts on the gun they seem a little rough to me?

You mean it was already sent? How else could they have received it a week before you posted here?

As far as the vagueness for the rifles problems I thought I was pretty clear on what the rifle was doing and was causing me the problems. Yes I contacted Remington on the top date the day they received the work order. The rifle was then shipped next day air to Remington. I just dont get what the big deal is? The rifle is fixed says Remington and tomorrow hopefully I will throw some pills through it.

As far as bashing Remington I am most certainly not. 6 million model 700's says something. I think I have just been cursed with them.

I have a $279.00 black Savage with a clip 22-250. Will shoot 1" and less all day with many different rounds, have killed plenty of groundhogs 300+ I will trade you I will let my daughter use it for deer, so if it shoots 4" she should still hit the kill.

Last edited:
Aubrey

I also have a predator in a .22/250

Here's my opinion on the gun

I don't hunt with it, due to its inconsistency.... Actually my inconsistency when shooting it. That is by far the most difficult gun to shoot tiny groups with that I have ever owned.

The first problem with the predator is SEVERE muzzle flip. I can shoot mine well at a bench smashed between sandbags and it will shoot in the .7s with several factory loads. But if taken out of that scenario there is no telling where the thing is gonna send a bullet. The gun is RIDICULOUSLY light in the front end.

Couple the feather light gun with an 11 pound trigger and you've got the perfect storm. I like the idea of the gun a lot but it's got a few flaws. I know one guy that added some lead to the inside of the forend of one and it helped.

Mark my words that a one pound trigger would completely change your relationship with that gun. The gun is just difficult to hold still to begin with and then it wants to hop when the pin drops. You may have gotten a lemon, but I don't think so.... I've been exactly where you are and it just took me getting to know the gun.

For what it's worth

Tanner

EDIT VVVVVV

So I posted without reading the whole thread..... My bad.

But my experience is good info for anyone else in the predator world

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CTanMAubrey

I also have a predator in a .22/250

Here's my opinion on the gun

I don't hunt with it, due to its inconsistency.... Actually my inconsistency when shooting it. That is by far the most difficult gun to shoot tiny groups with that I have ever owned.

The first problem with the predator is SEVERE muzzle flip. I can shoot mine well at a bench smashed between sandbags and it will shoot in the .7s with several factory loads. But if taken out of that scenario there is no telling where the thing is gonna send a bullet. The gun is RIDICULOUSLY light in the front end.

Couple the feather light gun with an 11 pound trigger and you've got the perfect storm. I like the idea of the gun a lot but it's got a few flaws. I know one guy that added some lead to the inside of the forend of one and it helped.

Mark my words that a one pound trigger would completely change your relationship with that gun. The gun is just difficult to hold still to begin with and then it wants to hop when the pin drops. You may have gotten a lemon, but I don't think so.... I've been exactly where you are and it just took me getting to know the gun.

For what it's worth

Tanner

EDIT VVVVVV

So I posted without reading the whole thread..... My bad.

But my experience is good info for anyone else in the predator world

I had a Model 7 Predator in 22-250 and I have one in 223. I sold the 22-250 because I had a chance to make money on it, and had another rifle in that caliber. There was nothing wrong it, it shot just fine. My Predator in 223 is one of my most accurate rifles, and my go to predator hunting rifle. It's light because it's supposed to be. As far as the trigger goes, haven't you ever heard of a thing called trigger adjustment or trigger replacement. Mine has the factory trigger adjusted down to 3 pounds, and I wouldn't want anything else on a hunting rifle.

Originally Posted By: RubenatorJust swallow your pride and buy a Savage.
I'd rather have a sister in a cat house than a brother shooting a Savage!

Originally Posted By: jamesdOriginally Posted By: RubenatorJust swallow your pride and buy a Savage.

Lol.
tongue_smilie.gif

Originally Posted By: jamesdOriginally Posted By: RubenatorJust swallow your pride and buy a Savage.

But on the other side of the coin, at least the Brother with the Savage knows that his gun fires only after pulling the trigger...
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Originally Posted By: jamesdOriginally Posted By: RubenatorJust swallow your pride and buy a Savage.

But on the other side of the coin, at least the Brother with the Savage knows that his gun fires only after pulling the trigger...
tt2.gif

Now, that's what I call a low blow.

Back