Remington Model 7 predator 22-250 will not shoot. Please help!

Yes they did they even sent a ups shipping label. I was just seeing if anyone had any suggestions on the rifle like similar problems. How is Remington's repair department?

Originally Posted By: AubreyD.Yes they did they even sent a ups shipping label. I was just seeing if anyone had any suggestions on the rifle like similar problems. How is Remington's repair department?

They are pretty good - they might just replace the rifle for you. Every time I sent one back, I got a new one in exchange.

Well whatever they they do I hope they send me one that shoots well. I really like the rifle and would like to make it my daily rifle. Its light feels good and who doesn't like a 250.

Originally Posted By: AubreyD.It is the same they would not group to save your life.

Aubrey...

You are askin' for help. Guys are askin' you easy questions to answer.

You ain't givin' no answers.

How come???

It's a two way street Dude!

Sorry guys. The other rifles were both 700's one was a Vtr and the other was a adl stainless synthetic. No matter what what bullets you fed them from 36 to 60 grain they would shoot all over. The adl preferred 45 grain Remington ballistic tips and the best I ever shot with it was 2.5 in at 100 yrds. Its groups were usually spread sporadically not horizontally or vertically. The best the VTR ever shot was 4.4 sporadically and I didn't even bother with that one about fixing it after all the money I had spent in ammo.

I have the same rifle. It's my go to gun. It didn't shoot any federal ammo worth a crap. It grouped 1" groups with the 55 grain Remington core loc. I can stack them with the 52 grain accutip v's. I can do the same with the cheap 45 grain JHP's. I stuck with the JHP's because of the price and it caused a little less pelt damage.

So what about the torque specs? Like one of the guys said the barrel channel on these rifles has a rise in it that contacts the barrel, if you slide a bill in it should stop just before the sling stud, you need a couple pounds of pressure on the barrel at this point I tried floating the barrel in my 700 without bedding the action and it shot just as yours is. I had to build it back up with epoxy to get my accuracy back.

Its probably headed to New York back to Remington. I really want this gun to work out. Another question what do you guys think about the black bolts on the gun they seem a little rough to me?

I have 3 Model 7's, a Predator in 223, a Predator in 22-250, and a synthetic stocked 20 inch barrel 243. All 3 are very accurate rifles. The Predator in 223 may be the most consistantly accurate rifle I own, and shoots that way with a wide variety of loads. The Predator in 22-250 took a little playing around with to find a load it liked, but it will consistantly shoot under an inch at a 100 yards. I only tried one laod in the 243...a 70 grain Sierra handload...and it shoot so well I've not tried anything else. I adjusted the trigger on each rife after I took it out of the bx and that's all that's been touched. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I don't think so, I think it's the norm for the Model 7's to shoot that way.

Whats the scope and...... Have you used the same scope on each of these poor shooting rifles?

Are you shooting from a bench or the hood of your truck?

Can't help but think after 3 different rifles, it's a problem with your equipment or techniques.

On edit,
I've had a few poor shooting rifles in my time, none were that bad.... None.

Last edited:
Well all three rifles were not consecutive. They were accumulated over about 5 years. First was the ADL. I had a Nikon Coyote special 4.5-14x42 which I sold to my calling partner and he still uses it on his pre-64 218 bee. The other optic I had on the VTR was a Leopold 2.5-8x36 vx3 b&c edition. It is currently on my cz 527 .223.

When shooting groups I always shoot from a heavy duty wooden bench off bulls bags front and rear. I wasn't the only one to shoot these rifle either. My calling partner who has been calling and shooting for 15+ years longer than I have says I have a curse with Remington rifles.

It is hard to say without being able to look at it, but I have to believe that in all cases it is/was something very simple.

As an example of my experience with the Model 700 new and old, I just purchased a couple in ADL chambered in 223 Rem, I took one of these un-fired and new, slapped it in a Bobby Hart LRS thumbhole stock changed nothing else other than slicking up the factory trigger and adding BDL bottom metal, took it out and sighted it in [three shots] and shot my first five shot group with a proven 8208xbr load with Sierra 50gr BK's. The result was a .337 five shot group at 100yds. While this is a bit better than average it is indicative of how the Remington 700 platform typically shoots. That is to say I was not surprised.

There must be something simple you are over looking. I would expect all of the rifles of yours to be MOA- 1 1/2 out of the box with the right ammo. This is just my experience.

Back