Remington Customer Service!

Originally Posted By: Jeff MockI just called and left a message for Al Russo of Remington. I will keep you guys posted as to the results of our discussion when he calls me back.

Jeff

Anything? We most all assume remington loves us and stands behind their product and will not hide from us right.

Therefore remington must be on vacation. Yeah thats the reason for lack of responses. Did they at least have a recorded message as to when they will remove their head from the sand?

Skinner

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Droopyfur2Even if you HAD a beautyiful body , I wouldn't hold it against anyone!!! LOL

After farther review, I yeild to the overwelmingly opinions. Wasn't really on big Greens side anyway, just stirring the pot.

LOL... Just wanted to keep this thread alive eh... Good Call.

This is just my personal opinion from my personal experience with the 597. They are junk in my book. I bought one and it was shooting awesome, talked my brother into buying one and it shot awesome, for about a year. Then to get the trigger to reset you would have to push it back into place with your finger. Called Remington about it and they said send them in. When we got them back a letter was in the box stating that they could find nothing wrong with them. They did nothing about the trigger sticking rearward after firing a shot. I have yet to find the reason this is happening. Paid alot of money for what is now basically a single shot. I have had great luck with the 700's and the 870's but I still say that the 597 is junk.

I have had a few Remingtons. My first Bear was shot by a Rem 700 in 300 RUM and that rifle was a tack driver. Sorry fellas I'm still a Remington man.

Good thing you're an ironworker. You can build a metal box to hunt out of so when you need a follow up shot on a bear and your trigger is stuck, you'll be safe! LOL

Originally Posted By: cmateraGood thing you're an ironworker. You can build a metal box to hunt out of so when you need a follow up shot on a bear and your trigger is stuck, you'll be safe! LOL

Where did he say he hunt bears with a Model 597 rim fire rifle with a stuck trigger...? (Highly possible since they are indeed junk...)

Or are you now going to let us in on a problem with Model 700 triggers that only you know about....?

-BCB

No. What does shooting a bear with a Model 700 in 300 RUM have to do with the original post about the Model 597 or Remington overall quality issues, or customer service?

Originally Posted By: cmateraNo. What does shooting a bear with a Model 700 in 300 RUM have to do with the original post about the Model 597 or Remington overall quality issues, or customer service?

A lot more than your rambling comment containing nothing at all relevant to the subject did..

-BCB

Originally Posted By: cmateraIn your dreams. You wasted two posts and said nothing. Two sentances wasn't "rambling". And learn what LOL means.

For some reason, I think two sentences was probably a real achievement for you. Maybe you should learn what creative and relevant mean...

LOL...!! (There, did I use it correctly for ya', Champ...?)

-BCB

To a pinhead like you, two sentances is rambling. If someone puts up a post with three sentances,about the original subject matter, maybe you can get someone to help you, Boy

What was this thread about again??? Oh yea... now I remember... its about remington's customer service or lack there of. Anyone wanna talk about that for a change?
confused.gif

Way to keep this one active boys!
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jeff MockI just called and left a message for Al Russo of Remington. I will keep you guys posted as to the results of our discussion when he calls me back.

Jeff

Hey Jeff... just wondering if Al called back yet? Maybe you can give us his extension so we can all call and leave him a message!
whistle.gif

baileydr,

Does not look like anything from remington yet. Still have their head in something.

Ironworker,

If your happy with your remingtons because they shoot fine now... well that is OK. Just hope nothing happens with them like triggers sticking or perhaps cartridges blowing up up where they should not. If this happens to your guns too bad because remington will find a reason to blame somebody else or claim nothing is wrong.

Casing and magazine shrapnel flying between your arms, body and feet is also no concern of theirs.

Maybe Savage, or somebody will have a cash for junkers program for some of us remington owners. I know I will not take another chance on remington.

Oh in case you notice I did not nor will I capitalize remington's r because I don't feel they deserve it.

I wonder if remington workers shoot remingtons.

Skinner

Last edited:
Savage is no different, my brother sent back a 17 with a crown that looked like it had been cut with a chainsaw, the rifle would not group 2in. at 50 yrds. Was sent to savage, was returned with a 5/8in. group they say they shot at 100yrds, BS. took it to my local smith and had it recrowned, problem fixed, they didnt want to mess with it. ed

Originally Posted By: tuneredSavage is no different, my brother sent back a 17 with a crown that looked like it had been cut with a chainsaw, the rifle would not group 2in. at 50 yrds. Was sent to savage, was returned with a 5/8in. group they say they shot at 100yrds, BS. took it to my local smith and had it recrowned, problem fixed, they didnt want to mess with it. ed

I would rather have a gun that that would shoot 2in. than have one that would blow up in my pretty face. Maybe your gunsmith can fix all of these remmys?

Originally Posted By: Nikon_ManOriginally Posted By: tuneredSavage is no different, my brother sent back a 17 with a crown that looked like it had been cut with a chainsaw, the rifle would not group 2in. at 50 yrds. Was sent to savage, was returned with a 5/8in. group they say they shot at 100yrds, BS. took it to my local smith and had it recrowned, problem fixed, they didnt want to mess with it. ed

I would rather have a gun that that would shoot 2in. than have one that would blow up in my pretty face. Maybe your gunsmith can fix all of these remmys?

Don't forget Magnum Reserch and Volquartsen. Anyone who has tried to make semi-auto rifles in 17 HMR has had problems. They've all puked the ammunition...

Ruger wisely chose to stay out of the semi-auto game themselves even though they were in on some of the original cartridge development with Marlin and Hornady. But the development was done utilizing bolt action rifles. Folks have independently tried to make the 10-22 action work on their own with beefed up bolt carriers, charging handles, and springs, but these too have failed at times...

The cartridge is simply not designed to be safely used in ANY current semi-auto blow back RF action rifle. That's what this is really all about...

-BCB

Back