Oklahunt 2006 Info - Condensed

Well, it looks like I won't be attending after all. I was really looking forward to it, but I got drawn for one of Missouri's managed deer hunts that same weekend. Didn't really figure that it would be a problem because I hadn't been drawn the last eight years, but that is how it goes I guess.

Alright, well, if you change your mind, let me know. I will mark you down as not attending, however, you will still be in the drawing for prizes.

Quote:
Just thought I would make another post to hopefully get some of the fence straddlers going.

Don't straddle the fence fellas. Your liable to snag your...... well, you know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Plus, if you don't get those splinters out, an abcess could form, and you DON'T want a shot in, around, or near THAT hole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I have had a lot of PM's asking for more details. Right now, you all know what I know. We should be finalizing the schedule soon.

Right now, it looks like this.

This is the first time that this hunt will have been held. The details are something like this.

Thursday night - Meet and greet (also Q&a for game ranger and maybe biologist)

Friday Night - Seminar

Saturday Night - Seminar

Sunday Morning - Banquet

You can hunt anytime you wish, and that is legal. (No night hunting, unless you drive to Texas) You don't have to be there for any of the hunt if you just want to meet for the banquet, or you don't have to be there for the banquet if you just want to hunt. (You have to still register though)

I hope that this helps. If you have any questions, let me know.

Jeff, you've got me on the roster, right? Ques- The Fri & Sat seminars. Who will be speaking and what is the topic(s)?

I have only received registrations from a couple of people. Sorry Tom, nothing from you yet.

We are setting the schedule up, but I know we should have a skinning seminar; a lip, eye, and ear splitting seminar (we need to have both of these on the same night); and then a trapping seminar; and maybe a couple of surprise seminars (possibly how to turn a call, bed a rifle, calling, scent control and use, etc.)

Hope this helps.

J. Holly

What date is this going to take place. Would like to attend if I can make it. What do I need to do to sign up.

Everything you need to know is in the first post.

I am very shocked that only 3 have signed up and one of those is the guy putting it on. Get with it fellas. This will be a blast!

OK... The king of the stupid questions has arrived... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What the heck can you hunt in December in Oklahoma? Coyotes?

Anything else?

What does the $100 license cover?

Are the meetings/seminars going to include smokers? I'm not really allergic to cigarette smoke but I can't stand it.

How about locals to point out some places to hunt and basic techniques that work in the area?

I also suggest you announce this in the Predator hunting forum (maybe you already have???) since this is the first time I've seen it and maybe others will also be surprized.

$bob$

There are over 10 species of game that can be legally hunted in Oklahoma in December.

Licenses - Non-residents can expect to pay $47.50 to hunt coyotes; $98.50 to hunt fox, bobcat, and coyotes. These prices are for a 5 day license. This does not include any applicable WMA fees.

Right now, all of the seminars are scheduled to take place outside.

We will be having some of the ODWC's rangers and maybe biologists to be pointing out accessible land, problem areas for coyotes and other areas of interest. One of PM's members recently came down to Oklahoma from the upper midwest and he managed to call in 46 coyotes in 5 days. I can promise you that if you are successful in your technique works where your from, you should be fine here in Oklahoma.

There is a sticky right at the top of the predator forum that links to this thread.

Hope to see you there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Somebody better kill sumpin or I cant show you how to skin the face and feet, turn the ears or split the lips on a coyote .

Lance, have faith. I KNOW we will have SOME animals to practice on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Hopefully enough for EVERYONE to attempt this at your seminar) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Somebody better kill sumpin or I cant show you how to skin the face and feet, turn the ears or split the lips on a coyote .

There was a day when I split a few lips. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lance,

If you started baiting coyotes then that would make you the .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NASA... I split a few lips too... I've got the knuckle scars to prove it too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

$bob$

Back